• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy Relink Is Still a PS4 Game, But Could Also Come to PS5

Mista

Banned
Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-1-2.jpg

Cygames’ Granblue Fantasy Relink doesn’t have a release window yet, and with the next-generation coming fast, many have been wondering if it’ll actually come to PS4 as it was initially announced.

To shed some light on this question, Twinfinite asked director Tetsuya Fukuhara himself, who confirmed that he is “very sure” that Granblue Fantasy Relink will still be released on PS4.

That being said — while he made it clear that for now, it’s just a possibility — depending on the release timing, the game could get a cross-generation release on PS4 and PS5.

When asked to clarify whether it would be simply a PS4 release taking advantage of backward compatibility, or a proper dedicated launch on PS5, Fukuhara-san mentioned that the latter option is a possibility.
It’s not decided at the moment, but there is a possibility that it would be a proper PS5 disk. In that case, it probably wouldn’t feature a big jump in visual quality and resolution, but it’d probably have a better frame rate and faster loading times. This is one possibility, but we’ll see in the future.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Since this isn't coming out soon and PS5 is around the corner I will most likely just wait for a PS5 version.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It could just run on the Ps5 if Sony doesn't half ass their backwards comp. (top 100 only by launch :/)
IMO is better prioritize the next GG entry.
Wrong title friend. Relink is the action jrpg that has been in development since forever.

game looks awesome, just if it will ever actually release. i love platinum games, but cygames taking this over from platinum makes me wonder on some things. was Microsoft actually justified for canceling scalebound? we see another publisher taking full development from platinum. or was this platinum saying we no longer want to do it so we can focus on our self published games?

AGAIN I LOVE PLATINUM GAMES. i'm simply thinking out loud.

Fbh

Hopefully Sony doesn't half ass their backwards compatibility so we don't need games like this to release a separate version on Ps5

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
mmmm....the problem is if the game is not popular enough then it might not be part of backwards compatibility.

I also waaaay too hype for this game to wait for PS5 version.

sublimit

Banned
That is expected.

But i'm starting to wonder if Project Awakening (which from what they have talked about seems like a much more ambitious project) has switched production to PS5-only.

PS4's install base however is reason enough to make them try their hardest to make it run on PS4.

Fake

Still no release date? Now after my travel be cancelled I will watch this game. The last gameplay video was good.

DESTROYA

Not sure why publishers couldn’t just make games this late into the PS4 gen automatically work on the PS5.
I’m sure its not the publishers call but it would only make sense.

Nero_PR

Banned
I think it is great that they are evaluating if the title will have a BC or be a cross-gen title. This is the chance that the IP has been waiting to propel itself outside of the Eastern market. The future of the IP in the West could be on the hands of this game. To give you a perspective, I don't know how popular the game actually is in the US, but here in Brazil even I, who am a huge fan of the franchise, didn't know it had the Manga of it being published officially by Panini. Let alone, the browser game isn't available here, and don't know any other person who really knows that the franchise even existed.

If Cygames really want to strike big here and worldwide, they need to make it available to the largest number of platforms and audiences possible, make the two seasons of the anime available on Netflix (it says it already is, but I think not here) on most countries, make them have localizations aside from the typical Eng/Jap as they did with the Versus game, and bring the motherfucking mobile game to other places. They can hit the jackpot, but need to invest in marketing and see if there is any interest outside of the US for the West, since at the end of the day it is all business.

Top Bottom