• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
53017635380_119c4fac51_o.png

53017635420_1b53f66191_o.png

Celcius

°Temp. member
They must have upgraded the A.I. since the last time I played. I just did that 10 lap temporary e sports olympics race and there was this one car that I kept getting into battles with. First I nudged its rear end in a corner and made it spin out, then 2 laps later it caught me and did the same thing to me, and then 2 laps later I got the last laugh by making it spin out again on the same corner and proceeded to get my bronze trophy lol. I've never fought with an A.I. racer like that before.

sncvsrtoip

Con-Z-epT

I dont have to win necessarily. Just bronze would be fine

Definitely try to get the gold for the circuit experience on this track. Sector by sector and then the full lap. Watch the demonstration. This was the first step for me, towards winning this race.

You should be below the 2 minute mark. Constantly! Consistency is key for this race.

Con-Z-epT

For those wondering the layout and photos.

Really cool location. Canadians be like: "Eh, let's build a race track right here! Eh?" :messenger_grinning_sweat:

F1_1978_circuit_ile_notre_dame.png

Can't seem to find a good vid with a road car on a hot lap.

Edit: Seems to be very formula centric. There is a video with Nascars. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
Really cool location. Canadians be like: "Eh, let's build a race track right here! Eh?" :messenger_grinning_sweat:

F1_1978_circuit_ile_notre_dame.png

Can't seem to find a good vid with a road car on a hot lap.

Edit: Seems to be very formula centric. There is a video with Nascars. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Well if anything I hope they do it justice background wise. Nice city scape in the back and the river. Hopefully we see that as well besides boring barriers.

Well movie got delayed so I guess update will too :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Though hinestly Ill wait for this to pop up on torrents, I really have no ambition to watch this movie in cinema.

Con-Z-epT

Gran Turismo 7 Update is Coming on August 7: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla​

Gran Turismo 7’s next update is coming on Monday August 7, as confirmed today in an unusually timed Tweet by series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

It’s a date we’ve been keeping an eye on for a while, as it had already been teased much earlier in the month as the day when a new car, the Toyota GR Corolla Morizo Edition, would become available to some players. Yamauchi usually Tweets out the traditional silhouette images that tease which cars are coming to the game the weekend before the update. However he’s posted today to confirm the update, a full eight days ahead of the event. That’s likely in response to fans who were expecting a content update before the end of July, as most months in the game’s life to date have had such an update in their final full week. However Yamauchi has also previously stated that updates are not monthly by design, and may be more or less frequent.

We were of course expecting the center-left car, which is the Toyota GR Corolla noted above. There’s a caveat on the vehicle though, which is that it won’t actually become available to purchase in the game through Brand Central until the end September. Instead players will have access to the car in Sport Mode to practice for the final round of the 2023 Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup, which uses the car for a race at Watkins Glen, and all players who compete in any one round of the championship will receive it in their gifts at the end of the tournament on August 27.

The remaining three cars should be available right from the moment the game’s servers are back up following the update on August 7. Moving anticlockwise there’s a hotly anticipated supercar in the shape of the new Maserati MC20. This looks to be the fixed-head version rather than the convertible Cielo model, but in either case the car sports a 620hp, three-liter, twin-turbo V6.

Ticking round once more we see what appears to be a returning car to the series, in the shape of the first-generation Chevrolet Corvette. However as we can see from the hood louvers, this is a 1958 model rather than the 1954 version from Gran Turismo 46.

Finally there’s the most curious vehicle of all, which is quite clearly a commercial van. On closer inspection of the details we can see, it looks to be an emergency vehicle based on the Toyota Hiace, known as the “HiMedic”. Notably this is actually a car we’ve already seen in the game, as a toy in the Tomica Town Scapes location!

This of course only represents the vehicle content coming in the next update, and there’s no information yet on any further details in the update. Fans will likely be expecting a new track, as it has been a good long while since the last new circuit additions, but there’s no information along these lines yet. The update also lands days before the original premiere date for the Gran Turismo movie, and the Gran Turismo World Series Showdown in Amsterdam. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the update will see some tie-in with the movie or, as previously seen with the GT World Series Final, some in-game special event races with high-value rewards.

We’re expecting the update to arrive around the usual time of 0600-0800 UTC on Monday August 7. Don’t forget that you won’t be able to access the game’s servers at all, including saving your game, while the servers are offline and until you have installed the update.

20220127-Toyota-HiMedic-Hero.jpg

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

C1, fuck yeah!

They need to hurry up and get on the Z06, they also need to update their GT (Gr3) cars as well.
Surely the C1 will lead to an extra ticket for collection purposes.

Yes, more newer Gr.3 cars would be nice. I'm still driving my fake modded C8 around with the GT3 livery. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Would also love to see the new Ferrari 296. Kinda sexy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Surely the C1 will lead to an extra ticket for collection purposes.

Yes, more newer Gr.3 cars would be nice. I'm still driving my fake modded C8 around with the GT3 livery. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Would also love to see the new Ferrari 296. Kinda sexy.
Yeah, getting tired of seeing the C7.R and V8 R8's. They need to get on that shit for when Forza drops.

Con-Z-epT

I have a feeling that Ferrari 296 will be coming before the end of the year. Same with the Z06.

Well i really hope to see more "newer" editions in general no matter the brand or the category but this interview makes me keep my expectations in check.

“We could integrate recent models from 2023 in a 2023 update. But as I was saying earlier, this would involve quite a lot of work. We’d need the manufacturers to send us absolutely all the data at a very early stage. It takes like one or even two years to be more comfortable, to have not only all the design data, but also the textures, the technical data. But we really need to be able to work with the manufacturers very, very early on, and even they don’t necessarily have all the information we need to give us as soon as the models come out.”

No doubt we will be granted more modern cars in the life cycle of GT7 but i doubt it will be very broad approach in content. I'm just happy that they support this game so frequently without additional costs. But one can dream! For a Hyundai N30 '21... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Con-Z-epT

Last edited:
i just installed GT7 and i dont watch gt esport at all . which teams should i predict to win in 'Manufacturers Cup' and 'Nations Cup' ? 😁

Con-Z-epT

Update Details (1.36)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following four new cars have been added:
  ・ Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
  ・ Maserati MC20 '20
  ・Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
  ・Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21

The 'Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22' car will be available to experience in Round 7 of the 'TOYOTA GAZOO Racing GT Cup' (TGR GT Cup) on 27 August, prior to its official release. It will also be available to test drive in practice mode once the server maintenance on Monday, 7 August has been completed. Additionally, players who enter the TGR GT Cup and register a time in the Points Ranking (any round) using their Online ID, will receive this car as a gift. The car will be delivered on 28 August. It will also be available to purchase from Brand Central in late September.

The 'Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21' will be received early as a gift by entering the 'Gift Viewers' Campaign banner in the top right of the World Map and watching the Nations Cup broadcast from the 'World Series Showdown 2023 Amsterdam' event taking place on 11-12 August. The car will be delivered on either 14 August or 21 August, depending on when you viewed the broadcast. It will also be available to purchase from Brand Central in late September. (Various sounds have been added to the Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21.)

- A new livery has been added for the following car:
  ・Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '18

To celebrate the release of 'Gran Turismo: The Movie,' players can receive a GT movie livery edition GT-R as a gift by watching the trailer from the "Celebrate the release of the 'Gran Turismo' movie!" banner on the World Map from 7 August to late September.

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
   - American Sunday Cup 600
  ・Dragon Trail
   - Hyper Car Parade
  ・Red Bull Ring
   - Hyper Car Parade
  ・High Speed Ring
   - World Touring Car 800

3. Brand Central
 - The following brands have been added to the Museum:
  ・BAC
  ・Fanatec

4. Scapes
 - The 'Fire Station' location has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

5. Café
 - The following Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 26: 'Collection: Maserati' (Collector Level 40 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No. 27: 'Collection: Aston Martin' (Collector Level 44 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No. 28: 'Collection: Kei-Cars' (Collector Level 27 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Hideo Kodama
   ・Jaguar D-Type '54
   ・Jaguar E-Type Coupé '61

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
   ・Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71

- Kunihisa Ito
   ・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15
   ・Lexus SC430 GT500 '08

- Hikonori Kagurazaka
   ・Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04
   ・Wicked Fabrication GT 51

- Ed Welburn
   ・Lexus LC500 '17
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15

CHARACTERS
  - Chris
   ・Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '58
  - Jeremy
   ・Maserati MC20 '20

6. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '89
  ・Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89
  ・Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69
  ・Ford Shelby GT350R '16
  ・Shelby G.T. 350 '65

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the replacement conditions for when 'Replace Car After Leaving Track' is used;
 - Turned the default settings for Auto Drive to 'Off' when 'Assist Preset Selection' is set to 'Intermediate' in Assist Settings.

2. Used Cars & Legend Cars
 - Added a new sales category, 'Special Picks.' Using players' Wishlists data for reference, a selection of the most popular cars will be sold as 'Special Picks' cars.

3. World Circuits
 - The recommended car will now be displayed from the hints button ('i') on the event information screen. This display will only appear if set.
 - The name of the car manufacturer will now be displayed for races where 'Regulation (Specified Car)' is set.

4. Music Rally
 - Fixed an issue where progression would sometimes be halted during the following event:
  ・DRIFT

5. Scapes
 - Changed the default speed from 80 km/h to 40 km/h when 'Drift Photography' is selected.

6. Lobbies
 - Fixed an issue wherein a deteriorated car would change to 'Good Condition' when driven in a room with the 'BoP/Tuning Prohibited' option set to 'On.'
 - Fixed an issue wherein the horsepower/vehicle weight information in the bottom right corner of the Quick Menu screen would not display correctly if accessed from a room with the 'BoP/Tuning Prohibited' option set to 'On.'
 - Fixed an issue wherein the changes to the settings would not be reflected after entering the track.

7. Race Screen
 - Added an additional zoom level for the weather radar in the Multi-Function Display (MFD) so that there are now 5 levels;
 - Adjusted the display so that 'BRAKING ASSIST' now appears when the auto brake is in use.

8. Controllers
 - Fixed an issue wherein the 'Vibration Strength' setting would not be correctly reflected when using a wireless controller;
 - Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when using the PS4™ version of Gran Turismo 7 on a PlayStation®5 console with a Logitech® G923 Racing Wheel or Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the game would freeze if a Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel was disconnected from the console while driving.

9. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

10. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Con-Z-epT

Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Dutch Courage

After a flurry of online competition earlier in the year, the time is now upon us for the first of 2023’s two championship-deciding live events at the Gran Turismo World Series Showdown in Amsterdam. Surprisingly, given that Polyphony Digital has offices in the city, it’s the first time that Amsterdam has hosted a live Gran Turismo event. It’s quite the location too, with the waterfront Theater Amsterdam acting as the venue for the races.

This 45,000 square-foot auditorium venue has seating for around 800 people (and tickets are still available for each individual day as well as the event as a whole) with access by car, bike, public transport, and, thanks to its position overlooking the IJ river, boat. Ticket holders will also be able to join GTPlanet each day during the event, at a special assembly point ahead of the racing action.

The event will actually start on the evening of Thursday August 10, with a special showing of the Gran Turismo movie hosted by Kazunori Yamauchi himself at the Pathe Koninklijk Theater Tuschinski in the city. Yamauchi will be available for an audience Q&A afterwards along with GT Academy drivers including Jann Mardenborough (whose story inspired the film) and the original champion Lucas Ordonez, among others.

Friday August 11 will see a special GT Sophy exhibition event, with the latest iteration of the machine learning-trained AI agent racing off against top level Gran Turismo 7 drivers. That will then be followed by the Manufacturers Cup event, with the 12 qualified teams racing for vital World Series points.

It’s an unusual-looking line-up this year, with three rarely seen brands appearing at the finals. Both Lamborghini (2020) and McLaren (2022) will be appearing at only their second ever finals event, while Renault is making its debut. Each team will consist of three drivers, and each is required to drive at least eight laps in the 35-lap race which takes place at Suzuka and uses the brands’ Gr.3 cars.

The Nations Cup final follows on Saturday August 12, after the intensely serious business of the Pro-Am event which will see members of the media, streamers, and influencers pairing off with finalists for a one-off race. For 2023 there’s a new team format for Nations, very similar to that used in Manufacturers. Each finalist country has three representatives and each will be required to drive the regular Gran Turismo X2019 Competition car once during the final, a 30-lap race at Autodrome Lago Maggiore.

Notably there’ll be a qualifying time trial session at Grand Valley Highway 1 in the Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo, followed by a qualification race of an as-yet unspecified format and car/track combination…

Each event will be marked by an absence though. 2022 Nations Cup runner-up, Angel Inostroza will be missing from both his Chile and Porsche squads following injuries sustained in a road accident last month and will not be substituted.

As with the World Final in Monaco last year, there’ll be special events connected to the Showdown available through in-game tiles and offering rewards. The Predict the Winners campaign invites you to select one Manufacturers Cup team and one Nations Cup team that you think will come away from Amsterdam victorious. Getting either one correct will win you a million credits (two million for the pair) and you have until the races start each day to make your choice, so you can even watch qualifying first.

Just watching the streams is enough to earn you rewards in the Viewers Gift campaign. Click on the tiles in the top-right corner of the World Map screen to view the streams each day and you’ll win a special Roulette Ticket to give you an engine reward for Manufacturers Cup and early access to the Toyota Ambulance Himedic for Nations.

You’ll be able to catch the Manufacturers Cup from 1700UTC on Friday August 11, with the Nations Cup starting at 1700UTC on Saturday August 12, and watch out for our dedicated preview articles for both events!

R6Rider

Gold Member
My 2TB SSD arrived today.

Now I can install all my PS5 games without needing to pick and choose so often. GT7 is being installed again tonight lol.

Unknown?

The C1 looks so slick. Not shaby for such an old car. The protective rubber covers on the ambulance seats. "pie_tears_joy: And i was wrong about the Extra Ticket for Corvettes.

i1L8r1KVZivXiz.jpg

i1tHurRFsrewFz.jpg

i1pY8w0hX8Hnmz.jpg

i1ocitntGFTmRb.jpg

That's crazy, I always thought that was a C2...

Unknown?

C2 is 1963-67. One of the sexiest Vette designs IMO.

The even number models 2, 4 ,6 and now 8 to me, are the nicest designs.
Agreed, but that C1 looks nothing like the 54. Always thought the C2 had fixed headlight and popup models. Haha

Also looking at the notes it says engine swap was added to '89 camaro. Hopefully that's a slip they're adding the 3rd gen camaro(and Firebird please!!!) and not a typo.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Agreed, but that C1 looks nothing like the 54. Always thought the C2 had fixed headlight and popup models. Haha

Also looking at the notes it says engine swap was added to '89 camaro. Hopefully that's a slip they're adding the 3rd gen camaro(and Firebird please!!!) and not a typo.
They need to add the IROC Z for sure!

Would like the Grand National (had a worked 87 IRL) and GTA Turbo Trans Am as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom