• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going to a 3 day BDSM/Fetish/Orgy convention this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supast4r

Strange that out of all the people you describe, the only people that you make sure to call out their race is the "black couple". There was no reason to let us know what color they are, as it didn't add anything to your story.
OP is probably not into black women hence why he called them out.

People like OP are the reason why the community is usually so secretive. Everything I've seen of his behavior is fucked up. The only way this could get worse is if he ends up playing with someone and not listening to their safewords or breaks their set limits.

Yeah, as a person who has been involved with the community and has friends who are also involved, the fact that the OP is retelling his tale like Jane Goodall studying out in the wild makes me not feel great about this whole thing.

Hydrus

Day 1 observe, day 2 talk, day 3 sexy time. Easy!

So your gonna wait until the last day when all the decent chicks are tired of banging, go home, and then only the weirdos like you are left? Go bang!! Get drunk if you have too.

Yeah, as a person who has been involved with the community and has friends who are also involved, the fact that the OP is retelling his tale like Jane Goodall studying out in the wild makes me not feel great about this whole thing.

Whats wrong with letting him explore his sexuality and sharing his experiences online? Most of us will never be brave enough to try something like this so living vicariously is the closest we can get. And he has a good writing style to boot.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Day 1 observe, day 2 talk, day 3 sexy time. Easy!
PdtwjEP.jpg

Prove me wrong vehn.

Edit:
OP's in the event taking pictures of other people?
You know, the last one of these I made a post about all the excuses people come up with for the boring endings to these threads that we always get. This is going to be a new one, OP is going to get kicked out for being a jackass.

It only takes ONE asshole to ruin an entire event.

I don't even mind the Jane Goodall part - distasteful but his opinions. Fine.

Snapping a picture of OTHER people without their consent, in an area where you're assumed to have privacy (in terms of photos)? That's basically akin to someone ignoring a safeword or crossing a hard limit to me. Y'all can think this is hyperbole all you want, but this sort of shit is non-consensual and the implication behind doing nonconsensual stuff to other people should be enough to make most of y'all pause and think about whether or not you're cool with nonconsent.

Really, really fucked up. If I knew who he was I'd report him to the event organizers, no hesitation. It's so gross.

100%. This wouldn't fly at any event I attended, OP would get thrown out instantly and would have a reputation in the community. That was absolutely a non-consensual invasion of personal space and privacy.

riotous

Banned
He hasn't snapped a picture though right?

Obviously he's treating the entire thing as a big joke but I think he outright said he wouldn't take pics.

He hasn't snapped a picture though right?

Obviously he's treating the entire thing as a big joke but I think he outright said he wouldn't take pics.

He did. He was rightfully called out and took it down. OP should just go home if he's going to do that. It is absolutely unacceptable. He is not at a zoo and he should not be overstepping that way.

Whats wrong with letting him explore his sexuality and sharing his experiences online? Most of us will never be brave enough to try something like this so living vicariously is the closest we can get. And he has a good writing style to boot.

To me what the OP is doing reeks of the typical "I snuck into a Trump rally - here's what I found out!" kind of attitude. He doesn't seem to have any interest in the BDSM/fetish part of the event itself.

This:
I'm hoping it won't be 100% old people and larger women . . . I mean surely some younger hot chicks have to have some fetishes, and/or want to have sex with strangers, right?

This:
As I continue to meander through the devilry, I spy an older lady topless, with a strapped on dildo. I smile meekly at her as I pass by, not wanting to invite any conversation with her.

This:
While their are several hot chicks per say, they all seem to have partners so far

And then him admitting he snapped a photo (and then editing the post to take that part out) all show to me that the OP is not there to "explore his sexuality" but is there to hopefully find a hot chick to bang, and maybe let him do a little extra kinky stuff as well. And that's not what these events are about - especially if it's your first time at one.

To each his own, though. I know a lot of GAFers are going to follow this thread to see if OP gets laid or not - and that's fine. The OP just makes me uncomfortable because he doesn't seem to care about the rules regarding these events as well as the other people in them - he's just there to get laid.

Unbounded

Yeah, never been to an event like this but I'm pretty sure taking pictures isn't ok.

Edit: No love for the heavier ladies? Don't knock it till ya try it OP.

Nachos

Has there ever been a thread about sexual exploits on this site in which the OP didn't make themselves seem like a dick in at least some way? Taking photos is seriously shitty.

Not

Banned
I feel bad for the actually attractive people who go to these things

It's like 100 people follow you around everywhere wanting to have sex with you while all the ugly people (the majority) just stand around awkwardly and judge you resentfully

They're right about not snapping photos, most people there want to be discreet as they have public facing jobs.

And at bdsm it's not just the attractive ones that get attention, but it's the quality doms who do even if you are ugly. Also consider that people mostly stay within their clique.

Oh man, referring to a St. Andrew's Cross as that thing from Bolton's flag... must be quite a culture shock. I applaud your open-mindedness and sense of adventure, but if you're finding this a bit too much you can head to the munches instead.

pixelation

Sounds horrible honestly... i'm not one to judge but... i would never go there, something tells me that most people there would be old and not that attractive or in that good a shape.

Eh, I think it's a pretty venial sin, but it does kind of rub me the wrong way in some respects. Here's some reasons why:

-There's a lot of writing by kinksters about the scene if you're interested - most notably, we have our very own BDSM thread here on GAF. It doesn't seem to get much use, and rarely by outsiders. Why does this thread get more attention? Because the vicarious experience being sought isn't understanding of how the scene works or how its participants feel about it, but a vicarious gawking at the freaks. There's a way to do a vanilla stranger in a strange land kind of story that works, but this one isn't it.

-The picture taking is pretty bad, for reasons I think everyone here understands, but the attitude behind it is even more worrisome. To put it simply, it's not a mistake you make if you've attempted to have any sort of empathy with the people there. I understand that the rules may not have been explained to him, and there's room for honest error, but if you've given a moment of passing thought to the fact that these people have careers to protect, intolerant family members, and all the rest, that picture taking wouldn't be kosher no matter how outdoors the event was. I'd be inclined to give him more leeway if he showed that he had empathy for anyone else there, but I haven't seen it in any of his writing.

-I hope that his bodyshaming isn't coming out in his demeanor or actions, but ensuring that people of all ages and sizes are comfortable in their own skin is an important part of the community's values.

-But mostly it's that vanilla tourists are an occasional problem for BDSM events. I don't wanna gatekeep at all, and I try to be as welcoming as possible to newbies or just curious outsiders, but there's definitely a type of person that shows up expecting to easily get laid because all the girls there are freaks (it's almost always a straight man) while treating everyone else at the event with disdain. I can't be sure that's what OP is doing, but at the moment he sure is quacking like a duck.

Qasiel

Sounds like he just mentioned it, then removed the mention

He posted a picture of people dancing around a fire during the event. He's taken the picture down now, and edited the post.

Sounds horrible honestly... i'm not one to judge but... i would never go there, something tells me that most people there would be old and not that attractive or in that good a shape.

Sounds to me like you are actually "one to judge"... Each to their own, though.

Cracklox

-The picture taking is pretty bad, for reasons I think everyone here understands, but the attitude behind it is even more worrisome. To put it simply, it's not a mistake you make if you've attempted to have any sort of empathy with the people there. I understand that the rules may not have been explained to him, and there's room for honest error, but if you've given a moment of passing thought to the fact that these people have careers to protect, intolerant family members, and all the rest, that picture taking wouldn't be kosher no matter how outdoors the event was. I'd be inclined to give him more leeway if he showed that he had empathy for anyone else there, but I haven't seen it in any of his writing.

Hmmm. OP did post this earlier, so he seemed clear on the rules

Not allowed to actually. They'll kick you out, no refund. Should be able to bring the phone in just to post and get some hot chicks numbers, we'll see

Surprising amount of weebs in there

Kink scene is nerdy as hell, for whatever reason. I have literally never had a master that wasn't super into Star Trek. Don't even get me started on Gor.

My pet theory is that sensory differences between autistic and autistic adjacent people, and neurotypicals are sometimes the cause of fetishes for e.g. latex, leather, rope and whatnot. Not a strict predictor, obviously, but enough to be noticeable at a population level (it was pretty clearly how it happened to me, anyway).

daffy

Banned
Actually, he did post a photo, but took it down after being called out on it.
Oh didnt know that. Not sure how explicit it was ? op is probably going to post more erotica and at best get a handjob so I'm not surprised

Wait what?
check the website in the op.. nsfw pics but some tasteful bdsm stuff. Blades of grass in my ass is where i draw the line imo unless its like fake grass

ryseing

Really, really fucked up. If I knew who he was I'd report him to the event organizers, no hesitation. It's so gross.

What the OP did with the photos is where the line was crossed. His attitude is gross, whatever, but actually pulling shit like that?

I mean, you totally could. Link this thread and tell them to keep an eye out for a dude driving a Tesla.

Sorry OP, but you aren't coming off super well. Like, if you went into this open minded that'd be one thing but your entire bit has been "I just wanna find a kinky hot chick for easy sex" which is kinda fucked up.

Beeks

No way OP actually drives a Tesla lol. Pretty sure he drives a second hand Ford.

He posted a picture of a Tesla dash screen showing a Google Maps routing to the location of the convention, so either he's a masterful troll that has access to a Tesla to do that, or he's really driving one.

I have embarked upon our great journey, GAF. I plan to first see what the pool area is like, then of course see / smell what the orgy dungeon is like. Stay tuned!
XHuPDSO.jpg

daffy

Banned
When is day 2's update coming up?
This. Op please don't stop posting. We're invested in this now. Honestly i can understand why you may have wanted to post pics given how internet culture demands it in these cases. You made some mistakes, just learn from it and keep up the descriptive updates!

That's what I'm wondering, because as long as faces can't be recognized its really not a big deal. If you could clearly see faces then yeah thats a no-no

I'd still feel violated if you snapped an unidentifiable picture of me fuckin'. It's something that just isn't okay when you don't have consent for it.

99Luffy

Banned
Strange that out of all the people you describe, the only people that you make sure to call out their race is the "black couple". There was no reason to let us know what color they are, as it didn't add anything to your story.
Description is important in stories. Though Im not sure I eanna visualize most of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom