• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Valhalla Is Surprisingly Awesome

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To me it’s outstanding they took kratos and made him a Viking, can we get revolutionary kratos next? Somehow WW2 Pearl Harbor Pilot Kratos sounds exciting.

IMG-3647.jpg

“Imagine kratos with a gun, bro” is what they’re saying in corporate board meetings right now.
avengers loki GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Decided to give NG+ a chance after still finding myself playing valhalla every single day in quick 30 minute runs. And eh, the game just isnt fun without all the perks they give you. At least on the hardest difficulty. The first few missions in svarthelheim and alfheim are kind boring. I see that they allow you to unlock some of the perks from valhalla but its still not enough. valhalla adds so much more in terms of unqiue moves and making you feel OP that is completely missing here. you can spam runic attacks but thats no fun.

its still a great game and my goty of 2022, but i am not a fan of how they nerfed kratos. Valhalla is the perfect balance of being OP without being a glass canon.

Don Carlo

Still in awe how Santa Monica gave this away for free. They could've charged $20 for it and I would've happily paid!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Been busy with a move so I finally got to sit down and play this week.

It's basically Kratos goes to therapy, which is a pretty fun angle. I didn't play as much of the Greek trilogy so it was interesting to me to bridge that gap a bit, too.

I didn't really find it especially challenging until the last boss, which is good as the format could get frustrating if the difficulty walls were too high.

Top Bottom