• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Series Will Be “True to Source Material" Says Amazon Studios Vernon Sanders

They should have started with Kratos as a Spartan commander. Way more potential for a starting point there and then moving into the norse saga
Good point.

It would let us see him get to grips with his newfound power etc...plus it'd be an excuse for some full on Spartan battle scenes.

If they attempt to water down the violence or the scale of the GoW experience, it won't work.

We'll need ridiculously huge bosses that will see Kratos in great battles, and we'll need plenty of blood and guts.

Any attempt to sanitise and ignore the games will backfire.

Umbral

Okish theory, but he's an annoying fuckface in Ragnarök too.

He's just a shitty character that's annoying.

Ragnarök even fucked up the character of Kratos though, he's not much better than a Drax from Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, being excluded from many conversations and only lending grunts to them when he's queried for an opinion. Then characters talking about his actions like he's a fucking dog "OH HE MUST HAVE FOUND A CHEST" just shit that doesn't need to be there.

Ragnarök is through and through written like shit.
I haven’t played it yet and was considering skipping it. Those are harsh words. 2018 was really good, though not genre-defining. I’m surprised it’s that far off if this is true.

nial

Gold Member
Yes, that medium has gotten significantly better over the years and does allow some leeway on cringey writing, then if the writing is actually a little better than expected it's like it's done something fantastic.
Just asking, are you talking about western animation?

jaysius

Banned
I haven’t played it yet and was considering skipping it. Those are harsh words. 2018 was really good, though not genre-defining. I’m surprised it’s that far off if this is true.
Without spoiling anything I can tell you that the pace is pure shit, when you finally feel like you're back in the groove of a good gameplay segment, you're stonewalled by drivel laden overlong cinematic type scenes. I'm slowly playing through it now, I just passed a "FUCK YES THIS GAME IS AMAZING!" into a "oh man this is fucking trash and slow paced again" part.

I'm not sure if they changed things drastically or not, but it feel a fucking lot like they've upped enemies attacking you from behind.

I LOVED GoW 2018, this isn't a good sequel. It's not as shitty as Doom Eternal was to Doom 2016, because mechanically it's all there. Just the pace is fucking trash, at the attempt to build something they think is brilliant, but is very poorly written and really dull. It's all dripping with so much fucking angst and not much else, many characters are very flat now.

If you don't read too many novels or watch good movies/tv shows, have a low expectation for your entertainment, if you love Marvel movies and think they're "brilliant" and "so deep" then ignore everything I've said.

Yea that sounds harsh, but damn they're not giving the voice actors consistently solid material to deliver, which is a fucking shame.

It takes itself too seriously and doesn't deserve to with the level of writing.

I want to love the game, and I do at times, but then it goes right back to rubbing me the wrong way.

Last edited:

skit_data

frasctC.gif

Top Bottom