• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war most likely delayed to 2022

Velius

Banned
Everything is actually for the Playstation 6. Everything announced for the playstation 6 three years from now will actually be for the Playstation 7.

Even if you're too young to have personally experienced the bullshit history of video games you should have the ability to read and, thus, know this principle.

At this point I don't mind if it comes out in 2023 or beyond, just be a finished product with no compromises on the original vision. In that regard, The Last of Us 2 was a success.

Blond

Banned
Ok.

It was never put in 2021 btw.

So we are creating artificial delays now?

J7kW6U4.png
XPUrumU.png
5YAT0Co.png

Last edited:

yurinka

2023 what?
It better be ps5 exclusive if that's the case
Cross gen in 2023 lol
Buy a next gen console in 2020 to play next gen games in 2022.
As I remember their competitor said all their own games were going to be crossgen during the first couple of years, so it wouldn't be too rare.

Sony announced (and released some of them) several next gen only games for the first year, but Ryan mentioned in the 'we believe in generations' interview that they will continue supporting PS4 for during at least 2 or 3 years after the PS5 release, as they did with all their previous consoles. The main reason being that PS4 still has over 100M active users and that in the first couple of years only a small portion of that (maybe 20M?) will upgrade to PS5.

Big AAA publishers also have crossgen (or previous gen) games planned for 2022 or beyond. Some of them announced, some of them don't. Now I remember the leaked date for Street Fighter VI, late 2022 (which considering that always there are delays and now even more with covid, it's fair to expect it for early 2023).

But regarding God of War Ragnarok, we don't know if it's going to be crossgen or not. All we know it's planned to be released on 2021, that his release date is on place with the development time of their previous games, and that anyone saying it will be delayed it's making just a personal guess.

Considering the common covid related delays and the fact they are supply constrained and seems they will continue to be for several months, it's fair to think it may be delayed to 2022. But to think it will be delayed to 2023 doesn't make sense at all considering previous GoW development times.

Last edited:
As I remember their competitor said all their own games were going to be crossgen during the first couple of years, so it wouldn't be too rare.

Sony announced (and released some of them) several next gen only games for the first year, but Ryan mentioned in the 'we believe in generations' interview that they will continue supporting PS4 for during at least 2 or 3 years after the PS5 release, as they did with all their previous consoles. The main reason being that PS4 still has over 100M active users and that in the first couple of years only a small portion of that (maybe 20M?) will upgrade to PS5.

Big AAA publishers also have crossgen (or previous gen) games planned for 2022 or beyond. Some of them announced, some of them don't. Now I remember the leaked date for Street Fighter VI, late 2022 (which considering that always there are delays and now even more with covid, it's fair to expect it for early 2023).

But regarding God of War Ragnarok, we don't know if it's going to be crossgen or not. All we know it's planned to be released on 2021, that his release date is on place with the development time of their previous games, and that anyone saying it will be delayed it's making just a personal guess.

Considering the common covid related delays and the fact they are supply constrained and seems they will continue to be for several months, it's fair to think it may be delayed to 2022. But to think it will be delayed to 2023 doesn't make sense at all considering previous GoW development times.
Yeah delayed to 2022 makes sense but 2023? People are wishing now.

IDappa

Sony tagged on a release date for their games they knew wouldn't release in order to push their console sales and get all the fanboys frothing.

YCoCg

Hopefully these delays means the PS4 versions are cancelled so they can go all out for the PS5 versions.

Iced Arcade

A delay with a 2022 release could be a great thing since it would mean more people would have ps5's by then, thus it being next-gen only.
That literally be the dumbest move a company could do. (Which they are not that dumb)

They are not going to cancel a version of a game if it's already being worked on for the PS4. No matter how large the PS5 userbase grows. Especially since this gen and last gen are not ginormous jumps and easily scalable (which is great for consumers and companies)

RGB'D

I mean it seems like Horizon is tentative for this year (wasn't the first one pushed back until a February or March release too?). No way ragnarok is coming 2021. I would expect mid to late 2022, and maybe even further if HFW gets a large delay. On the plus side, I am getting hyped for returnal and ratchet, just wish they weren't both 70$...

Top Bottom