• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War is now Marvel Cinematic Universe canon

Pelta88

God Of War is mentioned in the Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday special. In a scene where a fan approaches Drax, eager to take a picture but mistakes Drax for The God OF War.

With the millions Marvel pours into their scripts and their method of connecting different Marvel ip by name-dropping in movies, has comic heads theorizing and speculating. I don't think this is insignificant, or a throwaway line of dialogue. And I don't think Kratos is joining the MCU because Disney/Marvel has spent years refining Thor from his Norse, depiction into something unrecognizable.

2n3b2ty6chu71.jpg

But Sony being vocal about turning their most successful IP into movies/tv shows. I think we just got our first hint that Ragnarok is on the horizon.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm sure it's just a coincidence but the Sony Studios intro logo on all their games feels a lot like Marvel. And they're doing Spider Man and Wolverine games. And Sony pushes for concessions with Spider Man in the films so who knows what they got. But yeah, probably just a joke.

Tom Holland would make a great Atreus though.

[/URL]

God Of War is mentioned in the Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday special. In a scene where a fan approaches Drax, eager to take a picture but mistakes Drax for The God OF War.

With the millions Marvel pours into their scripts and their method of connecting different Marvel ip by name-dropping in movies, has comic heads theorizing and speculating. I don't think this is insignificant, or a throwaway line of dialogue. And I don't think Kratos is joining the MCU because Disney/Marvel has spent years refining Thor from his Norse, depiction into something unrecognizable.

2n3b2ty6chu71.jpg

But Sony being vocal about turning their most successful IP into movies/tv shows. I think we just got our first hint that Ragnarok is on the horizon.

OFTLG… talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. It literally doesn’t mean anything that you are saying. Lol

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It’s just an Easter egg, MCU fandom needs to wake up.
It's an easter egg but I bet it was negotiated. Sony Pictures is famous for doing more in-movie advertising than usual; noteworthy in Ghostbusters 2016 and most Adam Sandler movies. Definitely very focused on mainstream marketing with the Lebron commercial as well.

It's smart I guess. Not a fan of in movie ads though.

graywolf323

what is with news sites (and fans to an extent) acting like easter eggs now mean things are canon instead of what they've always been which is easter eggs and just little nods & winks to fans which otherwise mean absolutely nothing

ManaByte

Gold Member
what is with news sites (and fans to an extent) acting like easter eggs now mean things are canon instead of what they've always been which is easter eggs and just little nods & winks to fans which otherwise mean absolutely nothing
Clickbait.

Last edited:

baphomet

It's not even an easter egg. It's a joke in a franchise that is entirely about making references to things everyone knows.

sainraja

I mean, I am more surprised by the people that are bothered **even if** slightly by the idea that there is some connection of God of War with Marvel, that someone else here is possibly thinking there might be more to it, it being canon or whatever. Hell, it is....canon in the sense that God of War the game, exists in their universe so relax ya'all. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom