• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony releases new trailer for new PlayStation+CASETiFY collaboration product: Phone cases featuring God of War Ragnarock themes.

https://onemoregame.ph/god-of-war-ragnarok-casetify-phone-case-collab/

god-of-war-ragnarok-castify-phone-gyung-studio.jpg

The collection will feature 4 designs based on illustrations from Asia-based artists that have had their works featured in day-to-day webcomic, traditional-inspired artwork, graffiti style, and blockbuster comic series.

The first God of War Ragnarok design is from Lee Kyu Young, also known as Gyung Studio on Instagram, which features a light-hearted take on the father and son duo.

This collaboration project is unique and challenging for me as I had never worked on video-game related illustration before. Moreover, God of War’s theme is very different from my own drawing style and theme.
As I’ve researched for stories and references from God of War (2018) game, the relationship between the father and son came to my attention first, and I thought it was more like a family story, which is relatable to everyone. As a result, I thought it would be nice to highlight Kratos and Atreus relationship by drawing the two of them in my own light-hearted style as they are preparing to battle together against their adversities.
god-of-war-ragnarok-castify-phone-chien-chih-kang.jpg

Next up is James Khoo Fuk-lung from Hong Kong, a popular and iconic Hong Kong comic artist and illustrator. His God of War Ragnarok design features striking visual elements and color that is both fierce and attractive.

As a gamer myself, I have played games on PlayStation consoles for leisure while sometimes my gaming experience did inspire me for my comic creation. This is the first time I created artwork for characters from video games, so I am very excited and challenged by this collaboration.
As I’ve learned more about God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarök, I decided to set the artwork theme to represent the solidarity between Kratos and Atreus in combat, as well as the unity power of Father and Son, reflected in drawing with my comic visual style.
god-of-war-ragnarok-castify-phone-james-khoo-fuk-lung.jpg

Lastly, our very own Jappy Agoncillo, who is a muralist and illustrator from the Philippines, with works known for an amalgamation of various interests and experiences, resulting in pieces that are heavily layered, rich with vibrant color and detail, and eager to tell a story.

“The artwork is heavily inspired by the myths that gave rise to not only the recent God of War games, but its predecessors as well. I wanted a piece that was packed full of easter eggs and story details, just as rich as the storytelling is from ancient Greek and Norse Mythology.
I used the myths as a basis for the elements included, like Jormungandr wrapping itself around the artwork just as the myths suggest it wraps itself around the world, Skoll and Hati teasing the beginning of Ragnarok, the flames of Muspelheim and the ice of Fimbulwinter – a call to how the Norse world began and how it will eventually end.
What I wanted for the artwork is not only to showcase the growth and relationship of our main protagonists, but also where they come from, what they’ve been through, and what lies ahead.

god-of-war-ragnarok-castify-phone-case-banner.jpg

That was barely a trailer honestly, but then again you can't really do that much production for phone cases.

No prices have been announced yet, but it's likely they will retail for $70+ tax based on current trends.

Also did they shoot the trailer in the sewers? is that a popular location for shooting commercials in Hong Kong? Also they gave us 3 designers but they are marketing 4 phone cases?

kiphalfton

Is using Asians to advertise "stuff that isn't actually cool, but let's pretend like it is" a new thing?

This looks cringe as hell.

But I'm sure all those dorks who refer to their son as "boy" (seen a couple on neogaf), will eat this up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom