• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War - Features | PC

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wonder if they will let you widen the FOV
Falling In Love Romance GIF by HBO Max

drotahorror

Best game ever made.

Just plat'd on PS5, not sure I would do that all again any time soon. But definitely want the PC version eventually.

My hope is to be able to play this with gyro controls, felt like a given when launched on the PS4 but fuck gyro aiming I guess. So since they didn't do it I'll add in gyro aiming myself if I can

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
How dare they make a Sony product work with a Sony product.

#4theplayers
Sounds like you’ve missed the logic and reason, think about it for a minute.

Sony has deemed it not worth their time and money to spend their OS dev time on PS4 to satisfy a tiny amount of people when PS5 needs it more, and SSM porting a game to PC is a worthwhile business venture that due to the nature of the platform they’re porting to can have DS5 support with little effort.

Different teams, different projects, vastly different user benefits, vastly different outcomes.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Does the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback work on pc? If so its a instant buy for me, can't wait to replay it at 4k with high fps.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Does the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback work on pc? If so its a instant buy for me, can't wait to replay it at 4k with high fps.
I think it does in few games.
But you need to play with a cable ?
I think it would be strange to have dualsense support on pc but not on ps5

Turk1993

I think it does in few games.
But you need to play with a cable ?
I think it would be strange to have dualsense support on pc but not on ps5
Cable or not if it works than im more than happy!

Turk1993

Theres nothing stopping them from doing it and it supports dualsense but they would have to do the haptics from scratch since ps5 version doenst support Dualsense features

Nice i might grab a dualsense controller then and hopefully more pc game support incoming. Last week tried it at my cousins home and was surprised how good it felt and how the haptics worked. Astrobot was one of the best showcase for a controller i have ever tried.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nice i might grab a dualsense controller then and hopefully more pc game support incoming. Last week tried it at my cousins home and was surprised how good it felt and how the haptics worked. Astrobot was one of the best showcase for a controller i have ever tried.
I wish they just released a damn wireless dongle for it on pc. Why not ?!
I just sold my xbox one controller with that huge ass dongle... Will get series controller with upgraded smaller dongle huh

Turk1993

I just sold my xbox one controller with that huge ass dongle... Will get series controller with upgraded smaller dongle huh
I have the small xbox controller dongle and it works really well, hope Sony releases something similar for dualsense. Or make it work with BT atleast so we can get some wireless connection on pc.

mrcroket

Okey GPU requirements are pretty high for a ps4 game but... Nobody are shocked about a PS4 game that works in a shitty jaguar cpu demanding a 3950X CPU for ultra quality?? This CPU is more than double powerful that the PS5 CPU,

Larxia

Wonder if they will let you widen the FOV
I hope so too. That's the biggest issue I have with the original game from what I've seen of it, I really hate when games have such a low fov where you can only see your character above the waist, especially when you have combats like here. Mass Effect for example is unplayable for me without a fov mod.
Well like I just said, it's not even about trying to get an insane fov or anything, just something decent where you can see most of your character, the original feels too zoomed in.

Hezekiah

Banned

I have the small xbox controller dongle and it works really well, hope Sony releases something similar for dualsense. Or make it work with BT atleast so we can get some wireless connection on pc.
I don't mind using a USB-cable when gaming on my PC. With the DualSense though, will the battery capacity be affected by constant charging, or is there software to control this?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just noticed.... 1060 is old gen base performance (1080p30).
So you need to spend 400-500usd for 1060 ALONE, to get an old gen performance on pc... or get ps5 for that price lol

Turk1993

I don't mind using a USB-cable when gaming on my PC. With the DualSense though, will the battery capacity be affected by constant charging, or is there software to control this?
Im also curious about the constant charging thing thru the cable.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully those PC specs are overstated AF. There's no way you need an RX 580 and a Ryzen CPU with an SSD for PS4 performance.
Seems devs have been drinking too much at the job instead of coding properly

This seems to be a trend for PC devs, looking at you halo infinite.

GreatnessRD

I just noticed.... 1060 is old gen base performance (1080p30).
So you need to spend 400-500usd for 1060 ALONE, to get an old gen performance on pc... or get ps5 for that price lol
I hope people have stopped being retarded with paying $400-$500 for a 1060 (3 or 6GB) card from 2016.

Fake

Sounds like you’ve missed the logic and reason, think about it for a minute.

Sony has deemed it not worth their time and money to spend their OS dev time on PS4 to satisfy a tiny amount of people when PS5 needs it more, and SSM porting a game to PC is a worthwhile business venture that due to the nature of the platform they’re porting to can have DS5 support with little effort.

Different teams, different projects, vastly different user benefits, vastly different outcomes.

There is no logic when money is involved.

Do you know Microsoft add support for Xbox that accept all their joystick to the entire Xbox system (Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X)?
I can use Xbox Series X controller on Xbox One.
Shocking, I know.

Its. All. About. Money. Fuck the costumers. They can do it, they just don't want.

Soodanim

Gold Member
There is no logic when money is involved.

Do you know Microsoft add support for Xbox that accept all their joystick to the entire Xbox system (Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X)?
I can use Xbox Series X controller on Xbox One.
Shocking, I know.

Its. All. About. Money. Fuck the costumers. They can do it, they just don't want.
You’re not wrong, anything they say only applies as long as they think it benefits the shareholders. If not, fuck everyone.

Microsoft are absolutely better at support, for whatever reason, and it helps that their controller this gen didn’t have anything added and was more superficial changes than internal.

Top Bottom