• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war and Horizon Zero Dawn TV shows coming

So who plays Kratos
FNRsK7ZXwAIIMKQ.jpg

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
And One Punch Man (Live Action)

Seems they are going big on both gaming and anime live action adaptations

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Honestly I dont think God of War has a chance. The story is much more paper thin than you would think from the reception the games get. Whether its the OG games or the new ones, I cant see it working watching angry Kratos or dad Kratos. Best case scenario is just seeing some sick action scenes with cool choreography. Witcher season 1 had a couple genuinely cool fights. That's the best case scenario here.

Surprisingly, I think Horizon has some minimal potential. The 1st game has some cool story elements that could maybe work for a bit. Maybe.

Ozzie666

We can only hope it's done to the same standards as Last of us, even with it's shortcomings. It was pretty well done and honored the sourced material.

I might add Twisted Metal surpassed any expecations I had and I enjoyed it.

Just please be better than Halo. please.

Audiophile

Gold Member
God Of War; starring Mark Wahlberg as Kratos & Tom Holland as Atreus.

Horizon Zero Dawn; starring Hunter Schafer as Aloy & Mark Wahlberg as Errend.

In addition -- and distributed by Sony Pictures, The Legend Of Zelda; also starring Tom Holland as Link & Tom Holland in a dress as Princess Zelda.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can see why Sony would give it a shot, but GOW and Horizon aren't as well-written as TLOU. Not in my opinion, anyway.

Amy Shumer Jada Pinkett Smith as Aloy.
first of all, keep her name outcho damn mouth

Or they just cast the actress Aloy is based on..
Do you realize how huge a budget they would need to make the pretty actress Aloy is "based" on look like the ugly in-game character? Just the freckle painting team's budget alone would balloon the whole project out of control. Rather than hiring that actress and adding the cost to make her not look like herself, it would be more economic to just hire someone who doesn't look like her to begin with

Melfice7

Horizon has the setting to be a good show if done well , God of War has no chance of being good.

Both will end up being trash because they will no doubt focus on all the wrong things

El Muerto

Netflix. They're going to sexualize the characters and make them all gay, then change their race. Just like in Castlevania and Captain Laserhawk.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
When I was playing Horizon: Zero Dawn, I kept thinking that the game would make for a great TV show if they cut out Aloy and focused on a new character, or on a slightly reimagined Sylens, since he was easily the best character in the game. It will be really disappointing to see Sylens played by someone other than Lance Reddick.

Top Bottom