• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director Provides New Update on Upcoming Movie

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to IGN in a recent interview, Stahelski said that he and the team working on Ghost of Tsushima are trying their best to make sure that it closely resembles the source material. Stahelski even acknowledged that many video game movies in the past haven't turned out well, and he definitely doesn't want that to be the case with Ghost of Tsushima. "We just want to do it right. You know how video game adaptions can go. So we're taking our time and doing it right," he explained. "We're working very closely with the game developers to make sure we stick to what's great about it."

Stahelski went on to explain that at this point in time, Ghost of Tsushima is still in the process of having its script written. Furthermore, he didn't commit to any specific actors being involved with the movie. When asked if Daisuke Tsuji, who portrayed the main protagonist, Jin Sakai, in the video game could potentially come back in the movie, Stahelski said that they still haven't gotten far enough into this process to begin making casting decisions.

tommib

Kurosawa is dead. I wish them all the best but I doubt they'll find a proper director for this kind of material. The game is so good and zen and no-nonsense. They'll pull a Disney and turn this into a shallow action-flick like Mulan. Hopefully I'm very wrong.

Kurosawa is dead. I wish them all the best but I doubt they'll find a proper director for this kind of material. The game is so good and zen and no-nonsense. They'll pull a Disney and turn this into a shallow action-flick like Mulan. Hopefully I'm very wrong.

This is one of those things that just don’t work….like uncharted, it was supposed to be the big blockbuster Indiana jones/national treasure of gaming, then they turn it into a movie and its just another dumb action movie.

Same thing will happen here. It’s an ode to Kurosawa, now anything they do film wise is gonna feel like a cheap knock off, especially if its in english. The closest thing to Kurosawa was 13 assassins, they should get that director.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Stahelski is a great action director. But a historical period piece with large scale battles is a new challenge for him. And everyone would have to be Japanese and hopefully not be speaking English.

It has potential but is definitely not a sure thing yet. It will be hard to convince the audience that someone transitioned from samurai to ninja in 2 hrs. I thought that transition and the training was rushed even in the game.

And sad truth but in terms of the characters and the story, its not actually that great in the game. The game shined for its combat, natural beauty and graphics.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The film adaptation of Sucker Punch’s action adventure game will be written by Takashi Doscher, Deadline reports.

Doscher previously wrote and directed sci-fi romance Only, starring Freida Pinto and Leslie Odom Jr, thriller Still, starring Madeline Brewer, and the ESPN documentary A Fighting Chance.

Zeroing

Chris Pratt as Jin Sakai confirmed.
As long as I can see his butt I can’t complain… lol

But seriously now, I hope they focus more on the story and have action set pieces that are well made! You do not need a movie that revolves around action non stop.

Knowing Hollywood I am sure they will mess it up! Tarantino would be a good choice since he knows how to mesh action with good storytelling!

What’s interesting is movies in Hollywood are becoming more gamey like and games are becoming more like art.

Ignore me I need my coffee I barely waken up.

Zeroing

The film adaptation of Sucker Punch’s action adventure game will be written by Takashi Doscher, Deadline reports.

Doscher previously wrote and directed sci-fi romance Only, starring Freida Pinto and Leslie Odom Jr, thriller Still, starring Madeline Brewer, and the ESPN documentary A Fighting Chance.
Hmm there’s a change the movie might be good!

Top Bottom