• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gerudo Town and its diversity in age, body type, and skin is great (BOTW SPOILERS)

Alienous

I did really like how the Gerudo were represented. My only disappointment was that they didn't address the missing Gerudo males - I was really interested in seeing how the world would react to that post-OOT. Like a sub-plot where you find out they are jailed at birth, maybe meet a young Male Gerudo, and have an arc where you convince the Gerudo not to punish others for Ganondorf's crimes. Something that shows the impact of having the greatest evil to befall the world originating as one of your people.

I was a bit surprised to see Nintendo take a focus with skin color. Hylians, Rito, Zora, and even the Goron come in different colors. Overall it's a pretty diverse cast.
I did really like how the Gerudo were represented. My only disappointment was that they didn't address the missing Gerudo males - I was really interested in seeing how the world would react to that post-OOT. Like a sub-plot where you find out they are jailed at birth, maybe meet a young Male Gerudo, and have an arc where you convince the Gerudo not to punish others for Ganondorf's crimes. Something that shows the impact of having the greatest evil to befall the world originating as one of your people.
They do talk about the lack of males in their tribe. Additionally
Orbosa mentions satisfaction in getting revenge on Ganon for once being a Gerudo in his past life

Still don't like how Gerudo are considered almost a separate race.

Like let's have a representative of the rock people, bird people, fish people and then these brown women.

In their defense, so were the Kokiri. They were just kids who stayed kids, right? The Gerudo are at the very least culturally, linguistically, organizationally, and geographically distinct, nevermind their interesting biological quirk of almost exclusively birthing women, and apparently being able to mate with any of the other races of Hyrule. Is their recognition through a representative champion and a divine beast really offensive?

Top Bottom