• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Still have 50 wishes left.
I'm now considering Alhaitham C1.

Scared Puppet GIF by Gerbert!
If you like him, why not. C1 is a pretty nice QoL buff by the looks of it. I can't finish a damn combo with him without getting staggered though, so I wouldn't know.

New worm boss is annoying, but surprisingly not as annoying as the Chasm one. No gadget required to stun him, and he feels like he's underground less in general. Not saying I LIKE it, but there's been worse. My Childe team wrecks him in a minute or two. The arena with the shifting sands and camera zooming in and out is pretty cool. Gives it more of an epic feel instead of "normal enemy but bigger".

Also, I'm a huge fan of the elemental infused animals. Snakes/Scorps/etc. They are quite a bit more difficult than the overworld fodder, have mechanics you can abuse to speed up the fight or you can just brute force them and have it take longer. I'd like to see more of that type of encounter in future overworlds. Common enough, but not overly common, actually makes you think a bit.

New caves area is fantastic. They put those stamina flowers everywhere, and quite a few fun traps that actually caught me unaware. One in particular while I was following a Seelie. I haven't explored too much, but I did spend some time down there to find some of Alhaitham's bug eggs for his ascension. I'm really excited to do Jeht's quest, but I'm gonna wait until I have more time to play. Overall impressions are good for the new area from me though. It's like a mix of Chasm with the existing desert, but that's not a bad thing.

*edit*

Dehya's range, with comparisons to other characters:
For range reference:

• E area 10, same as Ganyu Q
  • E coordinate attack 4.5, same as Ayaka E
  • Q area 6.5, a bit bigger than Bennett Q at 6
  • Q punch length 7.8x5, a bit longer than Itto charge attack during burst at 7x5

E = elemental skill, Q = elemental burst.

So the range sounds "alright". I was hoping for more like Albedo's elemental skill for her elemental skill default range, but at least you can reposition it.

Last edited:

crumbs

So when can we summon for Matriarch Babel?

Crushing I Love You GIF by MOODMAN
It's funny how they nerfed Rosaria, but these new Eremite ladies get very healthy assets.

Looks aside, the new dendro eremite chakram user's kit would have been an interesting basis for a playable character, but I guess throwing radishes around is cool, too.

Pejo

It's funny how they nerfed Rosaria
3lPfa0n.gif

Looks aside, the new dendro eremite chakram user's kit would have been an interesting basis for a playable character, but I guess throwing radishes around is cool, too.
My copium with that is that Jeht will eventually get a playable model at the tail end of Sumeru. Either her or Rana, who was confirmed to have gotten a Vision. But I'd rather have a playable Eremite. It'd be cool if she was Catalyst and used a Chakram in her attacks.

crumbs

My copium with that is that Jeht will eventually get a playable model at the tail end of Sumeru. Either her or Rana, who was confirmed to have gotten a Vision. But I'd rather have a playable Eremite. It'd be cool if she was Catalyst and used a Chakram in her attacks.
Says a lot about the writing in this game when quest NPCs have better stories and character development than most of the recent 4 star playable characters.

Fuz

Banned
Still have 50 wishes left.
I'm now considering Alhaitham C1.

Scared Puppet GIF by Gerbert!
Don't.

Alhaitham is a complete unit at C0 and has relatively underwhelming Constellations for a recent 5-star character. It is recommended to either go for C0 or C6. No intermediate Constellations are really worth their cost.

So when can we summon for Matriarch Babel?

Crushing I Love You GIF by MOODMAN
Matriarch Babe.
UHiZV.gif

One in particular while I was following a Seelie.
Ditto. Also, there's a fake wall down there but didn't find a way to open it.
Scara was a good investment, his flying cuts annoying climbing quite a lot in the new zone.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Scrub time.

How do I create the chisel-mirrors with Alhaitham? Just the ele skill? Then how the hell can he have 3?
scratch.gif

crumbs

Scrub time.

How do I create the chisel-mirrors with Alhaitham? Just the ele skill? Then how the hell can he have 3?
scratch.gif
HIs first ascension passive allows him to create a mirror after using his charged attack.

Edit: Apparently he will also create a mirror with a plunging attack as well.

Last edited:
Scrub time.

scratch.gif
Start with burst, which immediately creates 3 mirrors. Normal attacks until mirrors are gone. Use elemental ability to teleport into the air and plunge attack to refill mirrors. Charged attack can also create one mirror.

This only works with all passives unlocked I believe.

Fake

Charge attacks can create crystals, but be careful because you get infusion in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

Just an everyday normal post on reddit:

tXbreIK.jpg

He says he was just joking. Jury is still out on that.

60 upvotes for this post.
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

I'm not at that level but i'm still waiting too, what happened with the leakers? they are very shy with this beta.

Saber

Gold Member
Just an everyday normal post on reddit:

tXbreIK.jpg

He says he was just joking. Jury is still out on that.

60 upvotes for this post.

The worse thing about internet is that people who shouldn't be typing are typing. Best of all, if it backfires just say its a joke.
What a retard.

Last edited:

Dregnel

My only problem with the characters with claymores is their charged attack, I don't see that it is of any use, at least with the spear ones you can pass through shields, with the escaramouche ones you interrupt enemies.
I think they should have given her a unique charged attack,If I'm not wrong we don't have any character that uses claymore with a unique charged attack animation.

Pejo

we don't have any character that uses claymore with a unique charged attack animation.
Isn't that Itto's whole thing?

But I agree. The claymore CAs are boring, animation lock you, and don't do any considerable damage. I'd rather it was a big single ground smash than a spin or flurry. The only Claymore I use them on is Noelle when I use her as a healer, since it does rapid hits and works well for that purpose. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually used Noelle though.

Dregnel

But I agree. The claymore CAs are boring, animation lock you, and don't do any considerable damage. I'd rather it was a big single ground smash than a spin or flurry. The only Claymore I use them on is Noelle when I use her as a healer, since it does rapid hits and works well for that purpose. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually used Noelle though.
oh i didn't know, my itto is lv 1, I have never tried to play with him and i forgot that i had him.

Saber

Gold Member

Outside of a very few claynore users like Noelle or Itto, charge attacks in general are pretty much useless. Noelle works well because of her burst in conjuction with her skill being a shield.

And as much as I agree with you(I was thinking the same about they having a powerfull single strike in charge attack), I think the problem seems to run deeper. The way the game is structured, charged attacks are rather too costy or useless unless they make a specific mechanic out of them.

Ningguang is a clear example of this. Her mechanic resolves around charges, but even so its not as great as it should be since in combat you are expected to be moving and to not be in the line of enemies attacks. Also note that while her charge does not consume stamina when you have full shards, stamina is still required to use charge attacks. Meaning that you can't use her charge with 0 stamina.

My suggestion would make like charge attack as some kind of heavy attack instead and eliminate stamina consuption, balance if necessary.

deanote666

It does exist!

Haven't done dendro dude's trial yet.

On my guaranteed 5*. Debating if I want to save to get Yelan C2 (C1 currently) or see if dendro dude is worth getting.

Not sure I want to support the nerf without constellation route they're going with dendro dude and Dehya

BJK

Coming up on second pity, realizing I can target Yelan, Deyha…or wait for a character I want to C6 some day (mainly the Archons)?

My desire not to spend time with Fandango (or whatever Scaramouche is calling himself these days) has left me a bit behind in the story mode….but I’ll catch up eventually. Alhaitham was an option for gems, but his personality disinterests me. Yelan is a tough sell despite liking the character; tough to justify targeting another 5* bow user (Venti, Ganyu, Childe, & Yoimiya already, and will likely get Tighnari off standard banner eventually). Likewise, liking Dehya isn’t enough to justify her over the 5* fire claymore I will C6 in the long run without trying…unless she does something special.

Cyno and Albedo seem unnecessary. There's certainly more deserving reruns out there.

Think I'll try to save a little for Nilou since I'm so invested in dendro with Nahida. I think she's unlock a pretty fun alternate play style. Good that she's not coming too soon. Gotta start thinking about saving up for Fontaine too.

Fake

Cyno and Albedo seem unnecessary. There's certainly more deserving reruns out there.

Think I'll try to save a little for Nilou since I'm so invested in dendro with Nahida. I think she's unlock a pretty fun alternate play style. Good that she's not coming too soon. Gotta start thinking about saving up for Fontaine too.

Agree. Cyno was already a so close banner.

Pejo

Coming up on second pity, realizing I can target Yelan, Deyha…or wait for a character I want to C6 some day (mainly the Archons)?

My desire not to spend time with Fandango (or whatever Scaramouche is calling himself these days) has left me a bit behind in the story mode….but I’ll catch up eventually. Alhaitham was an option for gems, but his personality disinterests me. Yelan is a tough sell despite liking the character; tough to justify targeting another 5* bow user (Venti, Ganyu, Childe, & Yoimiya already, and will likely get Tighnari off standard banner eventually). Likewise, liking Dehya isn’t enough to justify her over the 5* fire claymore I will C6 in the long run without trying…unless she does something special.
No shame in saving until there's something you really want. Yelan is really good, and doesn't really play like a bow character, but I understand not wanting to load up on too many of one option. My favorite thing about her is the running skill.

Cyno is completely unnecessary. Keqing does just about as good in the same compositions and doesn't have any of his drawbacks. He just looks cool in Anubis mode.

Albedo would be a top tier off-field character if his flower didn't get utterly annihilated by an enemy lightly walking past it, at least in boss/harder content. Shame they haven't buffed Geo construct durability yet. As it is, he's fine in the overworld but does anyone need strong characters in the overworld anymore?

Bountiful core teams are fun, but kinda get old quickly. Really great for that mythical "large group of quickly spawning enemies" situation that never actually happens in the real game outside of events/abyss/character trials though. I wish MHY would create more situations where we get those fast spawning group mobs because they seem to balance the characters for that exact situation. Most of the time, the setup isn't worth it since everything will be near death by the time the cores have started popping out, and it struggles on single targets since you can only produce so many cores per target.

Me personally, I'm hoping they make Dehya workable. Regardless of strength and the stupid damage sharing mechanic, I've been wanting an off-field Pyro for a while now, and I like everything about her outside of the numbers and constellations. I don't see much to be excited about for Fontaine or beyond, at this point.

Pejo

So apparently Dehya's burst can be 6 hits if you press nothing, and 10 hits if you mash attack during. Not sure why you would not want to mash attack, but there's an option for some reason.

Also, the internal cooldown on her Pyro application is... slow. Looks like one proc per normal attack combo for Dehya herself.

Leakers are fucking terrible at trying to provide footage that actually matters.

*edit*

neat.

xtwyrfpnazca1.png

*edit*

Better video to see how her kit works in practice:

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
So apparently Dehya's burst can be 6 hits if you press nothing, and 10 hits if you mash attack during. Not sure why you would not want to mash attack, but there's an option for some reason.

Also, the internal cooldown on her Pyro application is... slow. Looks like one proc per normal attack combo for Dehya herself.

Leakers are fucking terrible at trying to provide footage that actually matters.

*edit*

neat.

xtwyrfpnazca1.png

*edit*

Better video to see how her kit works in practice:

The skill application is pretty terrible. Doesn't even compare to Fichl, what a shame.

Last edited:

Pejo

The skill application is pretty terrible. Doesn't even compared to Fichil, what a shame.
Yea and like their recent trend, the application doesn't work on shielded enemies at all, like Shogun/Albedo.

Fucking stupid. Can be seen at the end of this one.

I didn't know people were hoping for/expecting fates from quests. I mean, I'm happy to get 20 wishes but it wasn't high on my list or anything.

More aspects of Dehya's kit suck. When you think things couldn't get worse. Every new bit of info is another disappointment. I hope MHY is reading this thread and taking notes. Throw it all out the window and start over.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Been roaming the desert unlocking way points and I've yet to come across Alhaitham's ascension materials.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Last edited:

crumbs

Been roaming the desert unlocking way points and I've yet to come across Alhaitham's ascension materials.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF
There's a lot of greasy pupas in the tunnels around the new boss, which is somewhat convenient since you need to farm the boss for Alhaitham anyway.

Edit: I should clarify, there still some on the surface, usually near areas where the wenut will attack. Probably best to check the interactive map.

Last edited:
Top Bottom