• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Dregnel

Updated image with cooldowns/costs

dehya.png

*edit*

20 second cooldown on her skill. For FUCKS sake MHY. Her skill has a longer cooldown than her burst. God damn it's like they don't actually play the game they make.
BxPlnp0.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
Those cooldowns confuse me. How can you do her E twice if the duration is shorter than the cooldown? Does that mean it can only happen after her burst? Her burst state lasts only 4 seconds? Sounds incomplete and/or bad.
I'm guessing it works like Fischl's reposition of Oz. Like after the global cooldown of 1 second or whatever, you can use her skill button again 1 time within that 20 seconds to reposition the field.

*edit*

SO now her C6 makes more sense. They made her Burst duration 4 seconds so you can't do shit with it. With C6 you get an extra 2 seconds which makes it line up with Shogun/Eula's bursts. (7 seconds)

One of the clearest cut examples yet of "Design a kit, strip parts out, and sell it as constellations".

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah...that 20 seconds cooldown is hard to digest.
Wonder if Sacrifical is cool on her...urgh.

edit: Does anybody knows her ascention attribute?

Those cooldowns confuse me. How can you do her E twice if the duration is shorter than the cooldown? Does that mean it can only happen after her burst? Her burst state lasts only 4 seconds? Sounds incomplete and/or bad.

I'm gonna bet that her skill acts in the same principle of Diluc...I think.
Once you use her 1-skill part and its on the effect of the skill area, her 2-skill part can be activated. Once the first part ends its duration, it enters a cooldown.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
That seems to be what it says. Tosses her sword aside and goes "Spartan Rage" mode.
Not a fan, tbh.

Don't even like Itto switching weapon. One of the reasons why I didn't fall for his weapon banner.

Last edited:

Fake

Is like every fucking new character will have enormous cooldown?

Forcing people into sacrifical stuff.

edit:

new enemy
n3e2tz6sdfca1.png

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Not a fan, tbh.

Don't even like Itto switching weapon.
We just had Cyno who also abandons his weapon and starts fist fighting. I don't have any of the fist fight characters so it's cool for me, but can see how others would find it dull at this point. If you have a cool weapon for your guy and it just goes away, that looks kinda stupid too.

But man, it really looks like they're doing her dirty with this kit. The biggest culprit would have to be the ginormous cooldowns. If Nahida can have 100% up time (for both E and burst), and Shogun (E), and Yelan (burst), then why not Dehya? What is the logic here? Is it because pyro is seen as a stronger element? It don't make no sense. Maybe she's better in practice than on paper (I know some people thought Cyno's burst was too long for comfy rotations), but man they're cramping my style with these descriptions.

Last edited:

Fake

IDK if you guys ever played LOL, but long time ago when I played there was a character that throw his axe into his target and the axe fall into the ground, if you go get the axe his cooldown would be reduce.

IMO would be a better approach to Deyha because there was no moment in her entire interaction with the Traveler that she want to fight without Claymore?

I can't see her doing punches, unless she scratch like Razor? Or instead of giving up the Claymore would be better she get more attack speed when use burst, so maybe making people not giving up Claymore.

What the fucking point of doing Claymore if you gonna admit every fucking time Claymore is slow?

Fuz

Banned
But man, it really looks like they're doing her dirty with this kit. The biggest culprit would have to be the ginormous cooldowns. If Nahida can have 100% up time (for both E and burst), and Shogun (E), and Yelan (burst), then why not Dehya? What is the logic here? Is it because pyro is seen as a stronger element?
It's becaue that she'll sell on account of her skin only.

Pejo

Gold Member
We just had Cyno who also abandons his weapon and starts fist fighting. I don't have any of the fist fight characters so it's cool for me, but can see how others would find it dull at this point. If you have a cool weapon for your guy and it just goes away, that looks kinda stupid too.
Well, her burst is only 4 seconds long by default, so it's more like a few punches before a big splash damage. Kinda like an abbreviated version of how Eula's burst works. So you're talking what, 5-6 attacks at most without her claymore? That doesn't bother me as much as the cooldown and energy issues.
IDK if you guys ever played LOL, but long time ago when I played there was a character that throw his axe into his target and the axe fall into the ground, if you go get the axe his cooldown would be reduce.

IMO would be a better approach to Deyha because there was no moment in her entire interaction with the Traveler that she want to fight without Claymore?
I like that idea a lot. Certainly better than 20 seconds of just "guess I'll fuck off" if the enemy moves out of the circle twice. I guess part of it depends on how big the circle is. If it's roughly Nahida's dome's size or Albedo's skill size, then fine. If it's Kokomi's jellyfish pulse size, it sucks. Also, I hope it's not considered a construct so that bosses fart on it and it breaks. It better just as well be immune to damage, if it's this restrictive.
I can't see her doing punches, unless she scratch like Razor? Or instead of giving up the Claymore would be better she get more attack speed when use burst, so maybe making people not giving up Claymore.
I'm still fairly confident that MHY can make cool looking animations. I'm in a "wait and see" situation with how it looks.
What the fucking point of doing Claymore if you gonna admit every fucking time Claymore is slow?
My issue is that Claymore barely does more damage than other types. If it's gonna be slow, make the numbers suitably big. Unfortunately that's decided by the character moveset damage %s instead of the weapon type.
It's becaue that she'll sell on account of her skin only.
Sad and true. Let's be honest though, the design and the kit could still suck ass and you'd have morons like reddit that are frothing over whatever (next product) is. It's practically fashionable over there to just shut off your brain and type shit like "omg i'm literally crying now".
Seems to fre**king GODlike!!
Has potential for sure. I liked the old leak description that says she warps around the battlefield and slashes a bit more, but I guess this makes more sense if she stabs her weapon into the ground. Regardless, I think MHY will make it look visually cool. 4 seconds is a total bummer though.

Overall, after milling her kit around in my head for part of the morning, I'm "ok" with how it sounds right now. Could be better, could be a LOT worse. She'll pair up really well with Hydro carry dps, unsurprising giving she releases a few patches before Fontaine. I don't think you'll be able to make her work as a main DPS, but Sub-DPS like Shogun I could see. The knockback resist is great, but if you're aiming for that specifically, it's gonna be a hard sell to use Dehya over Zhongli or any other shield character. It feels like there's something still missing about her.

A lot of what I still have left to wonder about isn't going to be addressed until gameplay leaks. Hopefully they come pretty quickly, because I'm still really interested in her.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I'm sincerelly indiferent about her burst. While I can totally see that working(I use Heizou, so I have no problem at all), I'm just not sure how things will play until we see gameplay leaks. As I mentioned, sounds good on paper. I need to see the real thing to see hows this gonna work, since 20 seconds cooldown is lot, specially for certain cases(like Spyral). For me, if her burst at least applies pyro in some nice frequency, all is well.
Another good thing also is that shes not burning related.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
So Dehya's ascension stat is HP%. If you don't roll for her C1, this stat does absolutely nothing for her damage in the current form of her kit. Greedy motherfuckers.

A guy on reddit made a good post with good points of stuff wrong with this kit. I agree with most of it.
I've got A LOT of issues with this kit

1. Skill uptime can't be reset. This won't be a huge issue for those who are more focused on her damage, but those looking to focus more on her supportive capabilities might find that an issue. 12s uptime with 8s downtime could make rotations a little weird and this is uncorrectable by sac gs. I don't think I've ever seen a character unable to refresh the duration of their skill like this, but:
  2. Skill duration changes from skill recast is not only limited to her C2, but also doesn't provide a full reset, rather it gives a 6s increase. 100% uptime in skill is literally impossible, points 1 and 2 combined make sac gs unusable in her.
  3. The damage buff everyone has been talking about is locked behind her C1, this is insane. She gets no personal benefit from the HP her ascension stat gives nor the HP her weapon gives. As a dps, her ascension stat is useless to her, a fate usually only suffered by 4 stars. Crit, attack, heck even ER 2ould have been preferred to this, considering her 70 cost burst.
  4. The HP buff she gains seems mid at best anyways, the wording implies it to be just add on damage rather than an atk increase like Homa gives.
  5. Further selfish benefit from her HP is energy easement locked behind her C4. With a 70 cost burst, this means either her own particle generation is garbage or this C4 is practically worthless. The reality is likely somewhere in the middle.
  6. Burst uptime is only 4s, this could be good or bad but either way she is certainly not a primary DPS like some leakers said. She's a burst DPS/ support hybrid. Kind of like Raiden, but with barely over half the uptime. On floors with waves of enemies, you'll need a rotation per wave. Against ST boss enemies, I assume she'll be just fine as long as the damage is high enough. Rotations will be a mess with her insane 14s downtime on her ult. C6 seems required for those looking to put her in a role more similar to Raiden, but even then you still have a full second left for the same CD.
  7. Vape seems off the table, for most of her damage at least. Unless you go with some insane combo of Xingqiu, Yelan, and Kazuha/Mona/Kokomi, i don't think theres any way to get enough application in such a concentrated timespan that she'll be hitting in. She will also gain nothing from the long uptimes Xingqiu and Yelan's bursts have not hydro resonance
  8. There's a big potential of Xingqiu and Yelan outright not working with her.
In this state, Dehya will automatically and continuously unleash the flame-main'e fists
This means most the attacks have no chance of being compatible since no button press = no Xingqiu/Yelan trigger. The roaring barrage hits use the NA button, so we'll just have to see on this front
The big thing that sticks out to me this time, is that Dehya more than any other character just seems to have had her full kit, then instead of making constellations with fun buffs or QoL changes, they stripped her default kit out to sell back to you as Constellations.

4 second burst is shit. HP ascension stat is shit without C1. 70 Energy burst, long cooldowns, both improved with constellations. They made her complete, then made her bad.

*edit*

Reminder: Don't do your dailies until after the rest tomorrow if you care about min/maxing the BP. Weeklies are now fine to do anytime.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Gold Member
So Dehya's ascension stat is HP%. If you don't roll for her C1, this stat does absolutely nothing for her damage in the current form of her kit. Greedy motherfuckers.

A guy on reddit made a good post with good points of stuff wrong with this kit. I agree with most of it.

The big thing that sticks out to me this time, is that Dehya more than any other character just seems to have had her full kit, then instead of making constellations with fun buffs or QoL changes, they stripped her default kit out to sell back to you as Constellations.

After reading that her ascencion is HP on the leaks, I found this very scummy. Never though GI would be that low with a character kit. Hope it receives a backlash.

Fake

I talk to my brother this week about that.

They will force to get at least C1, but my guess is even worse.

They can change C1 to C2 or C1 with C4, but I still believe in the first option, if they believe Deyha can make numbers in her banner.

SSfox

They can change C1 to C2 or C1 with C4, but I still believe in the first option, if they believe Deyha can make numbers in her banner.
I won't jump to conclusion yet. All character works great on C0, maybe except Hu Tao, and even her you can still get used to it if you get use her cancel animation.

Also Beta haven't even start, so they may be few changes down the line.

Fake

I won't jump to conclusion yet. All character works great on C0, maybe except Hu Tao, and even her you can still get used to it if you get use her cancel animation.

Also Beta haven't even start, so they may be few changes down the line.

They did that in the past, remember? Changes between cons happens normally in the beta stage.

If they saw potential with her banner, gonna be sure C1 will change with her other cons.

Not saying she will do great numbers, but at least if you want proper HP scaling, you will need C1.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Apparently Ayato was changed significantly in beta. Initially he buffed other characters' attack speed, and he felt like a weird support with some on-field stuff. Then they turned him into a DPS. I didn't follow his development, but I hope this is true and they change some things for Dehya.

Her kit has potential but is bogged down by the details. Her field needs to be huge, durations increased, cooldowns decreased and HP scaling added to c0. Also worried about who to pair her up with. They better overhaul her because this is really looking like 5 star Xinyan in many ways. They must really hate tanned girls at MHY.

ssringo

Yesterday I read over her kit again after I got home and had a bigger screen than my phone. I had overlooked some aspects of her kit like her Q skill pausing her E skill. Still, I couldn't figure out how she was supposed to work at all. Her cooldowns don't seem to line up for herself, let alone anyone else. Even with constellations. It's to the point where I'm just assuming the leaks are either wrong/missing some info or this is first pass numbers that will be adjusted. She legit looks unusable to me.

Saber

Gold Member
Apparently Ayato was changed significantly in beta. Initially he buffed other characters' attack speed, and he felt like a weird support with some on-field stuff. Then they turned him into a DPS. I didn't follow his development, but I hope this is true and they change some things for Dehya.

Her kit has potential but is bogged down by the details. Her field needs to be huge, durations increased, cooldowns decreased and HP scaling added to c0. Also worried about who to pair her up with. They better overhaul her because this is really looking like 5 star Xinyan in many ways. They must really hate tanned girls at MHY.

My biggest gripe is the HP.
No matter how you look at it, this is a scum move. Do you ever saw a character that doesn't take advantage of its own ascencion bonus?

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
My biggest gripe is the HP.
No matter how you look at it, this is a scum move. Do you ever saw a character that doesn't take advantage of its own ascencion bonus?
Technically she can use it as part of her tanking ability. I have a feeling MHY overvalues that aspect of her kit. Or maybe we as the players undervalue it? Dehya taking (some) damage for others and healing herself after a while doesn't absolve you from needing a healer in your party anyway. Your other guys still need to be topped up at some point. It doesn't seem that useful.

Lack of synergy between ascension and kit has happened before, like Diona's cryo dmg bonus. She's a healer who hardly deals damage, so it's borderline useless. Of course Diona is a 4 star. There's different expectations for 5 stars for sure.

Our only hope is that these leaks are somehow wrong or that MHY does a complete overhaul. I get that they want to sell cons, but you don't have to cripple the character to achieve that. Maybe her stats are insane and she actually deals good damage. But she sounds unsatisfying to play.

Pejo

Gold Member

My recommendations to help her kit out:

Current C1 gets added to an ascension passive
C1 becomes (Dehya only) Energy gain + (Dehya only) burst cooldown reduction while any character inside the field take damage, with an internal cooldown on how often it can proc. Maximum of 4 seconds cooldown reduction on the burst.
C2 becomes "refresh field duration when re-using skill" max 1 time per use of the skill, so that you get a full 12 seconds from the time you reposition it, giving 100% uptime on the field. Similar to how you can have 100% uptime on Kokomi's jellyfish if you use her burst before it expires.
C4 gets the burst duration bonus, 3 seconds instead of 2, unconditional, no crit/cdmg buff. This matches up with Eula/Shogun burst.
C6 adds a Pyro pulse to attacks in addition to getting hit, while in her field. All with a shared internal cooldown. Then it would work similar to Thoma's pulse.

I'd probably get rid of the HP% ascension bonus and make it attack or crit or something while I was at it, but something has to suck in modern MHY kits, so I'd let that be the sacrifice.

Anyways, this will never happen because...
They must really hate tanned girls at MHY.
Technically she can use it as part of her tanking ability. I have a feeling MHY overvalues that aspect of her kit. Or maybe we as the players undervalue it? Dehya taking (some) damage for others and healing herself after a while doesn't absolve you from needing a healer in your party anyway. Your other guys still need to be topped up at some point. It doesn't seem that useful.
Yea this is the other big takeaway I had after mulling it over. They really want you taking damage with Dehya, but why? What possible advantage does it have over just bringing a shielder. With a shielder, as long as you play smart and re-apply, you don't need a healer in that comp. With Dehya tank, not only do you feed damage to Dehya which has no benefit to players, but the character being attacked still takes damage too, just less of it. So you not only still need a healer, but now you need one that heals the whole party instead of just the on-field character. The interruption resist is nice on paper but if it's as shitty as Cyno's during his burst, it doesn't even matter.

Maybe this is one of those things that will work when you're playing it, but it sounds absolutely worthless on paper. Dehya being able to regen "some" of her HP, not even all of it, doesn't mean shit to me, tbh. She doesn't even have a "lost HP" damage scaling passive like Hu Tao or anything. Not even the weapon.

The actual gameplay part of her kit, numbers and effects completely removed from the equation, sounds fun. Everything else though is pure shit and she really is shaping up to be Xinyan 2.0.

Saber

Gold Member

Lack of synergy between ascension and kit has happened before, like Diona's cryo dmg bonus. She's a healer who hardly deals damage, so it's borderline useless. Of course Diona is a 4 star. There's different expectations for 5 stars for sure.

Our only hope is that these leaks are somehow wrong or that MHY does a complete overhaul. I get that they want to sell cons, but you don't have to cripple the character to achieve that. Maybe her stats are insane and she actually deals good damage. But she sounds unsatisfying to play.

Seems to only work for other characters in your party(she still takes the damage though) and I think it has a low damage cap. Also note that her 1c also give her a whopping 20% HP, which could reflect on her base stats, we have to wait and see.
Totally agree on Diona but even if shes not a damage dealer, her skill synergies well with Sacrificial. I don't even use her as damage dealer and her skill damage is pretty well despite not being max and being a 4-star.
But again like you said, 4-star and 5-star live in different worlds. If they end up being way too much cheap on her, it backfires. But also backfires if they go to the greedy route.

If I could suggest a thing, I would change her ascencion to ATK or CRDmg and let the C1 be the way it is, but being tone down if her base stats being crap in reason of C1.

Last edited:

SSfox

Reminder: Don't do your dailies until after the rest tomorrow if you care about min/maxing the BP. Weeklies are now fine to do anytime.
I didn't get what you mean at first, so... that's interesting.

But Dailies i don't get what u mean? like you have to do them anyway since it will reset lol

crumbs

But Dailies i don't get what u mean? like you have to do them anyway since it will reset lol
He means to wait and do your Tuesday daily commissions after the update if you want them to count toward the BP. There should be time to complete them between the servers coming back online after the update and the the daily server reset on your regional server.

Edit: It can be confusing, but version updates hit all regions at the same time, but the daily reset and mid-version banner updates are based on regional server times.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member

I have a hard enough time remembering when the maintenance starts/ends for my own region, I'm not sure about when it resets compared to daily reset for EU. If the day resets during/after the maintenance window, it doesn't matter. But if the maintenance is done before the day resets, and you want to maximize the BP early, you would wait until after maintenance on that day to do your dailies. That's all. It's a big nothingburger in the grand scheme.

Weeklies they made retroactive for update weeks like 5-6 versions ago, so you don't have to wait until after the maintenance to get credit for weekly missions like bosses/leylines/cooking/crafting/etc.

SSfox

He means to wait and do your Tuesday daily commissions after the update if you want them to count toward the BP. There should be time to complete them between the servers coming back online after the update and the the daily server reset on your regional server.

Edit: It can be confusing, but version updates hit all regions at the same time, but the daily reset and mid-version banner updates are based on regional server times.

Depends on your region I suppose. For EU the timing doesn't line up.

Yeah it doesn't for me, once servers are back it's gonna be a new day so new dailies (cf. now dailies would be gone)

ssringo

RrHkNPo.jpg

4oS2DUC.jpg

tkMJdBQ.jpg

2023/2/7 18:00:00 – 2023/2/28 14:59:59

We already knew this but I guess it's official now. Good banner for me as everyone would be new and is desirable. Wish I had the wishes to spare for weapon banner.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Shogun's current banner is decent but the rest of them have sucked pretty bad. These 4 stars are all ancient too. Where's the reruns for Collei, Dori, Candace? Hopefully on Dehya's banner.

ssringo

From reddit. I assume it's accurate. Seems reasonably balance
E61NB6o.png

Added 5 star version for anyone curious. Also Gaf sucks major ass on mobile. Spent 5 minutes trying to add this edit and still had to re-edit!
nddeWwM.png

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I remember that Sayu got her second banner appearance only 4 banners after her initial introduction. That's one and a half update. 4 seems ridiculously long to me, but I suppose it's gonna take longer and longer with each 4 star added to the pool.

Eula and Shenhe's banners are long overdue as well. Ayaka's delay is understandable.

Pejo

Gold Member
I remember that Sayu got her second banner appearance only 4 banners after her initial introduction. That's one and a half update. 4 seems ridiculously long to me, but I suppose it's gonna take longer and longer with each 4 star added to the pool.

Eula and Shenhe's banners are long overdue as well. Ayaka's delay is understandable.
Also keep in mind that Shenhe has NEVER had a rerun yet. Not that there's a lot of value for her until more Cryo DPS are released, but still, that's insane.

Saber

Gold Member
Also keep in mind that Shenhe has NEVER had a rerun yet. Not that there's a lot of value for her until more Cryo DPS are released, but still, that's insane.

I would guess that she doesn't have alot of uses outsidr being a 5-star support. I think what kills me, and like her very much, is her cooldowns.
Perhaps they could make a sacrificial spear? Who knows.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Monster Hunter Rise is going to keep me busy for next few weeks. Pejo Pejo we should hunt together some time if you get it.
I have it for PC/Switch already, is there something new coming out that I missed? I burnt myself out at Sunbreak Launch and put in... let's just say a lot of hours. I haven't touched it in a few months now though, if you have the PC version I'm always up for some hunts.

Top Bottom