• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

I have it for PC/Switch already, is there something new coming out that I missed? I burnt myself out at Sunbreak Launch and put in... let's just say a lot of hours. I haven't touched it in a few months now though, if you have the PC version I'm always up for some hunts.

Releasing for PS4/PS5/Xbox Series on Jan 19th.

Pejo

I actually like her animations, the first one in particular matches with her dialogues on the story quests.
Yea I have no complaints about the auxiliary stuff with Dehya, but the kit has given me a worry.

Also, speaking of worries, apparently the Genshin functionality of the HoYoLab phone app goes down when the server does. My widget displayed this which threw me for a loop:

HbWCqVp.jpg

Pejo

Releasing for PS4/PS5/Xbox Series on Jan 19th.
Ah, it's a great game, but I probably won't be triple dipping, especially since my PS5 is currently not working. Part of me wants to ask if it supports crossplay with PC, but then I know damn well Sony would never.

Saber

Gold Member
Yea I have no complaints about the auxiliary stuff with Dehya, but the kit has given me a worry.

Also, speaking of worries, apparently the Genshin functionality of the HoYoLab phone app goes down when the server does. My widget displayed this which threw me for a loop:

HbWCqVp.jpg

Seems like her scales are low.
The Skill is pretty ok because of how it acts, but her Burst looks low. It lasts 4 bloody seconds with this low scales.

Btw, I'm PS player so this is the info I aways get.

Last edited:

Pejo

Seems like her scales are low.
The Skill is pretty ok because for how it acts, but her Burst looks low. It lasts 4 bloody seconds with this low scales.
Are the %s out for her skills now? I didn't see them yet.

I don't like her skill only applies pyro at the start and when you get hit. A lot of time enemies will just sit back and not attack you, or bosses do a big hit and knock you away. Either way, I wonder how good the pyro application is going to be in practice.
Btw, I'm PS player so this is the info I aways get.
Jimbo Ryan has you guys on lockdown.

Saber

Gold Member
Are the %s out for her skills now? I didn't see them yet.

I don't like her skill only applies pyro at the start and when you get hit. A lot of time enemies will just sit back and not attack you, or bosses do a big hit and knock you away. Either way, I wonder how good the pyro application is going to be in practice.

Jimbo Ryan has you guys on lockdown.

Pejo

All skills level 10 (no constellation increases, skill crowned)

Shogun's single hit damage for the start of her burst = 721%
Eula's single hit damage for her splash damage at the end of her burst = 725% (base before damage stacks)
Dehya's single hit splash at the end of her burst = 282%

WHAT THE FUCK are they smoking?

Holy shit....

All skills level 10 (no constellation increases, skill crowned)

Shogun's single hit damage for the start of her burst = 721%
Eula's single hit damage for her splash damage at the end of her burst = 725% (base before damage stacks)
Dehya's single hit splash at the end of her burst = 282%

WHAT THE FUCK are they smoking?

Holy shit....
qo5edbZ.jpg

I don't necessarily pull for meta or whatever, but I'm not gonna waste my primos on a dumpster fire either. Maybe I should abandon Dehya and go for Hu Tao or Eula instead. They're not perfect but workable. Dang.

deanote666

Nilou: I found this person ill from dirty water at this one camp site. That's the first place I think she would go after running away from the theater.

Logic... What is that?

Last edited:

crumbs

Added a lot of new characters today. Decided to grab Alhaitham and was able to get him at 60ish pulls. Also added YaoYao (C1) and Yun Jin (C1) and a random Layla. Best of all: no Xinyan, who was C6'd a while ago.

Didn't explore much outside of finding the new world boss to start farming for Alhaitham. Unfortunately, the new boss feels a anemo version of the Chasm ruin boss: waiting for it to surface, damage it a couple of times, and finally stunning it so you can start slapping the shit out of it.

Saber

Gold Member
qo5edbZ.jpg

I don't necessarily pull for meta or whatever, but I'm not gonna waste my primos on a dumpster fire either. Maybe I should abandon Dehya and go for Hu Tao or Eula instead. They're not perfect but workable. Dang.

Problem I have with Hu Tao is that shes unfun to play. Shes basically a meta character, if you try use her on your explore routine, comission or whatever you gonna find yourself avoiding to use her skill, as you sacrifice a good amount of hp instantly.

Last edited:

Pejo

Problem I have with Hu Tao is that shes unfun to play. Shes basically a meta character, if you try use her on your explore routine, comission or whatever you gonna find yourself avoiding to use her skill, as you sacrifice a good amount of hp instantly.
Yep, Hu Tao is one of the most "made for Abyss" characters in the game. You need to bring another Pyro if you plan on using VV, so she's not only restrictive in gameplay style and not wanting to use her skill on small encounters, but also very restrictive in team comps. Shame, I love her character and design and stuff, but man she's just not fun to play outside of domains/abyss.

I had a hell of a run today on banners. 3x 10 pulls got me Alhaitham + a Yaoyao, then I broke my own rule and went for his weapon, because it's very aesthetic with his offhand sword he creates. 1st 10 roll got me this:
d0h7scU.jpg

2nd one got me his sword. I couldn't believe my weapon banner luck.

So all in, 50 rolls got me Alhaitham and 3 5* weapons.

Dehya fund took a bit of a hit, but still plenty left to get her at at least C1, with a whole patch to save up again since I won't be rolling for anything else in 3.4.

Now here's hoping I actually like Alhaitham. I won't even be able to build him likely until the weekend when I have sometime to play the new area and unlock the bosses/get his materials. His cooldown felt pretty bad in the trial. Certainly not as fun to play as Keqing for that reason alone, but it's hard to judge real world performance when they're feeding you energy nearly nonstop from large groups of helpless enemies designed to make the character look amazing.

Regarding Dehya, I just have to hope that beta players do their job for once and give some good feedback. It's out of our hands otherwise, but boy she got screwed for the initial iteration. Part of me thinks that they made it especially awful so that they can "buff" her to normal levels and get praised for it, but that might be my own copium.

*edit*

Cool, they added underground maps to the official Genshin Interactive map.

luwqo7lu3qca1.png

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well did my pulls this morning before coming to work and...glad I saved enough, because I lost both 50/50.

On my first run for Alhaitham I got...his female version - Keqinq. How fitting.

Still, I'm fine with it, since it's my first one.

Along the way managed to pull C2 Yaoyao, one Chongyun, one Faruzan, one Xinyan and tons of Yunjin's.

Weapons banner sucked ass in terms of pulls, besides the obvious ones - PJS (which is a dupe but allows me to now run one on Cyno, another one on Zhongli) and Alhaitham's best in slot.

Overall, I spend 32K primos + 43 Intertwined fates, remaining with 4.5K primos.

Could go way better, but managed to get what I saved for, so all good for me.

Now we go back to saving for a long time.

Last edited:

Pejo

I have to say, I like Yaoyao quite a bit. Her obvious aiming bullshit aside, she was actually pretty fun to use for her burst. I actually like the team that they gave us in the trial for once. I'd like to try running around with her in Burst mode with Nilou's water circle and Xiangling's pyronado. Might be a fun burgeon comp.
Regardless though, her Dendro application is better than I was expecting, and since she's a healer she fits into a lot of teams just because. Uptime on her skill is pretty good, wish Polearm had a "sacrifical" version though. Excited to get her C1 in Lantern Rite so I can test out that stamina restore. Could be nice for niche uses like that domain that drains stamina and other meme stuff. Nearly 1000% better than Dori. Color me impressed.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I have to say, I like Yaoyao quite a bit. Her obvious aiming bullshit aside, she was actually pretty fun to use for her burst. I actually like the team that they gave us in the trial for once. I'd like to try running around with her in Burst mode with Nilou's water circle and Xiangling's pyronado. Might be a fun burgeon comp.
Regardless though, her Dendro application is better than I was expecting, and since she's a healer she fits into a lot of teams just because. Uptime on her skill is pretty good, wish Polearm had a "sacrifical" version though. Excited to get her C1 in Lantern Rite so I can test out that stamina restore. Could be nice for niche uses like that domain that drains stamina and other meme stuff. Nearly 1000% better than Dori. Color me impressed.
What's the team on his demo?

I didn't even try it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

EDIT: Is Faruzan worth building at C0?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Do we know if are there new Sumeru commissions with this patch?

First 10 pull

FIRST.png

Also won 50/50

...was hoping to lose it for a Diluc const :\

Edit: I'm stupid, I was already exactly at 75.

Last edited:

crumbs

Do we know if are there new Sumeru commissions with this patch?

First 10 pull

FIRST.png

Also won 50/50

...was hoping to lose it for a Diluc const :\
Unfortunately, the patch notes don't mention any new commissions.

Tired of jumping on mushrooms?

Fuz

Banned
Unfortunately, the patch notes don't mention any new commissions.

Tired of jumping on mushrooms?
No, I already ditched Sumeru a few months ago to complete Lyue/Mondstadt achi commissions. Still miss the 3 children in Lyue and the Sumeru related one in Monds... wondering if I should have gone back. Thank god, not yet - I don't like the place, I hate mushroom jumping and Sumeru stutter a bit for me.

Last edited:
Tried Alhaitham, but in the trials yaoyao almost seems like a better character lol? I'm a bit put off by his burst I guess, a stagger wave on activation would've been nice.

Sand Grease Pupa sounds nasty
Pupa is just an insect maturity stage?

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Watching some youtube videos about Alhaitham, seems like Yaoyao is a good pair for him, helps him with his ER problems.

Guess we will go Alhaitham + Yaoyao + Yelan + Zhongli/Kuki.

Pejo

Tried Alhaitham, but in the trials yaoyao almost seems like a better character lol? I'm a bit put off by his burst I guess, a stagger wave on activation would've been nice.
Agree, he needs a stagger on his burst. I haven't ever been hit out of attacks as much as I was in Alhaitham's trial. It's amazing that they basically copied Keqing's kit but made it worse pretty much all around. I still like him, but comparatively he has longer cooldowns, no stagger, no option for the skill, and higher burst costs. His attack combo comes out slowly and inconsistently too, despite it looking pretty cool. It doesn't have the rhythm of Keqing's combo. Maybe I should just be spamming charge attacks?

Man I don't like modern MHY character design. We shouldn't be going backwards in character strength and usability.

*edit*

NEW CODE
https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=DAQS9FPX2U35

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
People mocked him because he would be like a Dendro Keqing, but in the end it looks like would be better if he was a Dendro Keqing. She might be not the best Electro, but in terms of element application and cooldowns shes pretty much a good 5-star, even if she is a dps.

Also might ask, does this has to do with his kit or is the fact that he is Dendro?

crumbs

I only played his trial a couple of times, but these were my observations:

- The key will be getting the timing between his CA (first ascension passive is mirror/infusion with CA) with his skill. Optimizing this will mitigate the longer CD on his skill.
- His burst AOE seems smaller than Keqing's.
- Trying to determine if it's better to lead with his burst to generate mirrors then follow with CA/skill to keep the mirrors up <or> Lead with CA/Skill and finish with burst with potential extra damage from additional mirrors. Right now, it seems like burst into skill/CA string makes more sense with his ER requirements.

For builds, I'll start with 4pc Gilded Dreams since I have a semi-decent set (EM or ER + Dendro + CrD). Best weapon I have a available is the Black Sword.

Last edited:

ssringo

What?! I kinda liked her when she taught me to play cards. It's also the only interaction I've had with her (that I remember).

Pejo

What?! I kinda liked her when she taught me to play cards. It's also the only interaction I've had with her (that I remember).
Do the hangout, I dare you. All endings.

Speaking of Hangouts, Faruzan gets one in 3.5. Finally they will acknowledge that the character exists.

Last edited:

Fake

If you increase his elemental skill damage you increase his infusion damage as well?

If so, the sword from Dragonspine would be a good 4* to him.

She's a pretty one-note character, and that's saying a lot in this game. Booze bad! I actually agree with her on that, so I like her. Also just about the only tsundere character in the game.

Alhaitham punishes severely if you mess up rotations, but for basically no benefit. He plays so similarly to Keqing that there's not much point to pulling him. Dendro and electro are so closely connected with their reactions, that you can basically get the same damage and experience with her. I could see how some people might enjoy his more careful playstyle though.

People seem positive about Yaoyao. That's good. Now they just need to fix Dehya in beta and all will be well.

Pejo

Abyss 3.5

Don't remember do these guys at 12.1 up and 12-2 Down have Shield?
ifonxioannca1.jpg
12.1 up is new Cryo Lector enemy, gonna have a shield for sure.

12.2 down is husks. The ones we've already fought don't have shields but will change their kits if you have a shield and get hit. I'm assuming new "fat rock" husk (the brown one) will be the same or similar. He might have a shield, nobody knows yet, he's a new enemy too.

Did one multi, got diluc and the bell, had neither so I guess that's ok?🤷‍♂️

edit: Got yaoyao after 50 more, so I guess I'm good now.
Apparently didn't have YunJin before either, so I guess I got her too now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Dehya changes for the beta. Italics number is the new one. I dunno who italicizes changes and bolds old values, but that's reddit for you:
KgwuZ1U.gif

Dehya C1

Dehya's Max HP is increased by 20%/15%, and she deals bonus DMG based on her Max HP when using the following attacks:
·Molten Inferno's DMG will be increased by 1%/5.2% of her Max HP. ·The Lioness' Bite's DMG will be increased by 2%/8.4% of her Max HP.
Dehya C4

When Flame-Mane's Fist and Incineration Drive attacks unleashed during The Lioness' Bite hit opponents, they will restore 1.5 Energy for Dehya and 2%/2.5% of her Max HP. This effect can occur once every 0.2s.
Dehya A4

When her HP is less than 30%/40%, Dehya will recover 20% of her Max HP and will restore 10%/6% of her Max HP every 2s for the next 10s. This effect can only be triggered once every 20s.

Mmq5C6r.gif

Fuz

Banned
Means that you'll need her C1 and HP even more now.

If this is how they're starting designing their shitty characters, I guess it's time to go for constellations and weapons.

Not sure WHY they're doing this toh, they're still breaking records. Fucking greedy pieces of shit.

Last edited:

Dregnel

mihoyo can make a character that can clean the entire abyss with the press of a button if he has c1 and even then I would not use my wishes in a constellation.
All my limited characters are c0.

Fortunately they still have six weeks to fix Dehya. If they don't she's DOA and I can choose to spend my primos elsewhere. Makes me fear for future characters though. The fact that they thought this kit was remotely acceptable. What the heck. This is beyond the level where you might be able to fix it with a new artifacts set or something.

Top Bottom