• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
lpoz1w6xnub71.jpg

No stamina
svej4.gif

Pathetic amount of primogems, not even a multipull for a maxed statue. Oh, and we can't max it in 2.0.

Fucking miserable mihoyo, they'd deserve to end up under a bridge.

Pejo

I have no real wants from a visual standpoint, the game looks good for what it is, and the art style really makes up for a lot of the shortcomings.

Frankly, I'm consistently impressed with the technical proficiency of MHY. The launch, which was absolutely HUGE for a mobile game, was basically flawless. No server issues, no major bugs. Their account system kinda sucks still, but as far as the game itself, it's incredibly solid from a build and infrastructure standpoint. It's especially impressive when you consider that it's an open world game.

lpoz1w6xnub71.jpg

No stamina
svej4.gif

Pathetic amount of primogems, not even a multipull for a maxed statue. Oh, and we can't max it in 2.0.

Fucking miserable mihoyo, they'd deserve to end up under a bridge.
Yea sadly this has been known for a while. They were toying with giving a stamina recovery speed increase instead, but I guess they just cheaped out and went with primos and sigils.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Ray tracing and cel shading really don't mix very well, especially with how mihoyo's shader is also based on the camera position; the most you could do with raytracing in this game, is reflections and shadows.

Fake

No stamina is bullshit. Not really get into lvl up the electro vision, so probably won't care about workship from now. Really shame.

Pejo

No stamina is bullshit. Not really get into lvl up the electro vision, so probably won't care about workship from now. Really shame.
I think statue level is also tied to unlocking areas, so you'll be doing it one way or the other.

Anyone else notice a severe lack of hype considering we're 2 days off from our first major patch release?

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
Anyone else notice a severe lack of hype considering we're 2 days off from our first major patch release?
I'm looking forward to it, but some of the recent news has been somewhat disappointing. Many aspects of the update aren't clear yet either, so people keep their expectations in check. It doesn't seem like they've addressed some of the fundamental issues with the game either. Makes it hard to get very excited.

Pejo

I'm looking forward to it, but some of the recent news has been somewhat disappointing. Many aspects of the update aren't clear yet either, so people keep their expectations in check. It doesn't seem like they've addressed some of the fundamental issues with the game either. Makes it hard to get very excited.
Yea I totally get that. I think all the leaks combined with the heavy time/progress gating that we know of is already keeping expectations in check. Not to mention that Ayaka just doesn't have the pull of like a Zhongli or a Klee. She's not a new character, she was out in the pre-release beta, and I personally think she looks boring, especially after getting rid of her unique mechanic of her finisher move.

I'm really excited to check out the new areas but I hope to god the gating is more of a gradual behind the scenes thing than "collect 5 of these things that reset once weekly"

BlackM1st

Banned
Ayaka just doesn't have the pull of like a Zhongli or a Klee
Forget Klee or Geo Lord. Both had reruns and people moved on.

Ayaka's main problem rn is the Cocogoat's rumored rerun in 2.1. Half of my friend list is ripping hairs on their heads deciding if they should pull for Ayaka or skip her and MAYBE get a Cocogoat in 2.1. Or they can skip Ayaka and get Albedo sized anal probe as a reward xD

No, people who are out of the loop are crazy hyped. No hype in this thread because we know everything already. I'm thinking about Baal and 2.1 anniversary already lol

Makes it hard to get very excited.
Sometimes ignorance is a bliss lol

Overall I'm pretty excited, because I have almost no problems with general gameplay loop, I'm still burning through my resin daily and overall I'm enjoying myself in GI and I see no reason to stop playing or to stop following leaks.

Fake

I think statue level is also tied to unlocking areas, so you'll be doing it one way or the other.

I feeling that too, but I still got hopes.

I guess is because the climax will not come with this patch. IMO story plays a huge role, but they showed a trailer about the war, but we probably gonna get, IDK, maybe next year? Like
Chield messing with gods in Liye?

Not to mention that Ayaka just doesn't have the pull of like a Zhongli or a Klee.
Whether characters are exciting or not is subjective. Banners don't just stand on their own either. Their popularity depends on many factors.
Case in point:

Ayaka's main problem rn is the Cocogoat's rumored rerun in 2.1. Half of my friend list is ripping hairs on their heads deciding if they should pull for Ayaka or skip her and MAYBE get a Cocogoat in 2.1.
That's the position I'm in as well. I currently have almost enough primogems/pity collected to get Ganyu whenever she shows up. If I spend primos on the Inazuma banners, I run the risk of missing out again. It's hard to decide, because I haven't gotten a 5 star I like since january, which has obviously affected my enjoyment of the game. I don't feel strongly about any of the Inazuma characters yet, but it could also take a while for any other interesting character to get featured on a banner. Ganyu could be months away. Meanwhile my primos are burning a hole in my pocket. I fear I'll lose interest in the game if I keep saving up forever.

Pejo

Forget Klee or Geo Lord. Both had reruns and people moved on.

Ayaka's main problem rn is the Cocogoat's rumored rerun in 2.1. Half of my friend list is ripping hairs on their heads deciding if they should pull for Ayaka or skip her and MAYBE get a Cocogoat in 2.1. Or they can skip Ayaka and get Albedo sized anal probe as a reward xD

No, people who are out of the loop are crazy hyped. No hype in this thread because we know everything already. I'm thinking about Baal and 2.1 anniversary already lol

Sometimes ignorance is a bliss lol

Overall I'm pretty excited, because I have almost no problems with general gameplay loop, I'm still burning through my resin daily and overall I'm enjoying myself in GI and I see no reason to stop playing or to stop following leaks.
I don't mean the reruns, I mean the initial hype for their first banner. It's kinda unfair to compare rerun banners vs. release banners. I do agree that right now people are waffling between her and goat. I think Goat is the superior choice just due to how easy she fits in almost any content and can (safely) snipe from a distance for huge damage. If I didn't have Ganyu there's no way I would roll on Ayaka for that cryo DPS slot. You're probably right that "normal" players probably have no idea what's coming and are excited. I still don't think they get to the same hype level as hardcore players though, they'll probably just keep doing what they're doing.

I feeling that too, but I still got hopes.

I guess is because the climax will not come with this patch. IMO story plays a huge role, but they showed a trailer about the war, but we probably gonna get, IDK, maybe next year? Like
Chield messing with gods in Liye?
Well it's already been leaked by multiple sources that
Signora is likely going to be a weekly boss like Childe in Inazuma. No signs yet of her being on a banner or playable though.

Then again, I wasn't that hyped about the archipelago since I thought I knew everything about it, and it surprised me with how good it was, at least for the first week or so until the content dried up.

Whether characters are exciting or not is subjective. Banners don't just stand on their own either. Their popularity depends on many factors.
Case in point:
This is true, but you can feel when the playerbase as a whole is excited about something, like that week leading up to the original Zhongli banner. The community was full on ready for it. This just feels like "oh it's the next patch" right now. Probably means nothing, but it's just something I've been noticing as a frequenter of a few genshin communities. I think part of it is like Fake Fake mentioned, we don't really have much story to go on and get excited about yet for Inazuma. We got that lame ass 5 mins quest with Kazuha as the intro, which was mostly a completely worthless wild goose chase, as in it did nothing to build up Inazuma or the lore of the area. I did like the little bits of info we got about how Visions work though, so at least it was something.

This is true, but you can feel when the playerbase as a whole is excited about something, like that week leading up to the original Zhongli banner. The community was full on ready for it. This just feels like "oh it's the next patch" right now.
Did that happen? I don't remember that much hype at all for Zhongli. Sure, there was some excitement because he's an archon, but that quickly faded when it turned out he was underpowered. In my mind he got popular after they buffed him, mostly just because he has a good shield. But maybe that's just my perception because I never cared for him.

On the flip side I read a lot of comments now from people who've been waiting for Ayaka since the beginning. From what I gather she's one of the most anticipated characters, although the recent changes/nerfs have rained on her parade a bit.

But yeah, we're gonna need more context to these characters to get people hyped. I also feel the playerbase is understanding the gacha system, the limitations of it and the future of the game more as time goes on. They're a lot more hesitant to just summon on any old banner that comes along.

I guess I'm most excited for Sayu right now. Pretty decent chance of getting her and her rolling ability looks fun.

Saber

Gold Member

I dunno, silly guess but people might be doing some hard silence to prepare for the content? At least in my case I will be exploring and doing stuff and won't be posting here for a while to respect the enjoyment of the content.
But I also get the impression the pre-patch events could be a side effect as people might think they could reflect on Inuzuma's content, as they were pretty bad to the point of lowering people expectations.

Last edited:

crumbs

Due to my work schedule, I haven't been able to play much lately, but that might be a good thing to get some time away. The last 2/3rds of this update were extremely "meh", so the timing worked out.

I'm looking forward to the new content but not really all the hyped, just hopeful that it'll be decent. Having been playing since launch, I know not to rush because the time or resin gating will be there waiting in the end.

Saber

Gold Member
Due to my work schedule, I haven't been able to play much lately, but that might be a good thing to get some time away. The last 2/3rds of this update were extremely "meh", so the timing worked out.

I'm looking forward to the new content but not really all the hyped, just hopeful that it'll be decent. Having been playing since launch, I know not to rush because the time or resin gating will be there waiting in the end.

I'm exactly the same. Just hoping it will be good, but on a second though not really that much hyped. Which is odd, I remember being hyped when Dragonspire released. Maybe is just like I said, bad taste in the mouth after a couple of bad events.

deanote666

So I loaded Genshin on my PS4 and started it up before knowing the cross save didn't work on PS4 but didn't get far enough to pick a traveler.

Is that far enough to have "made an account" on my PSN?

Might need to change my genshin email to my PSN email.

Pejo

So I loaded Genshin on my PS4 and started it up before knowing the cross save didn't work on PS4 but didn't get far enough to pick a traveler.

Is that far enough to have "made an account" on my PSN?

Might need to change my genshin email to my PSN email.
We don't have details yet on how the cross play is going to work, as far as I know.

Also, english version of video above:

Tohma's EN voice is trasssshhh.

People in the comments are saying that table is $5,000, and the couch is up to $15,000. I can't imagine that kind of life.
I hope they just rented a venue somewhere, because that place looks horrible. But well, bad taste and Childe go hand in hand.

Ayaka's JP VA is excellent though. I'd almost wish for her just for that.

Fuz

Banned
It's a Fendi table, it's not that much.

And yeah, it's horrible. I have a €500 mahogany table in my living room that looks one million times classier.

That furniture is "kind of expensive" but not in the realm of "super rich".

Last edited:

YukiOnna

If you're not as retarded as I am with time zone bullshit, here's the official word:
I'm pretty retarded about time zones, but the converter tells me it's 12 hours ahead of me. Cool.

Pejo

I'm pretty retarded about time zones, but the converter tells me it's 12 hours ahead of me. Cool.
Then I read another article that said that the update should be done by 3PM pacific. I fucking hate these time zone shenanigans. They should just convert all times to your local time zone.

Lupingosei

Banned
Holy shit is that true?

Japan sales revenue on character banners
  1. Ganyu: 2.079 billion yen
  2. Klee: 2.009 billion yen
  3. Zhongli: 1.836 billion yen
  4. Childe: 1.502 billion yen
  5. Venti: 1.411 billion yen
  6. Hu Tao: 1.256 billion yen
  7. Eula: 1.246 billion yen
  8. Childe (rerun): 1.169 billion yen
  9. Xiao: 1.079 billion yen
  10. Zhongli (rerun): 943 million yen
  11. Albedo: 822 million yen
  12. Klee rerun: 733 Million yen
  13. Venti (rerun): 695 million yen
  14. Keqing: 596 million yen

YukiOnna

Holy shit is that true?

I use that site to monitor rankings, but iirc yeah. Japan is the 2nd biggest revenue stream for the game according to SensorTower, as well.

BlackM1st

Banned
Holy shit is that true?

Japan is meta. I'm proud.

Fuz

Banned
Then I read another article that said that the update should be done by 3PM pacific. I fucking hate these time zone shenanigans. They should just convert all times to your local time zone.
I'm retarded when it's about converting time zones, and google doesn't make things much easier.

BlackM1st

Banned
They're all a little cringy if you think about it. Who sends their friends a present on their own birthday?
You guys are so out of the loop I swear... It's meant for fangirls, not you, you old geezers. "Don't think. Simp." That's their motto.

Top Bottom