• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Lupingosei

Banned
At least everybody from the core team is 80+ right before Inazuma.

Will make things easier and all that experience will not go to waste.

Last edited:
They're all a little cringy if you think about it. Who sends their friends a present on their own birthday?
I really dislike that they're all like "Let's hang out on my birthday!" and then there's absolutely no event, or quest or anything to go along with that. Makes ya wonder where all those billions are going. They can't hire another team to make some birthday quests?

I really dislike that they're all like "Let's hang out on my birthday!" and then there's absolutely no event, or quest or anything to go along with that. Makes ya wonder where all those billions are going. They can't hire another team to make some birthday quests?
Lmao, you just reminded me of when I received the first birthday message. I think it was Xiangling Keqing. She said something about meeting in Liyue, so I actually went out there to look for her. Needless to say, she was nowhere to be found.

I was like "so that's what it feels like to get stood up"
GIF by Friends

Edit: It was Keqing.
I've put a few more hours in these last two days to finish all the work I might have in the near future.

Since it's my birthday, I'll show you around Liyue Harbor.

The night markets here are full of places to go. Between the shops that sell artisan handicrafts and those who hawk little gadgets and trinkets, even a light stroll is well worth your time.

I'll change into more ordinary clothes, and disguise myself a little, so I don't get recognized by the citizenry.

That way, we can spend some leisure time shopping together — just the two of us.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Lmao, you just reminded me of when I received the first birthday message. I think it was Xiangling Keqing. She said something about meeting in Liyue, so I actually went out there to look for her. Needless to say, she was nowhere to be found.

GIF by Friends

"Top 10 anime betrayals" xD

Pejo

So interestingly it does look like they are hard timegating progress through the Inazuma islands. Exactly what I didn't want.

Fuckers.

Pejo

Where is the link the picture sugest?
Here's the actual spreadsheet.

And here's the cross-save article:

Important reading for Mobile/PC to Playstation migrations, you can only do this once and if you fuck it up, it's fucked for good:

Case 1:
I have game progress on iOS/Android/PC and would like to link my email address, which is associated with my miHoYo Account, to my account for PSN. My account for PSN has never been used to log in to Genshin Impact.
Linking procedure:
On your PlayStation, using your account for PSN that has never previously logged in to Genshin Impact, open the game for the first time. Follow the steps in the pop-up window to link your email address that is associated with your miHoYo Account. This will link both accounts.
*IMPORTANT: The pop-up window prompting you to link your accounts only appears when your account for PSN enters the game for the first time, after you agree to the Terms of Service. You can only link an existing miHoYo Account from this pop-up window. If you skip the pop-up, your account for PSN will log in to the game and register a miHoYo Account, after which it can no longer be linked to an email address that is already associated with a separate miHoYo Account.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

GIF by Friends

Legit wish they'd actually let you meet them if they're gonna do mails. At least we get Keqing date for the Autumn Event.

Pejo

I really like the opening quest. If they're going to time-gate us, it's at least pretty cool that they did it with the story. Inazuma feels unique in setting and lore, that's all I was hoping for. So far, my expectations were exceeded. I'm taking a break for a bit then back in later. This time I finally remembered to not do my dailies until after the patch dropped for the bonus BP points.

*edit*

Electro Traveler skill cooldown is wayyyy to long.

*double edit*

Anyone else's graphics cards shitting the bed after the update? I have literally never heard my card's fan spin up audibly since I bought it, and I play almost every game at 4k/high settings, but when I get into fights with lots of enemies now in Genshin that motherfucker goes crazy.

Last edited:

Pejo

Loving Inazuma. Any of you guys figure out how to unlock the underwater waypoint in the north? I'm assuming the story will take us under there to meet the mecha boss, but just curious.

Also, it's been a wild ride, but Baal's weapon type is finally confirmed:

dyj4g191bic71.jpg

YukiOnna

Man, the opening quest was cool af. I also have taken like a billion photos...
Anyone else's graphics cards shitting the bed after the update? I have literally never heard my card's fan spin up audibly since I bought it, and I play almost every game at 4k/high settings, but when I get into fights with lots of enemies now in Genshin that motherfucker goes crazy.

Yeah mine's suddenly started to act up a bit. Wonder if poor optimization.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ayaka came home. On 90. Again. WTF MiHo. Was around 70, turns out still needed 25 pulls. Ugh, such a waste... Regardless, I won my 50/50 and I'm glad that it's Ayaka and not C2 Mona. Now I need farm again, because I doubt that Baal will be just as merciful. 180 wishes is fucking a lot. Ugh.

P.S.Miho crime against her pantsu is terrible.
P.P.S. She's strong tho.

Meanwhile, the other gacha I started playing 3 months ago already gave me *all* the characters I wanted in their strongest version. Plus many more so I can experiment quite a lot with teams.

Man I hate this game's gacha so damn much.
I'm with you at that. The pity system in Genshin is good but the rolls for a single 5* being around 70s 80s is pretty bad, plus the 50/50 system. Even Honkai is better at times than Genshin, although Honkai suffers from different problems like the limited cast of 5* and their variations, and not even to mention the characters limited to events or missions.

I love Genshin but hate it at the same time. I am not that bothered with the time-gated content in the least, I know people would just burn through it and blame MiHoYo for having no content on the game, a problem most associated with GaaS games when they decide to drop a new expansion and the player-base clears everything in the first 2 weeks. I'll enjoy the update at my own pace, it might take me a good week or two to get everything done in the 3 islands. However, there is so much content the Studio can pump before the community says "there is nothing to do in the game", then the best strategy is to drip-feed the community and give a faux sense of continuity. There is no win against a starved player-base. We just have to accept the fact of not being able to play this game at our own leisure, especially with timed events. Another example of a game that does the same with content on par with Genshin is Destiny 2. That game has adopted the mobile game structure since they went with their seasonal model after the Forsaken expansion.

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Another survey, another gacha rant.

By the way, this survey is focused on "are you playing other games besides Genshin? If so, why and how can we stop it?". Eh. Scummy assholes.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ayaka came home. On 90. Again. WTF MiHo. Was around 70, turns out still needed 25 pulls. Ugh, such a waste... Regardless, I won my 50/50 and I'm glad that it's Ayaka and not C2 Mona. Now I need farm again, because I doubt that Baal will be just as merciful. 180 wishes is fucking a lot. Ugh.

P.S.Miho crime against her pantsu is terrible.
P.P.S. She's strong tho.
Man I swear that you are the only person I know that's hit hard pity, and you did it twice now. How do you know how strong she is? There's no way you have her built out already with the new bosses you have to farm. I tried her out a few times in the trial stage and I wasn't impressed. She pretty easily does have cryo infusion at 100% uptime though, which is better than I was expecting. Her elemental skill is a real snoozer, but generates good particles, so I don't hate it.

The one thing I do have to say is that they definitely fixed the movement issue I had with the underground dash with both her AND Mona. Mona feels so much better to play now. Her exit from the underground animation is so much shorter and you can attack almost immediately after stopping. Night and day difference. It's amazing that they thought it was fine for Mona for a little under a year, but when it was going to affect their paycheck, it was fixed just in time. Dickheads. At least they also fixed Mona instead of just fixing Ayaka and calling it a day.

Can we craft the new weapons already?
I didn't get to play that much but I couldn't find the recipes/unlocks for them. I also didn't get the new Inazuma shops/weekly rep quests open yet, but I didn't do much story so far. I've been mostly unlocking teleport spots and exploring a bit with the new mechanics. Funny enough I got another sword prototype yesterday from Wolf, so I can R5 that new katana once I can craft it.

Meanwhile, the other gacha I started playing 3 months ago already gave me *all* the characters I wanted in their strongest version. Plus many more so I can experiment quite a lot with teams.

Man I hate this game's gacha so damn much.
Which gacha? I actually don't hate Genshin's gacha too much. If they got rid of the 50/50 it'd probably be one of the bet out of the gachas I've played. Shit like FGO, FFBE, GBF, Dragalia are all way worse. The only two bad things about things about the gacha in this game is that they're very stingy with free pulls/currency and the dupes are completely worthless after your first week or two with the game. I wish they'd take a page from Honkai and replace the blue weapons with xp books/Mora/actual mystic ore. It'd also be nice if they had something better that happens once you C6 a 4 star character. Every time I get a Barbara, Noelle, or waterboi, it feels bad.

BlackM1st

Banned
How do you know how strong she is?
I don't know how exactly strong is she, as I have her on lvl 20 with a 4p set of lvl 1 artifacts. Plus I gave her lvl 90 black sword.

BUT She IS strong.

Tried her against lvl 90 slimes. Cryo and water. She was as effective as my lvl 80 Yanfei with a full set(low Crit dmg tho). I liked her charged attacks range too. Nothing too crazy, but Electric cat can't hold a candle to her. When her attacks connect they have some extra "umpf" to them.

Plus, she's pretty versatile. She can basically insta switch from phys to cryo. I killed both slimes without switching to other heroes.

Not something that can be said about Klee or Cocogoat.

Just like your EULA, but with an element switch as simple as 1 button press without any hassle, weird mechanics or infusion fields.

In my opinion it's a good enough reasons to call her strong. How strong? It's TBD of course.

Man I swear that you are the only person I know that's hit hard pity, and you did it twice now.
3rd time iirc lol

Pejo

I don't know how exactly strong is she, as I have her on lvl 20 with a 4p set of lvl 1 artifacts. Plus I gave her lvl 90 black sword.

BUT She IS strong.

Tried her against lvl 90 slimes. Cryo and water. She was as effective as my lvl 80 Yanfei with a full set(low Crit dmg tho). I liked her charged attacks range too. Nothing too crazy, but Electric cat can't hold a candle to her. When her attacks connect they have some extra "umpf" to them.

Plus, she's pretty versatile. She can basically insta switch from phys to cryo. I killed both slimes without switching to other heroes.

Not something that can be said about Klee or Cocogoat.

Just like your EULA, but with an element switch as simple as 1 button press without any hassle, weird mechanics or infusion fields.

In my opinion it's a good enough reasons to call her strong. How strong? It's TBD of course.

3rd time iirc lol
Yea I don't doubt she's going to be a good Cryo dps, but I don't see her dethroning Ganyu for the role at all. You'll have to keep me posted after you have a chance to fully build her.

3 times....ouch.

Anyways, this image made me laugh.
ihhukxkvqjc71.png

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Shit like FGO, FFBE, GBF, Dragalia are all way worse.
Dunno about that, all banners give coins/tickets now so you can just pity, and if you did get the unit you can use to coins for other good shit like STMRs.
Some of the banners also have the 4th multi as a free pull, there's also almost always a free weekly multi.
All the free tickets also help.

Meanwhile in Genshin you have to play hours for 160 primos...

Last edited:

Pejo

Dunno about that, all banners give coins/tickets now so you can just pity, and if you did get the unit you can use to coins for other good shit like STMRs.
Some of the banners also have the 4th multi as a free pull, there's also almost always a free weekly multi.
All the free tickets also help.

Meanwhile in Genshin you have to play hours for 160 primos...
They each have their plus and minuses, but the sheer frequency of new units and the units completely supplanting your previous units means that they have to give more free currency. The gacha is like 90% of the game in FFBE where in Genshin you could still play all of the content with your freebie units if you really wanted to. Same with games like Fire Emblem Heroes. Without the gacha, there literally is no game there. Also don't tell me you don't still have nightmares about old limited banners in FFBE like the OG Nier collab. I haven't played in a while so I don't know what improvements they've made over the last year or so.

That said, I do agree that Genshin could be a little more generous with rewards and particularly standard banner wishes. I don't see why every event couldn't throw us 1-3 blue wishes in addition to whatever we're currently getting.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Also don't tell me you don't still have nightmares about old limited banners in FFBE like the OG Nier collab. I haven't played in a while so I don't know what improvements they've made over the last year or so.
Yeah the old banners were terrible, but they are much better now.
First thing they introduced was panel rewards, basically an extra reward for doing a multi, this goes away if the banner has a free every 4th multi instead, which is the second improvement.
Generally banners have reduced cost now as well, so 4500 instead of 5000.
Then the introduced coins, meaning you could pity your unit just from the banner itself (this pretty much got rid of banner step ups), after 8 or 10 pulls(glex/limited are 10).
But then people complained that the coins would be useless if you pulled the unit.
So then they added banner tickets, which are use only for unit pity; you still get the coins, but now coins get you other good stuff, like an NVA unit, fragments, STMRs/TMRs, moogles etc.
This gives some nice flexibility between pulling and still getting to pick some nice stuff as well.

They are also aware of needing strong units for content, because of ever powercreep, so they actually give away a lot of NVA units, most recent being NVA Elena who's actually monstrously powerful (stronger than the glex banner unit).

Fuz

Banned
Uh... did they slow down conversations, as in not beign able to quick skip them clicking?
Which gacha?
Exos Heroes. Good game with fantastic art style. And tons of free pulls left and right.

Last edited:
I've been sacrificing artifacts for the last 30 mins. Got a few decent ones, so Ganyu's future Wanderer's Troupe set is good enough for now (if I ever get her). I know a lot of people have been sceptical of that new mechanic, but I was maxed out on artifacts, and I didn't get nearly enough good ones to spend them as exp. I'm happy I was convert them into something valuable, even if the exchange rate kinda sucks.

I haven't even been to Inazuma yet. I've just been doing the regular daily tasks. Ayaka looks pretty cool. Still not sure if I should wish.

Pejo

Uh... did they slow down conversations, as in not beign able to quick skip them clicking?

Exos Heroes. Good game with fantastic art style. And tons of free pulls left and right.
Yea they did and for people that read very quickly it feels awful. I actually like getting the flavor dialogue from NPCs but this new text progression is too slow. I don't want to spend like 5-6 seconds on every damn line.

Am I the only one who's disappointed that the journey, which has constantly been said is sooooo difficult to reach due to a constant raging storm, is resolved with a single sentence on black background? I expected at least a cutscene or something of them braving the wind and the waves and such.

Fuz

Banned
I actually like getting the flavor dialogue from NPCs but this new text progression is too slow. I don't want to spend like 5-6 seconds on every damn line.
Same. (There's also rewards, occasionally)

It's driving me crazy.

Am I the only one who's disappointed that the journey, which has constantly been said is sooooo difficult to reach due to a constant raging storm, is resolved with a single sentence on black background? I expected at least a cutscene or something of them braving the wind and the waves and such.
Are you crazy? They don't have enough money for that.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yea I forgot to mention this. What a crock of shit. They build it up as a huge danger with constant storms and tsunamis and whirlpools, and we don't even get a cutscene. Funny enough, some dude on Reddit actually Kaeya'd his way to Inazuma from Guyun Stone Forest, and it actually gets stormy for 1-2 seconds when you get close before it kicks you back to Liyue.

Cheap asses.

Pejo

I'm excited to try this game out on the Steam Deck next year. I don't think it will supplant my PC as my main platform, but it'll be nice to be able to play while the GF watches tv or whatever without having to use touch controls.

It would have been cool if there was no leak/information on Ayaka until after this archon quest. The being greeted from behind the screen loses some of its kick because people already know what she looks like and some people even have her in their parties at this point.

YukiOnna

She definitely seems more expressive than Aether. Can't wait until we unlock new costumes for our MCs. Hoping I can get rid of his ponytail too.
Same. Different hairstyles would be nice.

I felt a bit off over Traveler outright initially denying Tohma's hopes that they would help out with the Vision Hunt Decree given your past actions in 2 other regions, but that was put to bed pretty easily.

BlackM1st

Banned

I felt a bit off over Traveler outright initially denying Tohma's hopes that they would help out with the Vision Hunt Decree given your past actions in 2 other regions, but that was put to bed pretty easily.
Tohma is cancer. Such an annoying character to introduce a new area. Would preferred Beidou or Ayaka as guides.

YukiOnna

Tohma is cancer. Such an annoying character to introduce a new area. Would preferred Beidou or Ayaka as guides.
Really? He's like a likable Childe for me lmaoo. Although, I was hoping it'd be Kazuha or Beidou sticking around, but I guess that's difficult.

Pejo

Yea it seemed really out of character considering we're still helping people collect sweet flowers and stupid shit like that.

Top Bottom