• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
Leaks are starting to come in with 1.6 beta. Apparently there's some Inazuma music in the mix now...hype building?

*edit*

Apparently, Kazuha works on Beidou's boat, and they will introduce a system to ride the boats into Inazuma (basically just interact with an NPC and watch a cutscene). It will be tied to Beidou I guess though, story wise. It also looks like we're gonna crash on an island between Liyue and Inazuma and that's where the music comes from. So like a mini-preview island for Inazuma on 1.6 maybe?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Cool. I like his design.

It's about time they give us a cool male character in armor or something. They're all just pretty boys.
Might shock you, but the pretty boys are the ones that sell the most across all regions so It's not surprising they are continuing that line...

Nah I have a route to just collect shit. Mostly Valberries for Mondstadt and those chili things in Liyue, though I do farm some of the more annoying materials each week just out of habit, like Philanemo mushrooms and Violetgrass. Once you have a route planned out it takes no time at all.

Pft, Amber was just toying with them. Need I remind you...
R1O8nvx.gif

TVvsktQ.gif
Is your Amber near that level? I want to see you memeing on others too.

YukiOnna

Leaks are starting to come in with 1.6 beta. Apparently there's some Inazuma music in the mix now...hype building?

*edit*

Apparently, Kazuha works on Beidou's boat, and they will introduce a system to ride the boats into Inazuma (basically just interact with an NPC and watch a cutscene). It will be tied to Beidou I guess though, story wise. It also looks like we're gonna crash on an island between Liyue and Inazuma and that's where the music comes from. So like a mini-preview island for Inazuma on 1.6 maybe?

Nice. I won't listen because I want to discover this stuff fresh in the game, but bodes well if it's in 1.6/1.7?

Pejo

Gold Member
That sounds very Japanese.
There are actually multiple songs throughout that vid. If I'm being honest, these give me a very Final Fantasy XI feel. First one reminds me of a port town like Selbina, and the one around 2:35 reminds me of Bastok. Not sure if anyone here ever played FFXI, but that's just the feeling I get from it.

*edit*

Here are the mid-point islands before we get to Inazuma.

b9mdags2fbv61.png

*edit2*

Kaz is up on Honeyhunter now.

*edit3*

New Kraftable Klee Katalyst - 4*.

r6du51lmkdv61.png

Fischl Bow - Craftable 4*

vuvkxvj1ldv61.png

Freedom Sword - 5*

thkrwfjvkdv61.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
He kinda needs constellations :\
If you want to use him as DPS yea, but he's a really good support out of the box though. Hilarious that he has a constellation that gives him energy regen while gliding. There must be more to his jumping E than they're letting on in the text. I'm hoping it's still a double jump in some manner of speaking. Also a bummer he's just considered a "sword" character, but that could be a placeholder until they put Blades (katanas) in the game. If they don't do it for Inazuma, we're probably not going to get them period. For reference, Honkai has no difference between swords and katanas, they're just all lumped in as swords.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
More like dork with dem legs Catalyst. Klee deserves only 5☆ books🔥
Just meant it's stylized for her. Probably won't be BiS for anybody, but you never know.

I'd actually be all for 4* craftable weapons that give special effects on specific characters only. Like an extra talent baked into a F2P weapon. But then they're going to have to give us new ways or better rates at getting prototypes.

Pejo

Gold Member
Hype!

They said there's no system leaked yet for us to drive the boats ourselves, but I'm hopeful. If they "borrowed" from BotW for the main game, why not "borrow" from Wind Waker for the sailing parts. That'd be a lot of fun actually.

We need weapon skins more than ever. I always suggest it in the surveys.
That'd fix my issue with Rosaria and the ugly as fuck (but strong) Crescent Pike.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
They said there's no system leaked yet for us to drive the boats ourselves, but I'm hopeful. If they "borrowed" from BotW for the main game, why not "borrow" from Wind Waker for the sailing parts. That'd be a lot of fun actually.
I wanna go a-piratin'.

Pejo

Gold Member
So this image is old, but it apparently has a new bee-girl that I don't remember seeing anywhere else.
uq9IFS3.png

New Inazuma enemy
zP0inEg.png

Dregnel

Yo? Hopefully maintain and sail our own ship eventually?
yeah basically you can you have a little ship now but a big one i'm not sure about it, maybe if we hangout with beido she could lend us her boat and crew
So this image is old, but it apparently has a new bee-girl that I don't remember seeing anywhere else.
uq9IFS3.png

New Inazuma enemy
the pink girl? she is old but it was a weird rumors i never a saw leaker speaking about her but i saw a guy posting her in 4 chan.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Damn she also has an animated cocogoat
jesus GIF
The way she draws body proportions are hit or miss for me, but when she gets something good, it's real good.

All of them look like a fucking jobbers except for Cocogoat, wtf. Baal better be good...
I like Mimi (the blue loopy blonde girl) and Shengli (the one people think is Cloud Retainer), but we'll see what they end up looking like. I also don't think that one next to Kazuha is still Baal. She doesn't have the glowing hair highlights like Venti/JohnLee which seems to be a sign of Archons.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Shenli and pink bug girl that is probably a good aligned abyss mage are the only characters I take interest in.

Shenli because hawt and I think bug girl could be worthwhile.

Pejo

Gold Member
Shenli and pink bug girl that is probably a good aligned abyss mage are the only characters I take interest in.

Shenli because hawt and I think bug girl could be worthwhile.
Yea I like the bug girl's design. It's a new look at least. Wonder what element/weapon she's going to be.

Based on some stuff in the leaks, banners for 1.6 so far look like Kazuha first then Klee rerun alongside
Ludi Harpastrum, which is apparently another Mondstadt festival, so it wasn't just a renamed Windblume festival after all.

Really though, it's too early to tell for sure.

YukiOnna

Yea I like the bug girl's design. It's a new look at least. Wonder what element/weapon she's going to be.

Based on some stuff in the leaks, banners for 1.6 so far look like Kazuha first then Klee rerun alongside
Ludi Harpastrum, which is apparently another Mondstadt festival, so it wasn't just a renamed Windblume festival after all.

Really though, it's too early to tell for sure.

Speaking of that, I've been hoping they'll do an improved Liyue festival since I'm still cheesed the Mondstadt one handled it better. Inazuma will at least hit before the Summer Matsuri & Swimsuit events since it ties into Japan's cultural items.

Pejo

Gold Member
Speaking of that, I've been hoping they'll do an improved Liyue festival since I'm still cheesed the Mondstadt one handled it better. Inazuma will at least hit before the Summer Matsuri & Swimsuit events since it ties into Japan's cultural items.
Well I think the Liyue festival hit at a bad time. It was mostly already built and set in stone in beta 2, I think it was, before the game even came out. Due to their content pipeline being 6 months from creation to release, roughly, I don't think there was a lot they could do about that festival, which is unfortunate. I think next year's rerun or the next Liyue festival will be massively improved.

I kinda feel like with as important of a continent as "not-China" is for them culturally, they should definitely have not made it a follow up to Mondstadt this early into the game. They should have taken us from Mondstadt to Sumeru or Fontaine where they could have seen how the game's success went, and then after they learned some lessons about what players want, and had some money to throw back in to development, then they do Liyue and make it a real "wow" location. Mondstadt had the charm of the characters really getting fleshed out in the game's opening chapters, which were all released and ready to go and polished by the time the game came out. It was a steady flow of quests that linked together nicely, had a nice buildup, and a nice payoff. At the end of the Mondstadt story, I felt like that could have been a 40 dollar single player RPG and I'd have been happy.

Liyue, we only got a chapter or two at first, then they drip fed us the last few story quests which really pissed with the perception of the area and the characters in my opinion. They also had no build-up to the Osial fight. We were just running around doing fetch quests and them bam we were flying over the ocean shooting canons at a revived mystic dragon god while fending off Fatui....and then immediately after it was "oh it was just a test bro, you weren't really ever in danger". Just the wort possible climax to that story that you could imagine. The flow for the whole Liyue chapter was just poorly done.

I think for Inazuma and beyond we're going to see a lot of content inspired by the feedback that we've been giving them for months now.

YukiOnna

Well I think the Liyue festival hit at a bad time. It was mostly already built and set in stone in beta 2, I think it was, before the game even came out. Due to their content pipeline being 6 months from creation to release, roughly, I don't think there was a lot they could do about that festival, which is unfortunate. I think next year's rerun or the next Liyue festival will be massively improved.

I kinda feel like with as important of a continent as "not-China" is for them culturally, they should definitely have not made it a follow up to Mondstadt this early into the game. They should have taken us from Mondstadt to Sumeru or Fontaine where they could have seen how the game's success went, and then after they learned some lessons about what players want, and had some money to throw back in to development, then they do Liyue and make it a real "wow" location. Mondstadt had the charm of the characters really getting fleshed out in the game's opening chapters, which were all released and ready to go and polished by the time the game came out. It was a steady flow of quests that linked together nicely, had a nice buildup, and a nice payoff. At the end of the Mondstadt story, I felt like that could have been a 40 dollar single player RPG and I'd have been happy.

Liyue, we only got a chapter or two at first, then they drip fed us the last few story quests which really pissed with the perception of the area and the characters in my opinion. They also had no build-up to the Osial fight. We were just running around doing fetch quests and them bam we were flying over the ocean shooting canons at a revived mystic dragon god while fending off Fatui....and then immediately after it was "oh it was just a test bro, you weren't really ever in danger". Just the wort possible climax to that story that you could imagine. The flow for the whole Liyue chapter was just poorly done.

I think for Inazuma and beyond we're going to see a lot of content inspired by the feedback that we've been giving them for months now.
Yeah, for sure. They couldn't really do anything about it with launch being set in stone with these two regions. I think we've seen our feedback implemented in small doses with how it's been handled here and there, but a lot of the content that would be developed naturally and with time through user feedback is for Inazuma and onward.

Agreed that Liyue should have been held back for maybe an Act that came midway through or late in the game. Mond and Sumeru or Natlan should have been next, but it is what it is I guess and they wanted to show some representation or whatever. The Liyue story was weirdly lacking in volume, it lacked the build up the Mond chapter had and felt light in volume, which is a shame because the story beats itself were great if they had a bit more time. I was with it on the way in how the journey up Jeuyun Karst and Rex Lapis funeral ceremony was handled, but after that it's just rushed and over. A shame because the Golden House and Osial fight had some amazing atmosphere. Inazuma and other nations will probably see a buff in story volume given how long they are taking where each region seems to be a new "game".

Pejo

Gold Member

Zhongli/Yanfei banner will be up until May 18th.

Back to the 3 week rotations then. Not too surprising. There's nothing in the foreseeable future that I'm rolling on, so I guess I'm in save mode now.

Still a little undecided on Eula. I don't like rolling without pity involved, and I definitely don't want to waste up to 180 pulls on her, but I dunno, maybe I'll set aside 2 10x pulls for her or something. Even if I (likely) don't get her, it'll be working towards pity for something else in the future, so it's not a loss of resources. I fully expect with my recent Childe luck, I won't get anything until soft pity for the rest of the year.

So I guess we're looking at Zhongli -> Eula -> Kazuha -> Klee -> ? (hopefully not Albedo rerun). I'm betting Yaoyao will be on Klee's banner. Seems to be their pattern.

*edit*

Also, I'm sure most of you realized this already, but pre-load is up on PC (and I think Mobile).

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Beneath the Light of Jadeite Phase 1 Banner and Event Information

Pejo

Gold Member
Beneath the Light of Jadeite Phase 1 Banner and Event Information
Wonder if that BP blueprint for the stove is exclusive or if it's available other ways too. That's shitty to bury a recipe in the BP. Anyone else find it weird that they're doing a weapon banner without Zhongli's spear or the Staff of Homa? I mean they're both Geo shield based weapons, but sword and catalyst? Just seems odd.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Wonder if that BP blueprint for the stove is exclusive or if it's available other ways too. That's shitty to bury a recipe in the BP. Anyone else find it weird that they're doing a weapon banner without Zhongli's spear or the Staff of Homa? I mean they're both Geo shield based weapons, but sword and catalyst? Just seems odd.
I hope they don't make it a regular thing to monetize some furniture if true. Especially under Battle Pass- keep it strictly to events like Mimi Tomo, which I don't mind if they are limited since they will be re-run. Yeah, it's weird Zhongli's weapons weren't re-run since I thought they were in sync with the character banners.

crumbs

Good to know they're still working on the Switch version of GI. :messenger_winking:

This 1.5 update has an awful lot of Diona content, not sure how I feel about that.

Looking forward to Zhongli's next story quest, his Chapter 1 is one of the better quests.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member

Funny thing is that no one in that banner can use that sword.

Pejo

Gold Member
KFC CN collab? Pft, you can keep that shit.

Here's our glorious US of A collab.

eqddo62kqiv61.png

Bummer that we're not getting a katana weapon type. That sheathing animation just doesn't look as good without a 1000x folded steel blade that thirsts for the blood of its enemies.

fjgoo7ujngv61.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

KFC CN collab? Pft, you can keep that shit.

Here's our glorious US of A collab.

eqddo62kqiv61.png

Bummer that we're not getting a katana weapon type. That sheathing animation just doesn't look as good without a 1000x folded steel blade that thirsts for the blood of its enemies.

fjgoo7ujngv61.jpg
Guess I'm writing an essay about weapon types and Katana's in the next survey...

Top Bottom