• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Welp, only one more piece of furniture to complete this web event. I wasted some materials early on before I had all of the recipes, but oh well. Looks like the last two "tier" rewards give us a free piece of furniture in 1.5, so it's probably worth doing if you haven't yet.
I've completed it and didn't get the in-game furnishing yet. I think they'll send them with 1.5, so no rush.

Saber

Gold Member

Well, this was cool to see.

Indeed.
Who knows. Maybe one day, my dream of having Xynian elemental skill fixed will be realized.

YukiOnna

Damn we're famous and my degeneracy is exposed.

YukiOnna

The Nameless Treasure quests were a lot of fun. I like that the WQ and Hidden Quests are more puzzles than fetch quests. That damn scholar one took me a long time to trigger though.

Fake

Maybe they look at resetera and people shit their game, they look at reddit and 30 pages of fanmades photos.

They want people having a conversation about the damn game.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Gold Member
Is that a C6 Tart? The FUCK? xD
Yea I got him to C3 the first banner, picked up the last 3 on this one (thanks to getting super lucky). He plays totally differently at C6, definitely digging it.

Well I'll be damned. Funny enough, looks like there's quite a few people that know about/play the game that never post here.

Get ITT lurkers! Show off your team so BlackM1st BlackM1st can tell you they suck because it's not Klee.

Fuz

Banned
Maybe they look at resetera and people shit their game, they look at reddit and 30 pages of fanmades photos.

Impossible to talk about the game on reddit, only shitty fanart threads allowed there.

Pejo

Gold Member
Impossible to talk about the game on reddit, only shitty fanart threads allowed there.
It's really getting too much with the "look at my OC character that looks nothing like a genshin character and could be drawn for literally anything". I don't mind good quality fanart, but people that fucking draw worse than I do are uploading their shit art and getting upvotes for it. I mean, taste is subjective, sure, but there's a lot of objectively bad art there now.

Reactions: Fuz

YukiOnna

I don't know about Era, but I don't think I've seen a single game discussion on reddit lmao. Fanart is nice and all, but I can search that with ease from actually good artists. And then Genshin Twitter is another form of trash the game could do better without.

i hope those feedback forms have something intelligible...

Fuz

Banned
It's really getting too much with the "look at my OC character that looks nothing like a genshin character and could be drawn for literally anything". I don't mind good quality fanart, but people that fucking draw worse than I do are uploading their shit art and getting upvotes for it. I mean, taste is subjective, sure, but there's a lot of objectively bad art there now.
There are posts that are literally just in-game screenshots "OH LOOK HOW CUTE KLEE IS I'M A PEDO LOL GUYS AMIRITE?" that gets thousands of upvotes - and meaningful conversation gets buried and deleted by mods.

I said it in the past: mihoyo only wants fanart, screenshots and cosplayers on the subreddit because it's free advertising and never holds any controversy.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
There are posts that are literally just in-game screenshots "OH LOOK HOW CUTE KLEE IS I'M A PEDO LOL GUYS AMIRITE?" that gets thousands of upvotes - and meaningful conversation gets buried and deleted by mods.

I said it in the past: mihoyo only wants fanart, screenshots and cosplayers on the subreddit because it's free advertising and never holds any controversy.
I find quite a good bit of lore discussion on Reddit, so I have to give it credit there. There's some really well researched and thought out posts, and I find the lore really interesting. It's just like 1 of those threads for 200000 "Look at my Mona cosplay!" where it's girls of varying attractiveness all wearing the same Mona suit that they bought online at a costume store.

Anyways, for the upcoming housing thing:
18gn8rzzi5v61.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
I forgot to ask what you guys think about this Eula? Did you guys find her strong and like her kit?

I'm still more of the same. Find her skills and burst too simplistic for my tastes. Which is a shame, she has a great design.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
I forgot to ask what you guys think about this Eula? Did you guys find her strong and like her kit?

I'm still more of the same. Find her skills and burst too simplistic for my rastes. Which is a shame, she has a great design.
Yep, Design 9/10, kit 2/10. Kaeya and Rosaria are better with freeze comps, Chongus is better in Shatter comps. She's got good numbers and an awful kit for the most resisted damage type in the game (especially for harder enemies). Not even C6 saves her.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I'm still more of the same. Find her skills and burst too simplistic for my tastes. Which is a shame, she has a great design.
4* disguised as a 5*.

I understand she has a gimmick where she can do either DPS or save stacks for more defense but Noelle outclasses her as a tank so kinda pointless.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
A Cryo claymore character doesn't add anything new to the game either since we already have one. Rosaria was added recently and she's a Cryo/phys character as well, so that category seems saturated. It would've made more sense if she was a Cryo catalyst user, though a different element would've been better IMO. So in terms of her usability it doesn't seem like she's all that useful or desirable.

Her design is okay, but they haven't given me any reason to care about her. We don't know anything about her story or personality, and she's not interwoven in the lore at all either. None of the characters even talk about her. She just got pulled from a hat because they needed a new character, that's what it feels like. She could've benfitted from a quest in a prior patch like they did with Rosaria and Ganyu.

YukiOnna

I find quite a good bit of lore discussion on Reddit, so I have to give it credit there. There's some really well researched and thought out posts, and I find the lore really interesting. It's just like 1 of those threads for 200000 "Look at my Mona cosplay!" where it's girls of varying attractiveness all wearing the same Mona suit that they bought online at a costume store.

Anyways, for the upcoming housing thing:
18gn8rzzi5v61.jpg
Thanks. I'm going to spend a lot of time on this and this is going to help with the small gap with nothing new between the next patch.

Her design is top tier and she looks to be strong, but she has the same problem I have with all Claymore users. Just not fun to play and not enough to them since all I can usually think is "that's it?". That said, I'll likely still roll because everything else about her is great and I like the little bit about her background that I read in relation to her history.

Aranea

Have over 100 pulls and currently sitting at 0 pity 50/50. I only want Yanfei C0 from this banner as i already have Zhongli. At some point i would like to get her to C4 because i like the square design of her shield. I have Skyward Pride which is Eula second best weapon so i will try to get her.

Pejo

Gold Member
New BP missions in the new patch:
wkpn7h1dg8v61.jpg

Looks like we're going to have to finally exchange friend codes so we can visit each other's cribs to buy furniture.

Pejo

Gold Member
Whew, 2nd knife wielding lunatic arrested on MHY's corporate campus in 3 weeks.

On second read, this might just be the same story I posted from April 5th, just reported much later.

*edit*

Another article claiming to be fact checked saying it's true, and it's a new one. So it really is 2 in a month.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
You know what? I never did collect 100 Mond/Liyue specialties.
That was always one of the easiest ones for me. I usually had both of those done by end of day Monday. The hardest part was remembering not to exhaust the materials after Friday so they'd all be respawned.

Anyway, full patch notes:

Looks like they added in that if you co-op with only 1 other person, you get double friendship xp for 2 characters. Interesting.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

That was always one of the easiest ones for me. I usually had both of those done by end of day Monday. The hardest part was remembering not to exhaust the materials after Friday so they'd all be respawned.

Anyway, full patch notes:

Looks like they added in that if you co-op with only 1 other person, you get double friendship xp for 2 characters. Interesting.
Did you just have to clear up shop in the cities?

Fuz

Banned
Whew, 2nd knife wielding lunatic arrested on MHY's corporate campus in 3 weeks.

On second read, this might just be the same story I posted from April 5th, just reported much later.

*edit*

Another article claiming to be fact checked saying it's true, and it's a new one. So it really is 2 in a month.

I mean, they kinda asked for it.
You know what? I never did collect 100 Mond/Liyue specialties.
I always do, it's super fast and you'll always need materials anyway.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
New BP missions in the new patch:
wkpn7h1dg8v61.jpg

Looks like we're going to have to finally exchange friend codes so we can visit each other's cribs to buy furniture.

I find this fine. Never like much collecting 100 of each region. Annoying stuff.

As for the Wolf domain...not sure I get it. He wants you to beat it 3 times, even though it only rewards you once? Nobody gonna beat it 3 times.

Saber

Gold Member
So far I find his kit very interesting. His burst kind remind me a bit of Jean skill, but with some adds.

Highly interested.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
As for the Wolf domain...not sure I get it. He wants you to beat it 3 times, even though it only rewards you once? Nobody gonna beat it 3 times.
I think it's the monthly challenge, so once a week is enough.
So far I find his kit very interesting. His burst kind remind me a bit of Jean skill, but with some adds.

Highly interested.
Shame it's another anemo. Would have loved for him to be fire :\
He's basically Venti 2.0

Last edited:

crumbs

Agreed. Once you figured out some good routes, you could knock it out in like 10 minutes per region. They make it really easy in Mondstadt, there's always specialties located near the warp points and statues.

That said, it's probably a good thing they're mixing things up on the BP. I'm not really feeling the housing stuff (trying to keep an open mind), so hopefully those tasks aren't too annoying to complete.

Pejo

Gold Member
Did you just have to clear up shop in the cities?
Nah I have a route to just collect shit. Mostly Valberries for Mondstadt and those chili things in Liyue, though I do farm some of the more annoying materials each week just out of habit, like Philanemo mushrooms and Violetgrass. Once you have a route planned out it takes no time at all.
Poor Amber...
Pft, Amber was just toying with them. Need I remind you...
R1O8nvx.gif

TVvsktQ.gif

Cool, so it sounds like the leaks were off a bit, but were correct that he is Anemo. I was really hoping for that double jump TBH. Also, notice that his weapon is a katana. Wonder if they've decided to make a new weapon type, or if it's just a katana made of wind for his moves like JohnLee's Geo spear that he makes during his auto attacks.

I find this fine. Never like much collecting 100 of each region. Annoying stuff.

It means that you need to beat any 3 of the bosses (wolf, Dvalin, Cheld) a combination of 3 times. Not sure if that means we'll be able to fight one multiple times and collect rewards per week or not. That'd be a nice change for people that are trying to get specific talent materials.

let's be honest this guy looks exactly like aether, there's no difference.
The Cooler Aether™

I was so happy to see Guardian Tales in this list at a decent amount. If there's any gacha game that deserves success, it's that one. Genshin blew everything else out of the fucking water though.
Agreed. Once you figured out some good routes, you could knock it out in like 10 minutes per region. They make it really easy in Mondstadt, there's always specialties located near the warp points and statues.

That said, it's probably a good thing they're mixing things up on the BP. I'm not really feeling the housing stuff (trying to keep an open mind), so hopefully those tasks aren't too annoying to complete.
I think it's hard to get excited about housing right now because other than making and setting stuff, there's nothing to do there. It's gonna be way better when we can garden/fish/interact with characters there. If I'm being honest, I think housing is just the first step for them towards making a dungeon builder utility for players. That way we make our own content and it takes a lot of the pressure off of them. Like a Mario Maker for domains.

Saber

Gold Member
It means that you need to beat any 3 of the bosses (wolf, Dvalin, Cheld) a combination of 3 times. Not sure if that means we'll be able to fight one multiple times and collect rewards per week or not. That'd be a nice change for people that are trying to get specific talent materials.

Well now, thats sounds sweet. Makes sense.

Top Bottom