• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB.fr: NX reveal Sept, ~PS4K HW, cheapest sys, android OS, tons of 3rd party exclusiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
This reads like fanboy dreaming. There is just no way its going to be on the level of Neo. PS4, sure. But Neo, no. And there shouldnt really be a need to either.

30 games at launch?!!? That has to be made up. I'd love it though.

Why would they be scared by neo and scorpio?

A 299$ regular ps4 is worse for them.

299 ps4 doesn't have mario or that new zelda. If this thing is competitive with games, I'd be all over it.

Nintendo better tighten up with their eshop discounts though.

Well, it's common sense, really.

- Miyamoto said they want the NX to be cheap, as the Wii U's launch price was way too high.
- Kimishima said they won't sell NX at loss.
- Reggie said they don't care about having the higher specs.

Emily's article was poorly worded, yeah, but it doesn't make this one more believable.

NX will be 299$/€ at launch.

DNAbro

Nintendo is screwing themselves over by not revealing this damn thing. Unless it comes out with an incredible gimmick AND is as powerful as PS4 Neo AND has incredible 3rd party support AND is $299 this shitstorm of hype and rumors is going to end up in big pile of disappointment and anti-hype drain.

that's your own fault though.

VanWinkle

Positive NX News = fake

Negative NX News = fact

Am I doing it right?

Anyways, you guys should not be so surprised that right after E3 is finished you are hearing brand new rumors of console performance and developer excitement and enthusiasm for the NX. This is not hard to put together, lol.

Better to be skeptical and turn out pleasantly surprised than have your hopes up and be disappointed. At least when it comes to Nintendo.

What exclusive games do you think the'll give NX?

I could see somethin with Nintendo fully funding a Capcom game because they're doing stuff like that (SF5) but what major game would SE possibly give them?

Monster Hunter? Final Fantasy whatever (not the part of a main series)? Kingdom Hearts? They did release plenty of exclusives on Nintendo consoles.

Glowsquid

Emily Rogers has a track record and is reliable.

not to derail, but tbh I don't think Emily Rogers track record is particularly amazing, and her reputation as a l33t harc0re insider has been helped by the death of the "Gameolosophy" (?) site she used to post "leaks" on. For example, she said Rare was making a Star Fox Adventures remake for the 3DS.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Until one of these "sources" start talking about the gimmick, I'll never believe anything they say about the NX. This one, especially, sounds incredibly fake. Android OS, lol.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
"Operation Reconquer"
"Capcom and Square-Enix"

Good luck with that one.
mjlol.png

I like how everyone believed Emily Rogers when she said it was less powerful than the Xbox One, but when someone says it will be as powerful as the PS4k, which isn't that hard, now no one believes it.

Emily Rogers is far more reliable than anything posted on Gameblog.

Years ago they talked, and wrote clickbait articles for months about a supposedly HD WII (that was not the Wii U), that was abolutely certain to be revealed at E3 that year, but somehow, Nintendo pulled it off at the last minute.

Yeah, no. They are not reliable (and i'm being polite here)

Even if they'll say otherwise, the arrival of new consoles from Sony and Microsoft also have spooked Nintendo a little.

Well wasn't it obvious?? No, no it wasn't. A lot of people here said otherwise.

Good to finally hear this.

Shiggy

not to derail, but tbh I don't think Emily Rogers track record is particularly amazing, and her reputation as a l33t harc0re insider has been helped by the death of the "Gameolosophy" (?) site she used to post "leaks" on. For example, she said Rare was making a Star Fox Adventures remake for the 3DS.

She really did? Rare hasn't had a handheld team for years.

Rodin

NX will be 299$/€ at launch.
Yeah. Maybe less, definitely not more.

Stahp
"Operation Reconquer"
"Capcom and Square-Enix"

Good luck with that one.
mjlol.png
Regardless of the fact that this article is obviously clickbait bullshit and didn't even deserve a thread, these two sh never appeared on a Nintendo console. Never. ;)

That "reconquer" stuff is really laughable though if it isn't a mistranslation, i'll give you that.

SOR5

The idea of Nintendo bringing out a hit console and partnering with publishers isnt far-fetched

The idea of Capcom and Squeenix being loyal agents for the glorious resurrection of Nintendo's plan to consume the world is absolutely fucking stupid

Its all about how you word it

Operation Reconquer? Really? Shut the fuck up, That invalidates the article as some fanboy shit.

But that aside, I've been thinking about what Nintendo could do to have a successful launch of NX. A Few ideas;

1. Bundle Smash 4 HD with every NX. I think this would be huge. Shows good will to those who supported them on Wii U, and get those Smash fans who played Melee and Brawl back in (like me). With Robust online support as well.

2. Power on par with at least PS4 and Xbox One. This should be a given. But it will go a long way to having third party games like FIFA and Call of Duty on the system.

3. Show the NX version of Zelda at their reveal event with improved visuals. Get everybody on that hype.

4. VR capability. It might be a long shot, but Nintendo shouldn't waste their time and money developing their own headset. There's too much at stake for the company. Partner up with Oculus and call it a day. Make the NX Rift compatible and appease some of the hardcore gamers. A pie in the sky idea would be to make a new Metroid Prime VR. They could probably produce some great visuals and make a VR killer app and get the hardcore fans on board.

5. Another long shot, but this should probably be number 1 on the list. Make a god damn POKEMON game for NX. That shit sells like crazy, just make a full blown console Pokemon game and watch the sales fly.

What you guys think?

Hindl

At first I thought this said as powerful as the PS4, and thought ok maybe. But the Neo? No fucking way. Maybe parts of this are true (Capcom and Square getting lined up with exclusives), but the power stuff? No way

Operation Reconquer? Really? Shut the fuck up, That invalidates the article as some fanboy shit,

But that aside, I've been thinking about what Nintendo could do to have a successful launch of NX. A Few ideas;

1. Bundle Smash 4 HD with every NX. I think this would be huge. Shows good will to those who supported them on Wii U, and get those Smash fans who played Melee and Brawl back in (like me). With Robust online support as well.

2. Power on par with at least PS4 and Xbox. This should be a given. But it will go a long way to having third party games like FIFA and Call of Duty on the system.

3. Show the NX version of Zelda at their reveal event with improved visuals. Get everybody on that hype.

4. VR capability. It might be a long shot, but Nintendo shouldn't waste their time and money developing their own headset. There's too much at stake for the company. Partner up with Oculus and call it a day. Make the NX Rift compatible and appease some of the hardcore gamers. A pie in the sky idea would be to make a new Metroid Prime VR. They could probably produce some great visuals and make a VR killer app and get the hardcore fans on board.

5. Another long shot, but this should probably be number 1 on the list. Make a god damn POKEMON game for NX. That shit sells like crazy, just make a full blown console Pokemon game and watch the sales fly.

What you guys think?

Operation Reconquer is a mistranslation. Even though, yes, the article is unreliable. But not because of a mistranslation from OP.

Majukun

because it is unbelievable. Seriously what are you guys expecting to the NX to be? Do you think Nintendo was anticipating competing against a second wave of more powerful consoles when less than a year ago no one saw that coming?

well,to be honest ,launching in the mid of a generation kinda need for them to deliver something that it's better than the competition,otherwise why a customer should look two times in a row to the NX when ps4 and X1 have already been out fo r years and have already a big catalogue of games and an established user base?

the part that it's unrealistic it's the one about making a cheap console that it's on par with the ps4k,that it's probably not gonna be cheap at all by console standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom