• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB.fr: NX reveal Sept, ~PS4K HW, cheapest sys, android OS, tons of 3rd party exclusiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guevara

I doubt it. Nintendo seems to be completely oblivious to what others do.

They don't know and they don't care what Sony is up to, for example.

Positive NX News = fake

Negative NX News = fact

Am I doing it right?

Anyways, you guys should not be so surprised that right after E3 is finished you are hearing brand new rumors of console performance and developer excitement and enthusiasm for the NX. This is not hard to put together, lol.

Wolfie5

Affordable, but close to Neo. Yeah, I don't think so.

I expect Nintendo to release NX at most for $299 and whatever hardware that will follow.

Eolz

This has to be $300 max, no way they make that price point, especially if they have some of screen-controller attached to it.

Of course, but the rumor here is lower than Neo, higher than regular X1/PS4, which is logical and not hard to do for that price.

Boney

Banned
Translation: Nintendo fans are losing their shit at anything posted, let's post something outlandish and get clicks for free.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Neo and Scorpio aren't replacements to PS4 and XB1 though, Nintendo should be aiming at something that is a bit more powerful than the vanilla consoles and available for around $300-$350. This will ensure that all third-party games are available on the NX. I don't believe this rumour, but I want to. It's highly unlikely that they will be releasing a 4TF console at a reasonable price point, when Andrew House said to expect the Neo to be "expensive."

Glowsquid

This is a mistranslation though. They said "opération reconquête" which is basically an expression used in many context to claim that the point is to get mindshare back.

Yeah, it's not a proper name. A less clunkly translation would be like:

Capcom and Square have been named as major partners for Nintendo [... in what some call internally a "recovery plan"

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"operation "reconquer""

Oh please. This is when fantasists really tip their hand with wank-ass console war language like that.

Patapwn

That's actually the most believable part - Capcom and Square Enix are strongest third-party partners of Nintendo right now.
What exclusive games do you think the'll give NX?

I could see somethin with Nintendo fully funding a Capcom game because they're doing stuff like that (SF5) but what major game would SE possibly give them?

aBarreras

Positive NX News = fake

Negative NX News = fact

Am I doing it right?

Anyways, you guys should not be so surprised that right after E3 is finished you are hearing brand new rumors of console performance and developer excitement and enthusiasm for the NX. This is not hard to put together, lol.

nail int eh head something shometingg

McHuj

The only part I believe is that they wanted to launch in 2016 and had to delay. There's too big of a hole this year for Nintendo.

Chaos17

I like how everyone believed Emily Rogers when she said it was less powerful than the Xbox One, but when someone says it will be as powerful as the PS4k, which isn't that hard, now no one believes it.

Yeah, I don't understand either how Gaffers "choose".

Panda Rin

Of course, but the rumor here is lower than Neo, higher than regular X1/PS4, which is logical and not hard to do for that price.

I can't see how they can make that price point if preceding reports are true that they wish to initially profit from hardware sales.

Translation: Nintendo fans are losing their shit at anything posted, let's post something outlandish and get clicks for free.

They're doing this for everything. They even printed a Vita before releases and claimed to have one.

Oh, linguistic TIL! Thanks. Yeah, it makes way more sense as an idiom. Doesn't really affect the credibility, though.

It's as credible as the most random fan blog.

"operation reconquer"

Fucking lol
Sick-Laugh-GIF.gif

MCN

Banned
Honestly we'll be lucky if the NX is as powerful as an Xbox One, let alone the Neo.

They'd have to try pretty fucking hard and spend a lot of money for it not to be, tbh. Let's not pretend the Xbox One is any kind of powerhouse.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Honestly i like what i'm reading, well apart the fact that nintendo is changing the hardware on the fly(but we already suspected that right?), but i guess/hope they won't mess it up.

18-Volt

Says nothing new. I don't believe Nintendo would release underpowered console again, that would be a shot in the head and I'm sure they know it. You have to be real dumb to release a console with years old tech after a year that only had 4 Wii U games.

I am so not getting my hopes up, especially after what Reggie said. And could Ninty actually have known about the Neo?

Again, keeping my expectations low but this would be fucking sweet.

I like how everyone believed Emily Rogers when she said it was less powerful than the Xbox One, but when someone says it will be as powerful as the PS4k, which isn't that hard, now no one believes it.

Emily Rogers has a track record and is reliable. Sometimes she may jump on the gun or cant foresee when Nintendo changes their plans. But she's mostly on spot. Gameblog ? Lol.

The only part I believe is that they wanted to launch in 2016 and had to delay. There's too big of a hole this year for Nintendo.

Yup. Some of that reasoning would make sense. A few months to retool the hardware chain? lol

That's the same fanaticism that permeates some Neo threads ("they're going to retool to 1-up Microsoft!!1!!). These things need tape outs and testing and more testing at the uarch level for months and years.

The only possible actual leak in regards to the NX is its CPU being better than the potatos in the current paywall twins.

Rodin

Well, it's common sense, really.

- Miyamoto said they want the NX to be cheap, as the Wii U's launch price was way too high.
- Kimishima said they won't sell NX at loss.
- Reggie said they don't care about having the higher specs.

Emily's article was poorly worded, yeah (she didn't even say that the console is less powerful than the One in real world performances, because she doesn't know), but it doesn't make this one more believable.

For me, we're still looking at a console with a ARM A72 CPU and a 1-1.2tflops Nvidia GPU, which is plenty good as a jump from the WiiU and to get ports from other consoles, without skyrocketing the price.

DNAbro

because it is unbelievable. Seriously what are you guys expecting to the NX to be? Do you think Nintendo was anticipating competing against a second wave of more powerful consoles when less than a year ago no one saw that coming?

Ponn

Banned
Nintendo is screwing themselves over by not revealing this damn thing. Unless it comes out with an incredible gimmick AND is as powerful as PS4 Neo AND has incredible 3rd party support AND is $299 this shitstorm of hype and rumors is going to end up in a big pile of disappointment and anti-hype drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom