• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB.fr: NX reveal Sept, ~PS4K HW, cheapest sys, android OS, tons of 3rd party exclusiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

I wouldn't believe the "power close to Neo" bit, the other infos are believable, especially the deals with Japanese 3rd parties.
Also don't expect anything from the Western ones.

it all depends on the price point Nintendo wants.

If they are in the $249-$300 price range, I don't see why they can't lie in terms of power somewhere between the ps4 and ps4 neo.

If they are going for sub $200, then ya, probably around ps4's power.

Exile20

Oh God, please no. We don't need that crap as a hub on a new system. It's one of the worst apps I've ever installed. Not only the content is poor, also the coding (requires his account of space, has lots of loading).

Not sure how credible this is anyway. Didn't they say it's not Android-based?

I don't think the same people who made the android app are the same one who is making the OS. Come on now.

Capcom and Square-Enix are part of Nintendo's allies in what is considered to be operation "reconquer"
They better if they want to succeed in Japan.

Level-5 is another huge Nintendo ally.

I'm counting on Atlus and Marvelous too.

Let's make gaming great again.

Averon

Making a PS4 Neo level machine and also claiming it will be more affordable that what Sony and MS will offer doesn't click with me. The Neo is $399 machine at minimum. Unless Nintendo is planning on subsidizing the NX, the NX is be around $399 as well.

Majukun

yeah the part about not focusing on power and not wanting to make it too pricey but being as good as the ps4neo doesn't make that much sense,since the new sony console SHOULD be both pricey and powerful fro what we know

basically the rumors sound like a collection of gamer hopes that i don't know if are realistic at all

Pizza

Big laugh at Capcom and SE as Nintendo warriors in 'Operation Reconquer'

I'd shit my pants if Nintendo is actually doing this shit, but they're not. I'm calling it now, but I hope I'm wrong:

u2.jpg

LMAO sounds like fan fiction written by a 12 year old

"Operation reconquer"

Never have I heard a phrase so obviously oust something as fake fanboy drivel.

Operation bullshit fake bullshit.

That part got me lol

Yeah just read that part. Let's go ahead and lock the thread now. Lol

Reads like a fanboyish prediction, and I'm not talking about power levels and whatnot. The Miitomo bit is insanely suspicious.

Oh wow, ha ha. Confirmed bollocks.

Seems more like fanboy wish fulfillment scenarios. "Operation Reconquer," lol.

Maybe Operation Reconquer is the code name for Ninty to buy back Conker from MS?

That's a mistranslation though from OP.

Rumor or not, I would absolutely love to see Miitomo get tied into the new system. Release a big update that makes it like Tomodachi Life x Miiverse and you'd have an awesome way to connect with friends.

SOR5

Project Cafe, Revolution, Nitro, Ultra 64

Reconquer just doesnt fit, its a mistranslation or complete lies

Eolz

Yeah, as said before, Gameblog is a big outlet in France but not a good one either. They still have some tidbits of info right before anyone else (for better or worse)...

Big laugh at Capcom and SE as Nintendo warriors in 'Operation Reconquer'

To be fair, when you look at Capcom and Nintendo's relationship, it wouldn't be surprising at all.

This is a mistranslation though. They said "opération reconquête" which is basically an expression used in many context to claim that the point is to get mindshare back.

Yep.

"Close to power of PS4Neo"

"cheap"

choose one.

The Neo isn't Scorpio.

"We had the inside scoop on the console hardware and Nintendo's grand scheme to recapture third-party support but somehow have nothing to say about the console's differentiating factor. Zut alors!"

Chaos17

Lesson learned from last thread about NX: let's stop with the rumors and wait fall to have real official news xD

Brofield

8 player mayhem means they better focus on 4K if only so each person's screen isn't too pixely.

Assuming you can even fit that many squares on a single screen.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
God, Nintendo, hurry the fuck up and show this motherfucking thing off already, so we can finally put ALL OF THESE RUMORS to rest.

Shiggy

I don't think the same people who made the android app are the same one who is making the OS. Come on now.

Well, doesn't change the fact that the app content is also incredibly poor. They would need to start from scratch if they want to make it into something usable, at that point you could nearly call it Miitomo-based anymore.

And well, the 3DS and Wii U OS weren't particularly well received either.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I'll believe it when I see it.

We went through this shit with the last TWO Nintendo console launches. Even AFTER they launched, there were still some folks desperately trying to find the secret hidden power inside.

No fucking way I am getting my hopes up after Nintendo has spent the last 10-15 years releasing nothing but modest-at-best hardware.

I like how everyone believed Emily Rogers when she said it was less powerful than the Xbox One, but when someone says it will be as powerful as the PS4k, which isn't that hard, now no one believes it.

I consider the "operation reconquer" bit to be an idea they just wrote based on information they have, not some dumb codename that Nintendo uses internally.

- Due for launch in November 2016.

- Revision due to being spooked by MS/Sony

- Console out 4 months later then proposal (March 2017).

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom