• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Opening Night |OT| Dorito Pope Dreams of Next Gen

dyergram

R&C looked amazing and I thought cod looked pretty impressive as well. The only game I actually want to play was that weird Swedish smashy minecraft thing. Also hats off to ea for sticking to the worst possible way to preview games aka ‘it’s way to early to show this game so here’s people at their desk and a short clip of someone telling you their job title’.

Fbh

Had to go back to work so I couldn't see the end.
Though reading through this thread it seems I didn't miss much.

What a shit show, if this is all you have to show why not just cancel the whole thing?

Do people really see that R&C footage and go "man, I really have to play that"? It just looked... ordinary and basic.

For me it's a sort of "If I ever have a Ps5 I'd totally play this" game.
But not a "I need a Ps5 ASAP to play this!!!" sort of game.

Last edited:
Do people really see that R&C footage and go "man, I really have to play that"? It just looked... ordinary and basic.
It was fluid, very fluid and very busy without stopping, pausing or slowing.

It has been too many years since we had the kind of gameplay where it's just manic and mental. Think Halo warthog escape at the end of the game. Full throttle carnage and action.

GeorgPrime

Banned
I guess I am a lucky man :)

Best of the Show:

Surgeon Simulator 2 with co-op mode presented by Doc from Back to the future
Followed closely by SiM4 feeling the force with Star Wars and they craziest crossover of all time Bridge Simulator: Walking Dead

What do you want more?

Last edited:

Aranea

I watched the stream and nothing impressed me that much except maybe the Ratchet and Clank game. Here's looking forward to the Resident Evil 8 trailer sometime this week unless Capcom postpone it. After all Capcom said they would reveal more this month.

SEGA_2012

Guys i just got here! What was announced ? Let me guess:

-Jet Set Radio 3
-Shenmue 4
-Skies of Arcadia HD
-Marvel vs Capcom 4
-Megaman 12
-Last Blade 3
-More info on KOF 15

Right guys ?

SinDelta

Did the hype train crash yet.
This conference - scratch that just about every conference going into last year in a nutshell-
iu

Last edited:

Ozzie666

I was half awake, but correct me if I wrong. Did Syd and IGN award Cyberpunk 2077 game of the year or something?
Just wondering if I heard right and how a game that isn't even out yet, won. Hopefully I heard wrong.

Greeno

So... that Cyberpunk award thingy reminds me of this:

e9ibG0A.jpg

man... Microsoft had a genius marketing team handling their Xbox One run up. If only Don Mattrick's "all-in-one" vision wasn't in the way... The console had everything right except policy. Good launch exclusives, great E3 event (seriously, the best Microsoft E3 event to date), etc.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Still? Last time I saw/heard him was years ago when Joel McHale saved his awards show. You would've expected him to become more comfortable at his job.
Let’s say if he was in basic cable he probably would have been cancelled. (Oh wait, that happened already didn’t it?)

Spike TV.

Chiggs

Seems like my trip to the dentist for the kids today was less painful than this conference.

Every time another one of these happen, it reminds me how much I miss E3.

I have to agree. This was bad. The comedy segments were just awful.

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
Still? Last time I saw/heard him was years ago when Joel McHale saved his awards show. You would've expected him to become more comfortable at his job.
He's more comfortable than ever in his position as a paper cug.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Host ruined it for me. They need Jeff Gerstmann or Cheapy D or anyone who comes off less scripted.
Jeff would suck all the happyness and fun from the room, that guy likes almost nothing and he is grumpy for the sake of it.
I would prefer death incarnate hosting the show before him...

Last edited:

Ristifer

Jeff would suck all the happyness and fun from the room, that guy likes almost nothing and he is grumpy for the sake of it.
I would prefer death incarnate hosting the show before him...
I’d kinda prefer someone grumpy at least.

“Ah, here we go. Another shitty battle royale game...” That would make it more fun to watch.

Top Bottom