• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games we know almost nothing about that you can't wait to play

Midn1ght

Games we know almost nothing about that are in production.
Here's a few I can't wait to play and know more about.

playdead-logo.jpg

PlayDead's Next Game

Limbo came out in July 2010 and Inside 6 years later in June 2016. Over 7 years later, we know very little about their next project, a few screenshots here and there, some UE5 job listing, that the game will be published by Epic Games and a short description on PlayDead's website:
"Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe."
Kinda bummed out that the game is likely gonna be Epic exclusive for a time (Forever?) but I can't wait to see what Playdead is coming up with next.

SQQ4zcn.png

7213652e-bc81-11ed-a23f-02420a000186.webp

Giant Sparrow's Next Game

The poetic "Unfinished Swan" came out on PS3 in 2012 while the beautiful and bittersweet "What remains of Edith Finch" came out in 2017. We don't know much about what their next game will be about but there's a few hints on their website:
"Our next game is still early in development but the focus is on interactions between humans and urban wildlife.
We're drawing inspiration from places like Ico, Windosill, Spirited Away, David Attenborough nature documentaries, along with the spirit of early animators like Winsor McCay and Walt Disney who used (for the time) cutting edge technology to build something that didn't feel technical at all, but instead felt strangely and joyfully alive. That's what we're shooting for."
Giant Sparrow creates unique and beautiful games in my opinion and seeing their next games is inspired by Ghibli and Ico is making me very curious and excited for what's coming next. Can't wait.

IbeW6eqX5mmhTP0yVkbs4knh.png

capsule_616x353.jpg

The Last Night - Odd Tales's First Game

The game was revealed during E3 2017 with a gorgeous trailer and fantastic music. The game director, Tim Soret, got into some internet drama shortly after the reveal because of some old tweet which he apparently apologized about. The game also had funding issue which made Raw Fury and Odd Tales part ways. Nothing much has filter ever since, it's one of those "Is it ever gonna come out" kind of game. The game is still in development and was expecting to make a come back in 2022. Source. Seems like a game caught in development hell but I still hope to see this one come out one day, the trailer and the look of it is just too good.

TLN_E32017_balcony.gif

What about you GAF, what games currently in development with almost zero information about them are you excited to play or learn about?

GymWolf

Wonder where this has vanished to.

This one for me aswell.

No idea what the game is all about and i'm probably gonna hate it if it is a survival, but it is just so charming.

New monster hunter and new bend game for triple A.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

IO Interactive - James Bond
Retro Studios - Metroid Prime 4
Nintendo EPD Tokyo - Next Gen Mario
MonolithSoft - Next Gen project
CD Project Red - Witcher 4 and Witcher Remake

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I actually finally removed The Last Night from my wishlist because I’m convinced it’s never coming out.

I agree with others about Metroid Prime 4, South of Midnight, and Indiana Jones.

I would add Avowed, The Precinct, and Blade Runner 2033.

I heard a…
about the Mario Odyssey team doing a full 3D Donkey Kong game and that idea is mega hype, like straight sign me up for a Switch 2 if it’s true.

MagnesD3

Shadows of the Erdtree, it will be my GOTY whatever year it comes out.

Also whatever the next 3d Mario game is, stick it right inside my adubla.

Last edited:

hinch7

Wolverine is the one I'm most looking forward to. There's also ND's new IP, Pragmata, Mass Effect 4 and Judas.

Edit: Oh and FFIX Remake

Last edited:

Hudo

"Cyberpunk Orion" - CD Projekt
"Indiana Jones Game" - Machine Games
Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate - Armor Project and all the associated studios for this project
Dragon Quest III: HD-2D Remake - Armor Project and AMATA K.K.
Age of Mythology: Retold - Dunno whether World's Edge have enlisted Tantalus Media for it or not, who knows.
New 3D Mario - Nintendo
Whatever the fuck Monolith Soft do next
Metaphor Re Fantazio - Atlus (I'd say that we don't really know anything until we see some solid gameplay)

The Plucky Squire is the only game I've seen a trailer for that I have some weird looking forward to play feeling.
I hear Jusant has a demo somewhere but I want to play that too.

Humdinger

I agree about the Giant Sparrow game. That looks intriguing.

I would've said the next Elder Scrolls, prior to Starfield. Now I'm not so sure.

StueyDuck

i am going to get soooo much hate for this comment, but fuck it imma say it anyway.

i think this game is kind of going for the same vibes as outer worlds and starfield (more the outerworlds, ie spaceships, loading screens, new locations, sandbox gameplay, immersive sim-lite)

and i think it's gonna blow those games away, as much as people hated infinite for not being the game originally promised it was still a great time to play, this is gonna be outer worlds/starfield X Bio/System shock

Last edited:

Koenigssee

The next game by Lucas Pope / Ville Kailio / Konstantin Koshutin.

Don't really care about AAA all that much anymore tbh.

A lot already mentioned so I'll go with whatever Bend is working on. Days Gone was so fun that I'm instantly in for whatever they're working on next.

NickFire

Wolverine is the only game I know of, know very little about, and can't wait to play.

Rockstar games don't make the list currently. Letting RDR2 sit there without a 60 FPS patch for PS5 makes me believe they are just suits looking at spreadsheets these days.

Corian33

Unicorn Overlord

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_09-20-23_070.jpg
Unicorn-Overlord_2023_09-20-23_004.jpg

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_09-20-23_049.jpg

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/unicorn-overlord-details-story-world-characters-and-game-systems

I only became aware of this game yesterday from a Facebook ad. The algorithms for once hitting me with exactly what I want. It’s a tactical strategy RPG kind of thing from Atlus and the team behind 13 Sentinels. Reminds me of Ogre Battle 64 and FFT even if not exactly the same thing. Inject directly into my veins!

And yes, it has a silly name, like all the best Japanese games.

Top Bottom