• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers Club Unlocked Appreciation Thread (saving $$$ for the console/handheld gamer)

The deal is still going on, they extended it for another week.

image.php

Sorry if this was asked, but can I stack years like I can for a psn membership? I want to take advantage of that cheap GCU membership deal

//ARCANUM

I saw someone say that Best Buy is doing the 50% bonus trade in credit this week. But I can't find anywhere that shows that officially. Can anyone confirm please?

//ARCANUM

Thanks for the quick responses everyone! I've never done the trade in at Best Buy before. How does the credit work? Do I have to get something right then? Or will they put it on a gift card? And if they do, can I use it to preorder something online? (Wanting to preorder Persona Q limited edition which doesn't have store pickup available.) thanks!

I just pre-ordered the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Bundle (Gamecube Controller + Adapter). What are the chances of getting it this friday? I selected express shipping since store pickup isn't available.

Joei

Anyone ever have any issues buying stuff in store with GCU? I signed up a few weeks ago, it's listed that I'm a GCU member on my My Best Buy profile, yet when I went to buy a game, they brought up my My Rewards and the guy said I wasn't listed as having GCU. He still gave me 12$ off (actually, he knocked the price down to 47 and used Price Match), which was great and all, but I don't want to have to go through that every time.

I really love GCU, I just wish Best Buy had more Vita games :/

Friday's going to be painful for my wallet

I'm going to get:
-Smash Bros Bundle
-Omega Ruby
-Probably an Amiibo
-Smash Bros Collector's Strategy Guide since it'd only be $12.50 with the coupon

💰

overcast

Thanks for the quick responses everyone! I've never done the trade in at Best Buy before. How does the credit work? Do I have to get something right then? Or will they put it on a gift card? And if they do, can I use it to preorder something online? (Wanting to preorder Persona Q limited edition which doesn't have store pickup available.) thanks!
It goes on a gift card. I'm sure you can preorder something with it.

netguy503

Um guys its now been a full 15 days since my COD AW purchase on the 3rd and neither the points for the game or the $10 back is showing up on my account. In fact all my purchases from 11/3-11/6 are still in pending. What do I do? I'm buying GTA5 PS4 today that I'm going to fully pay off with a giftcard so I know I wont get points but I better get that $10 back (I did pre-order). I don't know what to do, this is the first time it's ever taken this long, and I really like supporting this company. :(

Um guys its now been a full 15 days since my COD AW purchase on the 3rd and neither the points for the game or the $10 back is showing up on my account. In fact all my purchases from 11/3-11/6 are still in pending. What do I do? I'm buying GTA5 PS4 today that I'm going to fully pay off with a giftcard so I know I wont get points but I better get that $10 back (I did pre-order). I don't know what to do, this is the first time it's ever taken this long, and I really like supporting this company. :(

You should probably get it issued to you later today. From what I recall, it was the 15th day after I purchased Destiny and Sunset Overdrive that the $10 Reward Cert was issued. But there could be a little variance here or there. If you don't get it by the end of the week, I'd contact Best Buy.

Welp the pre-order thing doesn't work with Nintendo games is kind of BS.

What are they talking about they mention "new"? Like just sealed games?

(Example:I want to buy a game released 2 years ago it's 49.99 new. Does 20% still apply or is there a time limit)

Orayn

Welp the pre-order thing doesn't work with Nintendo games is kind of BS.

What are they talking about they mention "new"? Like just sealed games?

Are you talking about the $10 gift card thing? Because that's only ever worked with specific games.

And yeah, the 20% off is for sealed games and Skylanders/Infinity figures. Ammibo too, I think?

shwimpy

I just pre-ordered the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Bundle (Gamecube Controller + Adapter). What are the chances of getting it this friday? I selected express shipping since store pickup isn't available.
Probably really good. I preordered Dragon Age this past weekend and it shipped yesterday and was delivered today.

//ARCANUM

How is Best Buy with delivering pre-orders on release day? I just pre-ordered Persona Q and there were no shipping options available other than free pre-order shipping. Will it arrive on release day?

How is Best Buy with delivering pre-orders on release day? I just pre-ordered Persona Q and there were no shipping options available other than free pre-order shipping. Will it arrive on release day?

My single experience so far was for Project Diva f 2nd and it arrived on release day. I've heard very mixed reports from people who order from BB often, though.

//ARCANUM

My single experience so far was for Project Diva f 2nd and it arrived on release day. I've heard very mixed reports from people who order from BB often, though.

Cool thank you! I can deal with it being late, as long as it arrives (I canceled my Amazon preorder :/)

Jarrod357

Neo Member
Is there any way to get around the fact that you don't earn points on purchase made with a gift card? I used the gift card I got for trading in games to buy GTA v and it shows 0 points and no $10 certificate in purchase history. Am I doing something wrong? I preordered online and it was shipped to my house.

jbug617

Banned

It has been pretty reliable for delivering on release day. I get the most problems with getting Nintendo published games on release day. They usually come a couple of day later (probably because of Nintendo's weird release dates).

Just preordered Persona Q for 3DS. GCU brought it down to normal 3DS game price (saving me $10—half of what I recently paid for my 2 year membership) and will be delivered release day. Amazon order cancelled.

...Feels pretty good.

I am a bit bummed at how random the expedited shipping and $10 credit offers are (Bloodborne only offers Standard shipping for example), but I can drive to a Best Buy for release day pickup whenever I really can't wait so it's fine.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
It Worked! I was getting all paranoid but it range up $48 ($43 w/ deposit) when I got to the register to pick up GTA5. But now I have a few questions.

Is there supposed to be any warning of the incoming $10 cert? Or will it just show up one day soonish? When does TIV start tailing off? I want to toss GTA5 before it starts devaluing. Is this week a 50% deal or something? The TIV's that are usually $40 are $28 right now.

Lum1n3s

Question, I'm signed under the GC membership and I also have a Best Buy Mastercard, so if I buy a game with it does that mean I earn 2.5 points per dollar plus 2x the points on new games?

Psykoboy2

Question, I'm signed under the GC membership and I also have a Best Buy Mastercard, so if I buy a game with it does that mean I earn 2.5 points per dollar plus 2x the points on new games?

Unless there's some fine print you haven't read, I don't see why not.

You earn 1 base point + 1 GCU point + 1.5 credit card points = 3.5 points per dollar spent, or 7% back on all game purchases.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to get around the fact that you don't earn points on purchase made with a gift card? I used the gift card I got for trading in games to buy GTA v and it shows 0 points and no $10 certificate in purchase history. Am I doing something wrong? I preordered online and it was shipped to my house.

Ah, this would make sense. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any points. Especially since their site said I'd get them, but at the final checkout page it said otherwise.

I've been using a card I got for taking advantage of that $300 360 trade in mistake and haven't gotten any points.

Apex_Predator

Neo Member
I signed up for this on the 6th and have never had more issues with a retailer in my life. For some odd reason, which is fairly common, my gamers club unlocked does not register at the store and I always have to go through some hassle of picking up my games and getting the proper points and stuff for them. Went to pre-order GTA, Smash, and DA3 and it took me an hour and a half. It's a great deal, but be prepared to have issues.

Ah, this would make sense. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any points. Especially since their site said I'd get them, but at the final checkout page it said otherwise.

I've been using a card I got for taking advantage of that $300 360 trade in mistake and haven't gotten any points.
Yeah, it is delayed since I got my points 2 weeks after purchase.
I got a $10 rebate though. Using it with Smash.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it is delayed since I got my points 2 weeks after purchase.
I got a $10 rebate though. Using it with Smash.

I haven't gotten anything and have no points pending except ones for the games I traded in a couple days ago.

0 for Tales of Xillia which I got when I did the GCU deal, 0 for Bayonetta 2 which I got with the gift card from the games I traded in. When I preordered Captain Toad yesterday, it said I was going to get points at the first checkout page, but after I put in my gift card as the payment method it dropped to 0 points.

Flunkie

Banned
This is an awesome deal. I just did it after preordering DA:I, GTAV, and FC4. They let me "return" the preorders (but still got preorder bonuses), get GCU for $30, and then gave me GCU discounts for all three games when I bought them back. I ended up with a $40 gift card in my pocket. With an existing $50 gift card I got from buying an iPad Air 2, I got all three for close to $100 even with tax and all.

I haven't gotten anything and have no points pending except ones for the games I traded in a couple days ago.

0 for Tales of Xillia which I got when I did the GCU deal, 0 for Bayonetta 2 which I got with the gift card from the games I traded in. When I preordered Captain Toad yesterday, it said I was going to get points at the first checkout page, but after I put in my gift card as the payment method it dropped to 0 points.
Interesting.
Perhaps it only gives points on things taxable like Cash and Credit?
I remember getting a rebate got rid of some points. Luckily I got my points gift card before they subtracted my points.

You don't get point when you use GCs.

I just purchased GTAV yesterday using a GC and have points pending on the transaction, granted it's only points for the actual cash amount I paid but that makes sense to me.

It could either be me, or just be site matinence, but...

Just logged in to the Best Buy site, and not only does it not show my 6-year membership, but doesn't apply the discount automatically to my games. I ordered some stuff a week ago with the discount and they arrived today, but after logging in my discount isn't being applied.

I'm not ordering anything until Saturday, so if I haven't figured it out by then I'll chat with site help.

Top Bottom