• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepro says Xenon (Xbox Next) screenshot is real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I was 9. The article in question
5DDgYuc.jpeg
Fellow deadpan Eumellia enjoyer.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I vaguely remember some kid posted a picture of a prototype Xbox 360 console that his dad (MS employee) brought home. Everybody piled on him and told him how much of a dumbass he was for putting his dad’s job in jeopardy. The kid responded by saying that he was told he’s allowed to share pictures of everything except for the power brick.

Pretty sure that was some viral marketing/fake “leak” that backfired. Anybody remember what I’m talking about?

SkylineRKR

I was 22 when this thread was made. In 2004 I was playing PS2.

Awesome generation. I ended up having all 3 consoles at some point, and the Dreamcast before those which I abandoned in 2002 or so. The GC had its share of games I wanted (Resident Evil), the Xbox had its share (DoA, Ninja Gaiden, PGR) and the PS2 ofcourse (Final Fantasy).

The Xbox 360 was first unveiled and I didn't think much of it yet. I wasn't interested at first. But then they launched it with PGR3, Kameo, Condemned, CoD2 etc. And DoA 4 soon afterward. I was kind of hyped by its online play and supposed HD visuals. Ended up getting one in spring 2006, played a ton of PDZ online actually (the game was trash, but playing online on console was quite novel at the time), and bought some Xbox games for 10 bucks a piece like Halo 2 and NG Black.

It was absolutely great. I still bought some magazines here and there, and video previews and reviews started to surface online. GT was my go to.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was wondering why the picture in the OP wasn’t loading… then I realized this thread was 20 years old.

OP, surely you must have known what you were doing. How long did you have to spend digging to find this thread?

nush

I couldn't say anything at the time because NDA's and not wanting to suicide my career but I was working with Xenon hardware not too long after this post. The whole seat of their pants get it out the door by any mean necessary that was touched on in the MSFT Xbox history documentary from just a few years ago was absolutely true.

They didn't give a fuck who you were, what your contract was, what your connection was, even if you were not a MSFT employee. If you had access to the hardware and provided valid "beta tester" feedback they would A) Listen B) Include that in the technical documentation, which for me meant known technical bugs.

I sincerely miss the good ol' Microsoft of the XBOX 360 era.

Sony had some tough competition back then...

And I strongly believe that franchises need to have a continuity in terms of leadership.

Gears of War was highly successful under CliffyB. Not so much after he left.

Nintendo gets it (Miyamoto is still behind the Mario series, Aonuma behind Zelda etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom