• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

Wx2BDDa.jpg

2 weeks

sangreal

so they'll leak 'em again?

awesome!

I said live, not early :|

Hope they don't leak this time but that is pretty standard for big hbo shows

A bigger annoyance is that HBO Now and HBO Go start before the live HBO broadcast so people in this thread are a few minutes ahead

Ovid

A bigger annoyance is that HBO Now and HBO Go start before the live HBO broadcast so people in this thread are a few minutes ahead

I always wondered if you could skip to the end as soon as the show starts.

No screeners this year, so a leak is less likely.
I always wondered if you could skip to the end as soon as the show starts.
You can, not that you would want to of course.

Nameless

Now that Cersei has Joffrey's haircut I look forward to her getting back to her "You win or you die" self and cleansing King's Landing of religious fanaticism. At least until Jon & Meli bring the R'hllor's Light south!

Curufinwe

I appreciate the links. I was just wondering if they were in any danger of getting shut down.

The disconnect between some of the actors' real accents and their GoT accents can be quite pronounced. For some reason it really sticks out to me with Ian Glen.

Some nice salt from Benioff when he was asked if he had any messages for the fans:

"We've listened, you know, and a lot of people were upset about violence and darkness, and so this season no one gets hurt and nothing bad happens to anybody, and it's kind of the happy season."

Curufinwe

It is much easier to hold an iPhone that way if you only have one hand free. I recorded a bunch of songs at a concert last weekend that way because getting the sound was the main thing.

Aurongel

It is much easier to hold an iPhone that way if you only have one hand free. I recorded a bunch of songs at a concert last weekend that way because getting the sound was the main thing.
If that were really true then why weren't you just using the actual audio recording app...?

Curufinwe

I don't think I've ever used that, but I would rather have some visual content to go along with the audio, anyway. I'm not uploading the videos anywhere so the verticality won't be bothering anyone else.

Curufinwe

Seasons 7 and 8 may be smaller than usual and only combine for a total of 13 episodes.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-end-date-season-8-1201752746/

“I think we’re down to our final 13 episodes after this season. We’re heading into the final lap,” said Benioff. “That’s the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone, but that’s what we’re looking at.”

To live up to the standard they’ve set for themselves — and fans — Weiss and Benioff said they can’t continue to produce 10 episodes of the show in the show’s usual 12- or 14-month time frame. “It’s crossing out of a television schedule into more of a mid-range movie schedule,” Weiss said.

Ovid

Have Varys or Littlefinger ever at least acknowledged what has happened north of the wall?
In terms of the WW? Nope.

The wildlings marching on The Wall? Nope.

Wildings making it to The Wall via Jon? Nope.

As far as I know, neither Varys nor Littlefinger have spies up there. Why should they lol.

In terms of the WW? Nope.

The wildlings marching on The Wall? Nope.

Wildings making it to The Wall via Jon? Nope.

As far as I know, neither Varys nor Littlefinger have spies up there. Why should they lol.

I didn't think so.

But you're right, why should they. There's no power there, nothing for them to gain from having information North of The Wall. Except for Varys, since on several occasions he's done something, or at least spoke of his intentions being "for the good of the realm".

Considering how many birdies they've got all over the place and how much they know, especially in regards to significant events, you'd think they would know something.

Ovid

Varys is such a mystery but genuinely believe that all he cares about is peace within the realm. If that means maintaining the status quo by supporting the Lannister's so be it. He is the complete opposite of Baelish, who loves chaos.

Varys is such a mystery but genuinely believe that all he cares about is peace within the realm. If that means maintaining the status quo by supporting the Lannister's so be it. He is the complete opposite of Baelish, who loves chaos.

I can't wait to see his reaction once he learns that Sansa is gone. Hopefully this is her season, no more setting herself up for failure.

The leak last time was terrible. I had to wait forever to see what occurred with the rest of the season. I doubt that HBO will send out DVD screeners in the same way they did last time.

Ovid

Ah, I'm up to S4E1 of my rewatch it appears to me that Gendry's purpose would be to create Valyerian steel weapons.

The scene in S3 when he's speaking to Anguy (member of the Brotherhood Without Banners) about creating steel tip arrows put the thought into my head. What would be the purpose of such a scene? Then in S4 when Tywin is talking to Jamie about there only being three smiths alive that can rework Valyerian steel clichéd it.

Gendry is considered a really good smith. Remember he made that bull helmet.

All I really want is for Cersei to utterly slaughter the church. Every man, woman and child. Just complete carnage for an entire episode.

As long as I get that this season, I'm fine with anything else. Don't even bring Jon back to life, fuck it. Just let Bob Strong style on people.

Ovid

All I really want is for Cersei to utterly slaughter the church. Every man, woman and child. Just complete carnage for an entire episode.

As long as I get that this season, I'm fine with anything else. Don't even bring Jon back to life, fuck it. Just let Bob Strong style on people.
I think that's what's going to happen and shit is gonna get out of control. Cersi is just not going to give a fuck, sort of like the Mad King.

I think Jamie is going to see that and confront Cersi about, ending with him fighting Zombie Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom