• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Really? Amazon UK has 1.5 hours of extra bonus features than the Amazon US version?

Amazon US has no exclusive content. So whilst you'll get the standard amount of bonus features that everyone else does, you're missing out on 1.5 hours of bonus features you can get elsewhere.

In America, this 1.5 hours of features is spread across Best Buy, Target, Barnes & Noble etc. exclusives.

In the UK, all of this content is consolidated onto one bonus disc from Amazon UK.

dLMN8R

Curufinwe

So which retailer exclusive for GoT Season 5 blu ray is everyone getting tomorrow? I am torn between the Bestbuy Martel exclusive and the Target Exclusive with bonus content.

My wife works near a Best Buy so I've asked her to get the Targaryen edition at lunch today. I think it looks the nicest and is worth the extra $3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are they serious with the DVD for Season 5 being 75$ CAN at Best Buy? I mean holy shit, I was lucky enough that it was for 43$ for the "special" launch price, plus the 34$ I still had in gift card... but damn.

Let's not even mention the bluray. The Bolton Sigil packaging is 100$ CAN(54$ for the next 2 days).

Curufinwe

I watched the first two episodes tonight. The commentary was fine, but the history segments were great. Particularly Barristan talking about his time in the Kings guard.

Curufinwe

Overall I don't think the episode commentaries were as good this season. Possibly because the people on them were in difficult locations so often, leading to a lot of pauses and dead air. Sophie Turner wasn't on the episode 6 commentary with Maisie Williams because of those pesky X-men, but it was one of the better ones.

I thought the War Of the Roses and Dance of Dragons features were extremely good. Hearing from Joffrey, Catelyn and Oberyn as voice overs for the DoD animation was a really nice surprise.

Vashetti

Banned
I never understood everyone asking if Jon is really dead. Of course he is, we saw him die on screen.

The question is whether he'll be revived. Which of course he will.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I feel like with Milesandre at Castle Black, they gave us enough. Even someone like me, who never read a page of the books, and has been incredibly successful avoiding even minor spoilers (all these years watching, never had a single spoiler, amazingly) and even I know what's up. It's not really a question. I mean enough time goes by and thinking about, I've psyched myself out a couple times with "what if", but really... no. Not when you look at it realisticly. They spent quite a lot of show, laying the groundwork and foreshadowing, then moving all the pieces into place. Milesandre was the tell. And also just not believing they have the balls to end a season that way. No... it's pretty obvious.

Edit: holy shit book people wtf.

iNvid02

they're gonna make us wait all season long aren't they, just cutting to his lifeless body once in awhile, but only delivering the goods right at the end

;_;

Nameless

they're gonna make us wait all season long aren't they, just cutting to his lifeless body once in awhile, but only delivering the goods right at the end

;_;

Nah, I think it'll be within the first 3-4 episodes. They still need to leave enough time to show him rallying the Wildlings and Nothern houses to his side and building his army.

Curufinwe

Last year they sent out screeners of the first four episodes and they got leaked, right? Hopefully this year they aren't going to let anyone see episodes in advance.

rambis

Banned
It would be pretty fun is the resurrection was in episode 9
I would want it mid season. As long as we get more development of that situation because it seems like the most important thing right now in that world. That and whatever Bran is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom