• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developers Choice Awards 2014 Thread: Watch Live March 19, 2014

aly

lol because we all know that a traditionally Western-centric awards show not having a strong representation of Japanese developers is a sign of Japanese games becoming irrelevant.

Not talking about just this show, but just in general with certain trends. I don't think anyone enjoys that.

Those attacks against Anita were wrong. However, her videos are misleading and inaccurate. She did'nt do anything to deserve this imo. Sit down Druckman.
Not that surprising though considering Neil invited Anita to his studio to have an exclusive look at the TLoU DLC and other stuff. They really seem to like her for whatever reason.

wildfire

Banned
So criticizing Anita is considered sexist now? Boy I should play play that card more often someone disagreed with me!

I'll just say this. She got an award for an ambassador. They don't usually do this and obviously only make this award for special cases. They wanted her there and the speech was appropriate. Any attack on her made about her speech at the GDC makes you either stupid or sexist and I doubt you guys are idiots. Stop pretending.

J-Rzez

Why not for even something like GDC awards get a gamer, a fan, to host this award ceremony? Shouldn't it be a little flattering for devs to receive their recognition and award from someone they're making their game for?

They maybe a little awkward, but it maybe better than this forced humor from an anonymous developer face.

Not that surprising though considering Neil invited Anita to his studio to have an exclusive look at the TLoU DLC and other stuff. They really seem to like her for whatever reason.

The cinic in me thinks is good publicity as she is a opinion leader in a hot topic (that, to be clear, is really big and needs to be explored).

I'll just say this. She got an award for an ambassador. They don't usually do this and obviously only make this award for special cases. They wanted her there and the speech was appropriate. Any attack on her made about her speech at the GDC makes you either stupid or sexist and I doubt you guys are idiots. Stop pretending.

I don't have issue with discussing the topic. I have problem with trying to make a political/activist point with an award, specially when you put a figurehead in a pedestal.

aly

Well that explains some things.

I don't care about her speech and as a woman I agree with her cause and that its a talk that needs to be had not only about games, but movie and TV as well. However, I don't agree with the way she goes about it, especially in some of her videos. So no, I'm not stupid or sexist for disagreeing with her.

Top Bottom