• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developers Choice Awards 2014 Thread: Watch Live March 19, 2014

ckohler

Yep. I actually think it was a decent award show.

I like this awards show because the votes only come from devs, there isn't any annoying music acts/celebs and it celebrates the creators, not just the games.

However, Tim was a better host in years past because he's genuinely funny and has comedic timing. Abbie has heart but her jokes were bad and she kept treating the audience like kindergardeners.

I like this awards show because the votes only come from devs, there isn't any annoying music acts/celebs and it celebrates the creators, not just the games.

However, Tim was a better host in years past because he's genuinely funny and has comedic timing. Abbie has heart but her jokes were bad and she kept treating the audience like kindergardeners.

Yep, Tim is way better host. But at least Abbie showed enthusiasm.

Zia

Disappointed that Zelda won over all of the other great games (I would've taken Device 6, Fire Emblem or Tearaway), but overall the show played out about how I expected. A great collection of work this year.

N.Domixis

Banned
Sony is lucky they have naughty dog. They should close down guerrilla games and evolution to expand naughty dog into more teams.

Makai

Disappointed that Zelda won over all of the other great games (I would've taken Device 6, Fire Emblem or Tearaway), but overall the show played out about how I expected. A great collection of work this year.
You have blasphemed

Renekton

Best Technology
Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar North/Rockstar Games) - WINNER
Nice little slap in the face to rabid redditors who call GTAV a technical mess.

I trust the devs to know more about technical stuff than us gamers.

Vire

Sony is lucky they have naughty dog. They should close down guerrilla games and evolution to expand naughty dog into more teams.

This sounds like a terrible idea. The reason Naughty Dog games are good aren't because it says Naughty Dog on the cover, it's because of the talent that works there.

Expanding the team size could jeopardize quality and skill level.

Cess007

I'm a Zelda fanatic and I think A Link Between Worlds is like the 10th best Zelda. Plus, the mobile / handheld category had the stiffest competition this year, in my opinion.

Agree. Zelda fan here too; but didn't find ALBW better than the other nominees, Fire Emblem itself was leaps and bounds better that A Link Between Worlds.

Awful, awful idea. A Studio doesn't get "just better" getting more people; IMO, is the talent and the philosophy of it that matters the most.

Cyriades

It was probably not in-engine

lol

she looked totally different back in the day..

4845145481_7445035662_z.jpg

Converse

Banned
I'd call this one of the better award shows for 2013 games.

This might not be a popular opinion, but the only one that really had me shaking my head was giving The Last of Us "Best Design" over Super Mario 3D World. The Last of Us is great as a visceral, narrative experience, but if we're talking purely mechanical video game design, it sort of blows my mind that a room full of professionals wouldn't give that nod to 3D World.

Top Bottom