• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Can anyone trade me some fruit trees in animal crossing? I'll give orange trees for anything else other than cherry and orange trees.

I've used freaking tons of nook miles tickets and it will only give me cherry trees as an alternate,

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up the NEOGEO Golf game on a whim. Turns out it’s really good fun. Well worth sick squid.

EikeWbPX0AIAcPY

I want Dragon Quest Anthology and the Galaxy 2 DLC to be real.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hi guys,

Quick update. Jooxed and I went on that date.

I wanted to take him somewhere classy, so we went to Outback Steakhouse. He didn't waste any time before the flirting started, and he ordered me a blooming onion as an appetizer. He took a wedge and drew a 69 on my chest, leaving a trail of grease running down my hairy navel. The waiter came back for our entree. I ordered the rump roast, but he placed a confident hand on my shoulder and told me that's what I was having for dessert.

Later, he came back to my house and pegged me with a Yoshi-shaped strap-on. I must've sounded like I was trying to flutter jump. I rode up and down his flagpole while he pounded the coins out of my box. He was the toad to my stool.

But he said "no homo" so it's fine.

Hi guys,

Quick update. Jooxed and I went on that date.

I wanted to take him somewhere classy, so we went to Outback Steakhouse. He didn't waste any time before the flirting started, and he ordered me a blooming onion as an appetizer. He took a wedge and drew a 69 on my chest, leaving a trail of grease running down my hairy navel. The waiter came back for our entree. I ordered the rump roast, but he placed a confident hand on my shoulder and told me that's what I was having for dessert.

Later, he came back to my house and pegged me with a Yoshi-shaped strap-on. I must've sounded like I was trying to flutter jump. I rode up and down his flagpole while he pounded the coins out of my box. He was the toad to my stool.

But he said "no homo" so it's fine.

I'm not into erotic fan fiction but this surprisingly well written.

7/10 for a half chub.

What's up with that Galaxy 2 DLC? You guys think it's legit? Is there a possibility of a Direct in Oct.

That 4chan shit? Almost 0 chance of any of it being true. They post that sort of Direct stuff very regularly on there and I've yet to see one being accurate. And for this one "Breath of Evil" should be a dead giveaway it's fake. That said, who knows about Galaxy 2, we still might see that somewhere down the line.

Shaqazooloo

Also since when are we expecting a regular direct? Nintendo already said that they have more Partner Showcases planned for the year. We'll likely just get one of those each month until the end of the year.

Mr Hyde

That 4chan shit? Almost 0 chance of any of it being true. They post that sort of Direct stuff very regularly on there and I've yet to see one being accurate. And for this one "Breath of Evil" should be a dead giveaway it's fake. That said, who knows about Galaxy 2, we still might see that somewhere down the line.

Yeah, that figures. I just think it's a bummer Nintendo left out Galaxy 2. If they patch it in as DLC it would be great. Haven't played it so it's kinda the one I wanted in the collection, even though I'm happy with the 3 we got.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’ve been around them long enough to know that Nintendo is Nintendo, and could potentially be perfectly content never rereleasing Galaxy 2, especially with their upcoming focus on 3D World and probably not wanting to saturate Mario.

At this point, I’m looking at emulation, or finding an appropriate older TV, so I can just make it happen myself.

Cutty Flam

Banned
The only thing that matters at Nintendo headquarters now, is turning these dreams to a reality:

-N64 Online
-Nintendo Gamecube Online
-Gameboy Online
-Gameboy Color Online
-Gameboy Advance Online
-Nintendo DS + 3DS Online
-Mario Party Collection all games playable Online (minigames + boards)

If anyone’s uncle working at Nintendo has more prestige within the company than mine, please get the message across

Humdinger

Got my Pro controller. I like that a lot better than the joycons.

Playing BotW regularly, at least an hour a day, usually more.

I've got my paraglider now and a couple of horses. Getting better at cooking. All the early shrines were incredibly easy, but I came across one that kicked my ass repeatedly. It's called "a minor test of strength," so I'm guessing it's not really all that difficult; I'm just under-equipped. I guess I need to gear up and use more potions or something. I'll come back later.

I like to wander around in RPGs and explore, rather than head directly for the main quest, so that's what I'm doing. I'm a little overwhelmed at how big the unexplored land mass is. But the game makes exploration interesting and rewarding.

Got my Pro controller. I like that a lot better than the joycons.

Playing BotW regularly, at least an hour a day, usually more.

I've got my paraglider now and a couple of horses. Getting better at cooking. All the early shrines were incredibly easy, but I came across one that kicked my ass repeatedly. It's called "a minor test of strength," so I'm guessing it's not really all that difficult; I'm just under-equipped. I guess I need to gear up and use more potions or something. I'll come back later.

I like to wander around in RPGs and explore, rather than head directly for the main quest, so that's what I'm doing. I'm a little overwhelmed at how big the unexplored land mass is. But the game makes exploration interesting and rewarding.

All of this is intentional and 20 to 30 hours from now you’ll see the progression that has happened all without a leveling system. Really well done by Nintendo to lead players through an open world game like this without any artificial barriers.

Danny Dudekisser

Again, while 4chan's credibility is less than impeccable, I know for a fact that some of the things on that list are true. It's not entirely bullshit.

Aaaanyway, Metal Gear Solid 1 came out on GOG last week, and I was like "oh, I haven't played the PC version in a long time." I remember it being good, despite the visual effects that it loses. Anyway, I fire it up, and it turns out that you can't move diagonally if you're playing the game using a d-pad. God, I fucking hate old PC ports. I mean, I could just play the game on PS1, but I just lost interest altogether after that.

So anyway, I bought Xenoblade, but I dunno if I wanna play that or Persona 5 Royal. I played the original versions of both. I'm kinda feeling P5's downbeat vibe today, but Xenoblade is fuckin' Xenoblade. Maybe I'll just play Xenoblade and buy some Neo Geo MVS carts.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I’ve been around them long enough to know that Nintendo is Nintendo, and could potentially be perfectly content never rereleasing Galaxy 2, especially with their upcoming focus on 3D World and probably not wanting to saturate Mario.

At this point, I’m looking at emulation, or finding an appropriate older TV, so I can just make it happen myself.

Do you have a Wii U? Or would you consider using a scaler on a Wii? There are some great options out there if you choose to go down either of these routes.

I am (very slowly) working on a retro game OT that focuses on video signals.

Danny Dudekisser

Do you have a Wii U? Or would you consider using a scaler on a Wii? There are some great options out there if you choose to go down either of these routes.

I am (very slowly) working on a retro game OT that focuses on video signals.

Maaaan, we already had one. Once upon a time.

Not that I have any interest in old video games.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Maaaan, we already had one. Once upon a time.

Not that I have any interest in old video games.

Wow nice. A lot of what I wanted to capture is in that thread. It is really out of date though. I need to put some more work into mine. Hopefully I can build on what used to exist there.

I think a good counter argument as to why Mario Galaxy 2 DLC won't happen is why would they do DLC for a game that's supposedly a limited time release.

That being said your right in that Nintendo is Nintendo and who knows wtf they're gonna do sometimes.

I still want DQ Anthology to be real.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So can someone here explain the whole Amibo thing to me? I really have no idea what the deal is with them or why people want them.

-Arcadia-

Banned
So can someone here explain the whole Amibo thing to me? I really have no idea what the deal is with them or why people want them.

LYSOt2P.jpg

Joking aside, they were kind of fun for a while. I used them to decorate the gaming spaces and add a bit of flash to them. For a while, they even had really cool little in-game gifts, like an exclusive weapon for Hyrule Warriors, or that character’s Mii costume in Mario Kart (very cool with Mega Man and Sonic) that felt perfect for a $12 figure.

Sadly, brainlets cried, while gladly purchasing DLC and online fees from other companies, and those bonuses got really cut back.

Today, they’re more like really neat collector’s figures with a low price, and surprising quality.

Last edited:
The only reason I'm hopeful on Mario Galaxy 2 as DLC is the 3D All-Stars main menu. There are arrows on both sides for 6 non-scrolling items. If they weren't planning on adding anything WHY THE ARROWS?!?

LYSOt2P.jpg

Joking aside, they were kind of fun for a while. I used them to decorate the gaming spaces and add a bit of flash to them. For a while, they even had really cool little in-game gifts, like an exclusive weapon for Hyrule Warriors, or that character’s Mii costume in Mario Kart (very cool with Mega Man and Sonic) that felt perfect for a $12 figure.

Sadly, brainlets cried, while gladly purchasing DLC and online fees from other companies, and those bonuses got really cut back.

Today, they’re more like really neat collector’s figures with a low price, and surprising quality.

"You call them amiibos, Yes? I prefer the term, erotic miniature figuringes."

Cutty Flam

Banned
I never got around to those
Green Stars
in Super Mario Galaxy 2

Was I wrong to criticize SMG2 as hard as I had in the past? I thought the majority of the stars were always a bore-fest. Just going through the motions basically the entire game through. I yearned for a great challenge, and it seldom came within the collecting of the main stars imo. Did I miss anything substantial by stopping after completing the game?

I truly did wait, and wait, and wait for the game to pick up at least a little bit in difficulty or in some area though. It remained lacking though, tbh. The stars were not very stimulating at all to me. Very rarely were they anything more than a video game chore to me, 100% serious when I say that Super Mario Galaxy is a much better game than its successor, Super Mario Galaxy 2

Want to know others’ opinions. What was it it about this game that felt so blank in comparison to the other Super Mario games? It honestly felt lifeless a lot of times I had played and to me, the bulk of the main stars didn’t leave a great impression. Trying to figure out exactly what it was even after all these years. But could it have just been the simple fact that
the Green Stars are the real challenge for hardcore fans and the regular Stars are more or less the warm up / more dedicated to casual gamers?

Felt like the game didn’t test your skills even close to enough. Although, on a technical level, the game is magnificent and looks incredible, I’m a bit surprised that so many are distraught over it not being included in the Super Mario 3D All Stars. It would have been amazing to have an extra game to play. And it would have felt complete. But I think Super Mario Galaxy is the superior game. These are my thoughts, what do you think?

Sincerely,
Pimpmasta Shy Guy

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
If Dragon Quest Anthology is real, then I'm speculating that it's either a compilation package of the DS/iOS version of IV,V, and VI. Or a duo package with the 3DS versions of VII, and VIII.
Square needs to get their entire back catalog on modern systems. Let me download each game individually like I can FF 7-12. No more collections.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Will 6yo be better with switch or lite ? My nephew is crazy about Mario odyssey on yt

Hmm. I don’t know what he likes, but speaking for what I’d like, handing a valuable videogame system to a six year old, lol, I think the Lite’s unibody design is possibly more suited to taking typical abuse, drops, accidents, tempers, etc., from children.

I don’t know though. Does he seem like he’d like to play more on the TV and such? Or does he have siblings to play with, or friends that he likes to game with? Because the TV and single-system multiplayer capability of the regular Switch would be a much better choice in that case.

Last edited:
Will 6yo be better with switch or lite ? My nephew is crazy about Mario odyssey on yt
My brother-in-law just bought his kids Switches over the summer. One regular and one Lite. Only the Lite doesn’t have any issues. I think -Arcadia- -Arcadia- is right, the Lite is more durable. The Joycons are temperamental, and the sliding mechanism seems to have latching issues once kids start dropping the Switch.

Top Bottom