• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Jooxed

Gold Member
That's where Super Mario Party comes in. It'll drive her into a rage so intense that she won't be able to stop herself from attacking you. Tell the police that physical and emotional distress is too much for you, take some time off work and then file for divorce.

I think Overcooked 2 would be better.

Finished Castlevania Anniversary collection. Every game except Kid Dracula and that ugly Game Boy game, that is. Those were too archaic for me. But everything else is a blast from the past. Super Castlevania 4 is soooooo good. A must have on the Switch.

I wish I was just a bit older to have seen the jump from the NES to the SNES, going for the OG trilogy to 4 must have been a sight to behold. The music sounds epic, the graphics look like a painting and the gameplay is so more fluid.

I did see the jump from SNES to N64 though. No generation is ever going to beat THAT moment I stepped into Bob-Omb Battlefield. Pray for the zoomers.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wish I was just a bit older to have seen the jump from the NES to the SNES, going for the OG trilogy to 4 must have been a sight to behold. The music sounds epic, the graphics look like a painting and the gameplay is so more fluid.

I did see the jump from SNES to N64 though. No generation is ever going to beat THAT moment I stepped into Bob-Omb Battlefield. Pray for the zoomers.
I'm aging myself here, but for me the biggest jump was play control. Being able to adjust your jump as well as whip in multiple directions was a game changer at the time. To this day it remains my favorite CV game.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo, I love you...but you are killing me here.

We've heard that Metroid Prime Trilogy has been ready for the Switch for quite some time now.

Why hurt us so? Do you hate us? Are you a cruel master, taunting your starving subordinates with scanty scraps?

Will you continue to beat us down every time we gain a small instance of hope that somehow your heart has changed?

Please, Nintendo...
We still love you, even after all this time...but our hearts cannot endure this torture for much longer...

sQIPnTP.jpg
Outrageous posting

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I'm aging myself here, but for me the biggest jump was play control. Being able to adjust your jump as well as whip in multiple directions was a game changer at the time. To this day it remains my favorite CV game.
i also think having the ability to jump and land on/off stairs at any point, rather than always having to start at the top/bottom, was a massive innovation

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Yeah, playing Mario 64 for the first time was truly revolutionary. It was the definitive gaming experience at the time. Unfortunately I never cared much for the N64 after that. I was team Playstation and that remained pretty much until I got hold of a Switch. Now I'm back with good old Nintendo again. It's like coming home. I've missed them.

Yeah, playing Mario 64 for the first time was truly revolutionary. It was the definitive gaming experience at the time. Unfortunately I never cared much for the N64 after that. I was team Playstation and that remained pretty much until I got hold of a Switch. Now I'm back with good old Nintendo again. It's like coming home. I've missed them.

Got away from Nintendo twice, I arrived late for both the Gamecube and then the Wii. Didn't take me long to come back aboard, playing The Origami King now is obvious why. There's just something about Nintendo games that can't be replicated.

Skelterz

Has anybody got a comprehensive list/link to the massive Nintendo leak that happened a few days ago I’m so out of the loop, Either that or a detailed
Video I’m so interested just don’t know where to look if I’m honest 😂 work life sucks.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
With the renewed talk of 4k resolutions for "Next Generation", anyone else feel like Nintendo should target 2560p/60fps gameplay for the Switch 2/Switch Pro?

I'd rather have them focus on getting the framerates better with a moderate resolution bump. IMO 2560p/60fps seems
like it'd be a great fit while keeping costs in check.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
With the renewed talk of 4k resolutions for "Next Generation", anyone else feel like Nintendo should target 2560p/60fps gameplay for the Switch 2/Switch Pro?

I'd rather have them focus on getting the framerates better with a moderate resolution bump. IMO 2560p/60fps seems
Isn't 2560p above 4k?

Astral Dog

Whaaaaat.

You will get 1080p and you will like it!

Seriously more would be a huge waste of power for a tablet imo, current Switch has trouble getting 720p with a few games like Xenoblade runing at worse resolution than the Wii.

My wish for Switch 2 is far less sub native games

Nintendo is out of this game bro. If you expect them to even be in this terafloppy conversation, you're only hurting yourself.

MagnesG

Banned

If we're keeping the hybrid, batteries will be the biggest concern.

Nintendo can’t keep up a steady output now, I can’t imagine what it would be like if they had to spend even more time on art assets for their games.
A theoretical Switch 2 or Pro is great and all, but Nintendo needs to keep up a steady flow of games before they put resources towards and new console.

Zannegan

Hypothetically, if they're working with NVidia again, they could use DLSS to steal a march on the competition, rendering at a lower resolution and outputting at a much higher one, maybe even 4K.

Resolution and numbers will probably never again be their focus, but even Nintendo might like the allure of being able to say "native 4K image" during presentations. It wouldn't close the gap, and the CPU would still be woefully underpowered by comparison, but it certainly could let a hybrid punch above its weight and hang closer to the big boys than anything in a handheld form factor reasonably should (unless AMD has something on the order of DLSS 2.0 or 3.0 baked into the PS5/XSX too).

If it happened, it would be another example of Nintendo lucking into the right Nvidia hardware at just the right time. It's also just about the only way I can see big games running at anything above 1080p on a Switch 2, and perhaps not even then.

Bet on 1080p. Hope for 60fps.

Last edited:

Skelterz

Hypothetically, if they're working with NVidia again, they could use DLSS to steal a march on the competition, rendering at a lower resolution and outputting at a much higher one, maybe even 4K.

Resolution and numbers will probably never again be their focus, but even Nintendo might like the allure of being able to say "native 4K image" during presentations. It wouldn't close the gap, and the CPU would still be woefully underpowered by comparison, but it certainly could let a hybrid punch above its weight and hang closer to the big boys than anything in a handheld form factor reasonably should (unless AMD has something on the order of DLSS 2.0 or 3.0 baked into the PS5/XSX too).

If it happened, it would be another example of Nintendo lucking into the right Nvidia hardware at just the right time. It's also just about the only way I can see big games running at anything above 1080p on a Switch 2, and perhaps not even then.

Bet on 1080p. Hope for 60fps.

I think Nintendo should make a system that’s just in line and with a feasible output for developers to at least downscale 3rd party games, I don’t think huge power is the answer just compatibility with current engines and easy to use tools so smaller dev studios can port next gen games no problem.

Nintendo currently are on the back foot going into PS5 and XSX purely from a port perspective they need to get something together within the next year to enable developers to port across otherwise its bye bye 3rd party support.

Last edited:

Zannegan

I think Nintendo should make a system that’s just in line and with a feasible output for developers to at least downscale 3rd party games, I don’t think huge power is the answer just compatibility with current engines and easy to use tools so smaller dev studios can port next gen games no problem.

Nintendo currently are on the back foot going into PS5 and XSX purely from a port perspective they need to get something together within the next year to enable developers to port across otherwise its bye bye 3rd party support.
Honestly, I don't think they're too worried about it. They already don't get most games from major players like Activision and EA anyway, and while Ubisoft will throw them a bone because Ubi loves to support everything, most of their AAA titles don't get to the system. They seem more than happy with late/enhanced ports and AA/indie games.

While I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo announced and released a successor next year, I also wouldn't be shocked if they made us wait until 2024. They follow their own blueprint. While they will be happy to have AAA mainstream games when feasible, I very much doubt they'll design a console around it. And practically speaking, with both the PS5 and the XSX investing in beefy CPUs this time around, I'm not sure that Nintendo even can get close enough in a mobile form factor to keep up, certainly not this year. *shrug*

[Disclaimer: I know nothing about current tech that can't be learned from ELI5 posts and DF videos]

Last edited:

Skelterz

Honestly, I don't think they're too worried about it. They already don't get most games from major players like Activision and EA anyway, and while Ubisoft will throw them a bone because Ubi loves to support everything, most of their AAA titles don't get to the system. They seem more than happy with late/enhanced ports and AA/indie games.

While I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo announced and released a successor next year, I also wouldn't be shocked if they made us wait until 2024. They follow their own blueprint. While they will be happy to have AAA mainstream games when feasible, I very much doubt they'll design a console around it. And practically speaking, with both the PS5 and the XSX investing in beefy CPUs this time around, I'm not sure that Nintendo even can get close enough in a mobile form factor to keep up, certainly not this year. *shrug*

[Disclaimer: I know nothing about current tech that can't be learned from ELI5 posts and DF videos]

i think a switch 2 with capabilities closer to the likes of a PS4 would be around where they need to be if I’m honest.

Zannegan

i think a switch 2 with capabilities closer to the likes of a PS4 would be around where they need to be if I’m honest.
100% agree, though if they could pull a PS4 pro level machine (while docked) with DLSS features and a relatively beefy CPU, I'd be ecstatic.

I still think they're going to make us wait until 2022, but you never know with Nintendo.

Top Bottom