• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

ShinNL

KAQPPyb.jpg

leyFWKp.jpg

D7Y7kSZ.png

Holy cow that combination of tech and art style, reminds me of Octopath Traveler. I want it now :messenger_face_screaming:

Astral Dog

got Crysis crashed on me before A Blessing in Disguise

Interesting game, at first i thought the graphics looked really shitty on the night section, but then the sun appeared and i was like 😯 pretty graphics, much better.

I agree with DF the framerate feels clunky, its probably that framepacing they mentioned because its quite difficult to aim, i don't think they will fix it but it would make an impressive port/game if they did.

Gameplay wise im dying a lot on normal 🤭 thats annoying but i like the suit armor and cloak modes

-Arcadia-

Banned
got Crysis crashed on me before A Blessing in Disguise

Interesting game, at first i thought the graphics looked really shitty on the night section, but then the sun appeared and i was like 😯 pretty graphics, much better.

I agree with DF the framerate feels clunky, its probably that framepacing they mentioned because its quite difficult to aim, i don't think they will fix it but it would make an impressive port/game if they did.

Gameplay wise im dying a lot on normal 🤭 thats annoying but i like the suit armor and cloak modes

The Day/Night thing probably has a lot to do with the lighting. I'm really impressed with the SVOGY thing they have here, that DF was talking about, with accurate real-time global lighting and even non-faked bounces.

I've seen real-time, non-baked/faked lighting this good in only one other place -- ray-traced games like Metro on PC.

Edit: If it wasn't obvious, to be clear, the Switch version is clearly nowhere near that level of quality, but it's remarkable to see technology like this, on a system like the Switch.

Last edited:

Bakkus

Yeah they're under terrible pressure from all these recent announcements.
Don't think most of our terrible fanbase was too happy about those great SMT games being ported and having a cinematic new trailer. Unless you were referring to something else? How's Q3 and Q4 looking for Nintendo as we speak?

Astral Dog

I keep buying those Outlast games only to end up deleting them after one hour because i hate them 🤭 so stressing, that shitty useless night camera ugh i love re7 and frictional's games so i always think Outlast will click and bite.

They have some jump scares though 😨

I keep buying those Outlast games only to end up deleting them after one hour because i hate them 🤭 so stressing, that shitty useless night camera ugh i love re7 and frictional's games so i always think Outlast will click and bite.

They have some jump scares though 😨

I had that kind of game where you're a weakling who needs to hide and shit. Give me bullshit powers so I can suplex Satan.

Skelterz

My girlfriend just got me Xenoblade DE for switch I’m liking it so far I played through Xeno 2 first and thoroughly enjoyed that any tips for a new player going in? I’ve just unlocked Gaur Plains so no spoilers please..

I’m finding the armour management to be a bit overwhelming I've always got a shit ton of stock 😂 also it’s annoying how gems stay in the armour after taking it off got get in the habit of removing it I suppose.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Btw SOR4 really is fucking god-tier. I mean seriously game of 2020 for me. The thing is tuned to absolute fucking perfection, the music is bang on, the hits connect with real crunch and weight, and the tactical side of it is awesome. Anyone here who hasn't got it, get it. Even if it's on gamepass. I feel like the Switch is the perfect home for it though - I can have an extended session with it on the TV and enjoy the full crunchy weight of it or just dip in for a quick session handheld when the wife's watching something shit.

Intoxicate

SOR4 is really good and I wasn‘t a big beat em up fan earlier. Jumping between that and Paper Mario which is a really nice adventure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom