• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Retro Platform Free Next-Gen Update Available Now for Quake

Cert.in.Death

Jun 28, 2013
Utah
The save path to almost every cross gen game for sony has been abysmal tho. I don't think its fair to point them out in this situation.
It's been hit-and-miss. The process can be inelegant, but it's been shown to be feasible. FFVII:R, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Crash Bandicoot 4, Greedfall, hell, even Bugsnax supports save transfers from PS4 apps to PS5.

Where it's unclear is for games that release simultaneously on PS4 and PS5, and my guess is Sony may have a hand in it due to trophies. For example, neither COD Cold War or Kena: BOS have a save transfer option, but they also released day and date on both platforms. Bethesda not doing it for a port of Quake (1996) clearly appears to be a conscious decision to not.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
Even when you do the save transfers between PS4 and PS5 and you automatically acquire a slew of trophies - it breaks the integrity of the whole thing imho. Sony should relax the whole thing.

Oct 26, 2018
Can I use my Xbox One save on my Xbox Series X/Series S?
Any Quake save created on Xbox One will work on Xbox Series X/Series S provided the same Xbox Live account is used

Can I use my PlayStation 4 save on my PlayStation 5?
Quake save games will not transfer from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 consoles

BPX

Nov 10, 2018
No raytracing?

sing slim shady GIF

• LOL
Reactions: Tarin02543