• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Next-Gen Update Available Now for Quake

The save path to almost every cross gen game for sony has been abysmal tho. I don't think its fair to point them out in this situation.
It's been hit-and-miss. The process can be inelegant, but it's been shown to be feasible. FFVII:R, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Crash Bandicoot 4, Greedfall, hell, even Bugsnax supports save transfers from PS4 apps to PS5.

Where it's unclear is for games that release simultaneously on PS4 and PS5, and my guess is Sony may have a hand in it due to trophies. For example, neither COD Cold War or Kena: BOS have a save transfer option, but they also released day and date on both platforms. Bethesda not doing it for a port of Quake (1996) clearly appears to be a conscious decision to not.

Shmunter

Even when you do the save transfers between PS4 and PS5 and you automatically acquire a slew of trophies - it breaks the integrity of the whole thing imho. Sony should relax the whole thing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can I use my Xbox One save on my Xbox Series X/Series S?
Any Quake save created on Xbox One will work on Xbox Series X/Series S provided the same Xbox Live account is used

Can I use my PlayStation 4 save on my PlayStation 5?
Quake save games will not transfer from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 consoles

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
No raytracing?

sing slim shady GIF

Ok horde mode is really fun, but man I don't remember the netcode of Quake being this bad - and I used to play on 56k. Felt like a stutter fest the whole time... I'll have to try it again this weekend because it was definitely a good time.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Update 2 contains a brand-new Horde Mode made by MachineGames with 1-4 player co-op (including optional bots), new Add-on "Honey", some quality-of-life improvements, and bug fixes.
It also marks the Quake release on the Epic Games Store (for PC). With Horde Mode you can play solo, with bots, or friends, and face off against waves of enemies of increasing difficulty. Earn Silver Keys to unlock access to better weapons. Survive long enough and earn a Gold Key, which will allow you to escape, or stay behind and fight against the armies of Quake until you fall

HORDE MODE

Overview

• All new multiplayer PvE experience designed by MachineGames
  • Supports 1 - 4 players or bots in local multiplayer and online modes (Custom matches only)
  • Playable on all difficulty levels
  • Includes 4 new maps specifically designed for Horde Mode

Rules

• Score points by killing enemies
  • Kill multiple enemies in quick succession for bonus points
  • Your progression is reset after the last player dies
  • Every 3rd wave has boss monsters but once you clear it, you get a Silver key to unlock more weapons and items
  • After the 9th wave, you get a gold key to unlock the exit, or you can keep fighting as long as you are able
  • Monsters have a chance of dropping quad damage and the pentagram of protection (powerups last for 5 seconds once picked up and despawn if not picked up after 10 seconds)

NEW ADD-ON: HONEY

QUAKE_HONEY_in-body_5.png

• Expand your Quake experience with the free Honey Add-on and delve deep into the darkness to conquer a deadly plague infecting the land
  • For a unique look behind the curtain, check out our Nods to Mods interview with the author of "Honey", MachineGames' own Senior Level Designer - Christian Grawer here
  • Read more about how to access Honey here

IMPROVEMENTS

• Improved auto aim to reduce amount of snapping and view locking onto enemies
  • Crosshair color and type can now be changed from the Gameplay options menu
  • Add-ons menu can now be used to play previously downloaded add-ons while offline
  • Text chat and push to talk voice chat are now available in pre-game lobbies
  • Added ability to invite friends across PC platforms using players on your Bethesda.net friends list (optional)

RANGER SKINS IN QUAKE CHAMPIONS AND DOOM ETERNAL

DE_QC_RangerSkins--1920x1080.png

• Owners of our Quake re-release can log in with their Bethesda.net credentials in-game to earn the Ranger Slayer Skin for DOOM Eternal and the Quake Guy Ranger Skin with the Gladus Axe in Quake Champions! (NOTE: In addition to owning Quake, players must also own DOOM Eternal or Quake Champions to use their respective skins)
  • For more info, click here
  • Note: Nintendo Switch users can unlock the Ranger Slayer Skin in DOOM Eternal alongside Update 6.66 sometime in early 2022. Stay tuned to the Slayers Club for updates!

BUG FIXES

• Fixed Death Knight incorrectly referred to as Hell Knight in the main Quake campaign
  • Bots now chat less
  • Fixed cases where texture borders were visible around certain HUD elements
  • Fixed weapon firing immediately after respawning in multiplayer
  • Turning off Enable Microphone before connecting to online services now properly mutes the microphone

Calverz

The last update has completely removed the quake 64 soundtrack apart from the level complete music. While playing through, it randomly plays the reznor soundtrack. Wtf

Top Bottom