• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.4: Nexus War |OT| Now a licensed Marvel shovelware game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolino840

If you don't own any skins then you have to use one of the default skins that are randomly selected for you every match.
For now i haven't done a match...i'm stucked in the main menu becouse my character is a girl by default and i want a male character..there's the skins menu but is a bit confusionary...there's the weapons and backpack skin but i haven't found the male/female selection...

For now i haven't done a match...i'm stucked in the main menu becouse my character is a girl by default and i want a male character..there's the skins menu but is a bit confusionary...there's the weapons and backpack skin but i haven't found the male/female selection...
You have not bought any characters nor the Battle Pass, correct?

If so, then (I think) you have to play with 1 of the 8 default characters that are assigned to you randomly every match.

There are 4 male and 4 female characters so your chances are 50-50, heh.

Durien

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for dealing with builders? Honestly the building aspect just annoys me.

I think the rocket launcher is gone from this season and possibly the flare gun too unfortunately.

I am right here with you. I realize that building is part of the game but when resources > ammo, what can you do? My son loves to do build battles trying to out build his opponent and gets irritated when I play duos with him and just build ramps or let him build battle while I start undermining the opponents builds LOL.

The one thing I like when I play solo is that most of the time, due to match making, the builders are as good (or not good in this case) as me. So I have managed several solo wins. There are 2 great equalizers right now in the game (3 if you take down the gorger and get the RPG); the helicopter and Thor's hammer. I have outplayed builders by faking to start building, coming around their build and dropping the hammer literally through their build killing them from fall damage\hammer damage.

My son was super pissed the other day when he was playing solo (his account level I think is 150 to 200 above mine). Final circle, he has high ground, dude comes in with a heli, rips through his Tower of Babel taking 1/2 his health, backed up and rammed him again killing him.

The Iron Man cannon isn't too bad either ;)

I wonder what is going to happen next season when the weapons are removed from the game.

So here is the other thing. I think some of these people are using macro keyboards. When I die, and it is close to the end, I tend to spectate to see what happens. One guy I watched was like a master builder. Comes under fire, instant house. No turning around to place walls but still the wall appears behind him complete with ramp and roof all at the same time. It's like blink, instahouse. It was even more satisfying when his opponent dropped Thor's hammer through his castle and killed him.

nikolino840

You have not bought any characters nor the Battle Pass, correct?

If so, then (I think) you have to play with 1 of the 8 default characters that are assigned to you randomly every match.

There are 4 male and 4 female characters so your chances are 50-50, heh.
Ah ok...
No,i have just downloaded from the store

Ah ok...
No,i have just downloaded from the store
In this aspect, Fortnite is definitely less friendly to the player.

I know players can choose to play as male or female characters in other BRs before buying anything (Realm Royale, Hyper Scape, Apex Legends, Spellbreak etc.).

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to try the limited-time modes on offer. The Marvel Standoff and Marvel Knockout modes are quite fun (even if they're pale substitutes of Spellbreak IMO).

Post some captions for the ensuing 2 minutes of hilarity:

Here's mine:
But this ain't casuals, this is real as it gets
I'm on a shark, motherfucker, don't you ever forget!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Post some captions for the ensuing 2 minutes of hilarity:

Here's mine:
But this ain't casuals, this is real as it gets
I'm on a shark, motherfucker, don't you ever forget!

I thought it would be amusing, but that was well beyond expectations. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

How do you not have that key bound? Lmao.

I thought it would be amusing, but that was well beyond expectations. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

How do you not have that key bound? Lmao.
I gotta say I have no idea. I checked my untouched keyboard binds on the PS4 and exiting the loot shark is bound to E by default.

It's annoying that Epic still doesn't give such granular control to controller binds though. I've had to rebind my controls and relearn muscle memory because my custom binds would prevent me from performing certain functions:

Eg. I can't jump while shark riding (I bound jump to square) and can't build during the Marvel LTMs (Switch Mode was bound to L1 and in those LTMs it is overridden by the ability assigned to the same button).

Below are some screenshots of the Marvel LTMs via replay mode. (Spoilered so that images can be collapsed, making the page easier to scroll through.)

She-Hulk looks amazing with the gauntlets.
9zGndJG.jpg

GSjxHh7.jpg

zH6MCDD.jpg

AuokcsE.jpg

mJEPiXI.jpg

xdsldwI.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Definitely make sure you check this out. At first, I just thought the ghosts in the trailer (muted) were just swaps for zombies from Fortnitemares 2.

Once I realized they were players...

0fJnzm8.gif

It is so much fun to get a second chance and haunt all the remaining players. In fact, it kind of takes out the frustration of losing out a bit.

On the other side, being stalked by ghosts constantly, firmly shifts this game back towards survival and playing smart. Having a bunch of ghosts coming at you simultaneously is terrifying, lol, particularly when they’re screaming and revealing your location for all the others.

Between the freshen-up for gameplay, and the blessed move away from Marvel for a little bit (I’m sorry, but El’s thread title is feeling more and more like the truth to me), I am so back into Fort.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Oh wow... 👻

This is the best Fortnightmares so far! The chance for ghoulish revenge is so great! Also, a really cool collaboration is coming up...just in time for the ghostly goodness...

jhsoMRb.jpg

This season keeps on being awesome! ❤

-Arcadia-

Banned
I got a Nightmare Royale! Hahaha.

Yeah, I’m completely in love. It is so tense, right after a hard battle, trying to shield up and get ready for them to come right back, and pissed, lol! Alternatively, it’s really satisfying to send them to double death. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I got mobbed by a group of ghosts in second place, and I wasn’t even mad, for once, knowing I’d get to come back to my revenge.

Please let this be a regular LTM throughout the year.

Also, is this confirmation that those little bots carry your soul out of the battlefield, lol?

Okay, so I was mid-match and thinking about what Ailynn pointed out.

Could this mean that we get Proton Packs to deal with the ghosts? Because that could be absolutely hilarious.

While everything is encrypted in the files. It's definitely possible, but more than likely it's just a Ghostbusters collaboration for Halloween imo. think one of the leakers said or found a description about the Proton Packs being reactive?

Definitely make sure you check this out. At first, I just thought the ghosts in the trailer (muted) were just swaps for zombies from Fortnitemares 2.

Once I realized they were players...

0fJnzm8.gif

It is so much fun to get a second chance and haunt all the remaining players. In fact, it kind of takes out the frustration of losing out a bit.

On the other side, being stalked by ghosts constantly, firmly shifts this game back towards survival and playing smart. Having a bunch of ghosts coming at you simultaneously is terrifying, lol, particularly when they’re screaming and revealing your location for all the others.

Between the freshen-up for gameplay, and the blessed move away from Marvel for a little bit (I’m sorry, but El’s thread title is feeling more and more like the truth to me), I am so back into Fort.
I don't know if others are experiencing the same, but the Fortnitemares lobbies are filled with a larger proportion of bots (AI players) than normal.

And it's cool...except the AI bots and Stark bots get instant upgrades to become aim bots when I'm a shadow.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don't know if others are experiencing the same, but the Fortnitemares lobbies are filled with a larger proportion of bots (AI players) than normal.

And it's cool...except the AI bots and Stark bots get instant upgrades to become aim bots when I'm a shadow.

I almost don’t mind. I need a break from unstoppable spirits chasing me, lol.

Oh wow... 👻

This is the best Fortnightmares so far! The chance for ghoulish revenge is so great! Also, a really cool collaboration is coming up...just in time for the ghostly goodness...

jhsoMRb.jpg

This season keeps on being awesome! ❤
Not sure if it counts but I enjoyed last year's Storm King raid a lot more, the mode where it was 4P PvE was also quite fun.

If you're referring to the mode where it was regular BR but with annoying zombies all over the place, then yea this year's is a massive upgrade. The inclusion of the Marvel Mythics helps too!

-Arcadia-

Banned
I can’t believe I played Fortnite all night, to the point where I was blurry eyed, and had to quit. That much fun.

Also, Fortnite with zombies, infinite deploy, and the creepy, moonlit fog vibe was the greatest thing ever at the time, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Halloween is the time to stop taking Fortnite and wins seriously, and just have fun, and come up with all-new strategies for whatever crazy direction they prepare. It’s only ten days. We’ll be right back to the usual, for months and months.

I almost don’t mind. I need a break from unstoppable spirits chasing me, lol.
Well-equipped players have the advantage overall.

The shadows' main advantage is numbers and intel; all other shadows show up on the map and the 'sonar' reveals players to every other shadow.

Forgot to say, the most unique thing about this mode IMO, is when you have to convert your (now) former squad mate into a shadow because they didn't pay attention while you were getting your ass lit.

I'm fairly sure this twist via game mechanics isn't entirely new, but it's great to have.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Well-equipped players have the advantage overall.

The shadows' main advantage is numbers and intel; all other shadows show up on the map and the 'sonar' reveals players to every other shadow.

Forgot to say, the most unique thing about this mode IMO, is when you have to convert your (now) former squad mate into a shadow because they didn't pay attention while you were getting your ass lit.

I'm fairly sure this twist via game mechanics isn't entirely new, but it's great to have.

Lmao at teammates. Okay, I need to try that. I have so much built-up rage towards randoms.

Anyway, I seriously have trouble shooting them. Well, a good one. And a lot of people are starting to become good ones, lol. They do this duck and weave pattern while attacking that keeps having me whiff every one of my shots. As well as zooming everywhere.

I’ve kind of taken the tact of not engaging unless I absolutely have to, because every time, I’m ripped down at least 100 HP. I’m trying to figure out a rhythm to shooting and building, that keeps them in one place, instead of in my face, or jumping and teleporting all over the place.

Btw, can confirm Shadows drop what they eat. I’ve seen it multiple times. Even Mythics.

Some things I noted in the trailer:
4cB7drA.jpg

Why "may not be suitable for coral buddies"? I wonder if Coral Castle will finally get some time in the spotlight?
UzePXVf.jpg

Apparently Midas is a country boy at heart and he has both his eyes here...
lIFLBnS.jpg

But in the background you can see that caricatured portrait of his is the same one-eyed Midas we all know, except more maniacal. (Oh and he's been using his blind eye to scope with the sniper this whole time too.)
BVMSXbX.jpg

Disappointingly, this trailer seems to legitimise the pickaxe's orientation for the Point It Out emote as being horizontal.

Lmao at teammates. Okay, I need to try that. I have so much built-up rage towards randoms.

Anyway, I seriously have trouble shooting them. Well, a good one. And a lot of people are starting to become good ones, lol. They do this duck and weave pattern while attacking that keeps having me whiff every one of my shots. As well as zooming everywhere.

I’ve kind of taken the tact of not engaging unless I absolutely have to, because every time, I’m ripped down at least 100 HP. I’m trying to figure out a rhythm to shooting and building, that keeps them in one place, instead of in my face, or jumping and teleporting all over the place.

Btw, can confirm Shadows drop what they eat. I’ve seen it multiple times. Even Mythics.
Haha no, it was with randoms, hence the not paying attention part. Squad mates would have been screamed at long ago via voice chat (lol).

I think the duck and weave you're talking about is built into the shadow's attack. Try it for yourself to confirm.

The other troublesome bit is the shadow's jump around 2-3 stories high so if you're not used to aiming upwards quickly they can prove to be very tricky. Not much different from the bouncer shockwave grenade and crash pad spam of this season though.

Not sure if building vs them is effective since they can warp straight through and tear it down. Just remember killing one always causes a shockwave that buys you some time and more importantly, distance.

And thanks for the confirmation on shadow loot drops!

So, it doesn't get brought up much but I've always had great respect for the person/s behind Fortnite's music, particularly that of the emotes.

Coming up with original and memorable music for emotes is tough. Sometimes it's made tougher when the dance already has other music embedded within the public (and one's) consciousness.

And sometimes, they take it, expand and arrange it into a full radio-length track (ignore the video if you must, the background music is what I'm talking about).

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL EPIC!

Here's another example that caught my ear weeks ago:
The music for this emote is a 4-bar loop

The expanded track, I think it's EDM/trance with some party vibes thrown in (anyone who has the right answer chime in please!)

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Well... That was the cheapest Victory Royale I've ever gotten. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

OkQeTLm.jpg

I just made sure I had plenty of building materials, and pretty much "sky-based" at maximum build height for the win. I had the healing/bandage gun, and by the end, there were 16 angry shadows all trying to figure out a way to get to me. They used every rift available, yet still came short of landing where I was. As the circle closed completely in, they all died to the storm as I healed myself.

...I feel a little bad.
...Mostly.

:messenger_smirking:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Haven't listened to this yet. Apparently Donald Mustard drops some info about the future of Fortnite...

Some talking points from Reddit:
  • Many major plot details are currently planned out for the following few years
  • The general "main character" of Fortnite's story is the island itself
  • Dusty Depot was not originally going to be the meteor crash site. Speculation based on what was said hints towards Tilted Towers being the original target. ("The speculation of where [the comet] was going to hit actually changed where the comet hit. Because I was gonna have it slightly in a different spot. ...I was like 'Okay, I don't want it to hit Tilted yet'")
  • The Zero Point created the new island by rearranging the matter of the old one. ("And we had this moment in Fortnite that happened actually about a year ago, where the stuff was happening on the island, and all this stuff was happening with this thing called The Zero Point, where the Zero Point kinda reorganized all the matter around the island and kinda created this new island.") (Huh, so I guess technically we never left the old map)
  • Following the last point, the explosion of the Zero Point and the energy is what specifically triggered Galactus to come to the island, in order to obtain the energy source so he could consume everything
  • More Marvel skins have been confirmed, likely more than just what has currently been datamined plus more far out into the future. (Possibly hinted towards Spiderman by saying something along the lines of "living with fear is a bad thing." Might have been an old recording referencing Daredevil, though.)

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’d love if someone, somewhere summarized the whole thing. If you see a link like that, drop it in here.

I think it’s fascinating that Tilted looks like the original meteor crash site. Everyone speculated that for months, because Tilted had turned into a CoD map within a BR, and was causing problems with the population everywhere else, lol. Finding out that we were sort of on the mark, and even altered the storyline, haha, is cool. I wonder how late that change happened? In a roundabout way, they did eventually get to blow Tilted up with ‘meteors’ in Season 8 too.

Also, really awesome that the story is planned out a couple of years out. Fort isn’t ending any time soon, stories, content, and all, and that actually has to be some pretty epic stuff to require that much thought.

Nice to confirm the current island is just a Big Bang reboot of the old one as well. I thought that was fairly obvious, but I always see people speculating weird stuff.

Last edited:
(Possibly hinted towards Spiderman by saying something along the lines of "living with fear is a bad thing." Might have been an old recording referencing Daredevil, though.)
Quick reply to prevent speculation from going off the rails: he's referencing Daredevil cause this podcast was recorded around the time when Wolverine released and Donald dropped that hint saying it's a dead giveaway.

Now I'm wondering if they delayed the release of this podcast so that no one could have guessed at Daredevil's inclusion...

Some talking points from Reddit:
  • Many major plot details are currently planned out for the following few years
  • The general "main character" of Fortnite's story is the island itself
  • Dusty Depot was not originally going to be the meteor crash site. Speculation based on what was said hints towards Tilted Towers being the original target. ("The speculation of where [the comet] was going to hit actually changed where the comet hit. Because I was gonna have it slightly in a different spot. ...I was like 'Okay, I don't want it to hit Tilted yet'")
  • The Zero Point created the new island by rearranging the matter of the old one. ("And we had this moment in Fortnite that happened actually about a year ago, where the stuff was happening on the island, and all this stuff was happening with this thing called The Zero Point, where the Zero Point kinda reorganized all the matter around the island and kinda created this new island.") (Huh, so I guess technically we never left the old map)
  • Following the last point, the explosion of the Zero Point and the energy is what specifically triggered Galactus to come to the island, in order to obtain the energy source so he could consume everything
  • More Marvel skins have been confirmed, likely more than just what has currently been datamined plus more far out into the future. (Possibly hinted towards Spiderman by saying something along the lines of "living with fear is a bad thing." Might have been an old recording referencing Daredevil, though.)
You really should have included the Reddit link for two reasons:

1. You copy-pasted the entire bodyof text, barring his opening and closing paragraphs.
2. It makes it easier for others here to visit the source and suss out the information themselves.

Here's the link in question:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/jgzlyc/huge_lore_highlights_from_donald_mustards/

-Arcadia-

Banned
You really should have included the Reddit link for two reasons:

1. You copy-pasted the entire bodyof text, barring his opening and closing paragraphs.
2. It makes it easier for others here to visit the source and suss out the information themselves.

Here's the link in question:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/jgzlyc/huge_lore_highlights_from_donald_mustards/

Your first mistake is assuming I care about Redditors.

p1r7cMJ.gif

All relevant info is kept, and as a bonus, I don’t promote one of the worst sites on the internet, on one of the best. I’ll do it for videos, or one where somebody worked hard, but this wasn’t an exceptional post in any manner. He just posted a few things he heard, and pretty shakily (the Tilted thing may be wrong) at that.

Your first mistake is assuming I care about Redditors.

p1r7cMJ.gif

All relevant info is kept, and as a bonus, I don’t promote one of the worst sites on the internet, on one of the best. I’ll do it for videos, or one where somebody worked hard, but this wasn’t an exceptional post in any manner. He just posted a few things he heard, and pretty shakily (the Tilted thing may be wrong) at that.
I'm not surprised that some people don't "care" about Reddit but to extend that attitude to Redditors who simply post there to do the very same thing we're doing? (Disseminating and discussing information pertaining to our interest.)

To expand a little on my two points earlier: maybe exclude his thoughts or at least mention that the thoughts are his.

Initially I was under the impression that you pasted some points from the Reddit post and then inserted your own thoughts (me assuming that was definitely my mistake).

And it's not as if I said or implied that people should go to his post, upvote and give gold, just that including the link makes it easier to dig for more and is IMO, a very basic internet courtesy.

If you really want to stake your claim as posting and participating on one of the best sites, then try to practise internet etiquette that's befitting of one.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I'm not surprised that some people don't "care" about Reddit but to extend that attitude to Redditors who simply post there to do the very same thing we're doing? (Disseminating and discussing information pertaining to our interest.)

To expand a little on my two points earlier: maybe exclude his thoughts or at least mention that the thoughts are his.

Initially I was under the impression that you pasted some points from the Reddit post and then inserted your own thoughts (me assuming that was definitely my mistake).

And it's not as if I said or implied that people should go to his post, upvote and give gold, just that including the link makes it easier to dig for more and is IMO, a very basic internet courtesy.

If you really want to stake your claim as posting and participating on one of the best sites, then try to practise internet etiquette that's befitting of one.

What thoughts? It isn’t as if any original work was done. The poster took all of five seconds to deliver a few bullet points, even those being sketchy, from a very long interview.

You argue that he deserves some kind of courtesy or etiquette, when nothing in his post begets that treatment.

Likewise, there is nothing more to dig for. That’s the sum total of the post.

I have to ask too, lest I condone, why is it such a big deal? Of all the things to waste time on, this surely must be one of the silliest.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Do we know how long this season has left? I'm only level 55 lol.

November 30th! So you still have quite a while.

Information was taken from Hypex by way of Twitter, by way of fortnitetracker.com, and searched for on the popular search engine DuckDuckGo, which was founded by Gabriel Weinberg on February 29, 2008.

What thoughts? It isn’t as if any original work was done. The poster took all of five seconds to deliver a few bullet points, even those being sketchy, from a very long interview.

You argue that he deserves some kind of courtesy or etiquette, when nothing in his post begets that treatment.

Likewise, there is nothing more to dig for. That’s the sum total of the post.

I have to ask too, lest I condone, why is it such a big deal? Of all the things to waste time on, this surely must be one of the silliest.
A few sentences in parentheses in that post are his commentary/speculations on the transcribed info.

It wasn't clear to me that you copypastaed the main body (or as you describe it, all the relevant data) of that reddit post.

Besides that, sometimes there's info to be gleaned from the comments.

Also, it's not a big deal...it's just the hugest deal!

That said, enough time has been spent on this train of thought.

-Arcadia-

Banned
So, played some Fortnitemares, and was just really fortunate to catch the foggiest one yet. It was literally like playing Silent Hill, no visibility past ten feet, and the lighting and moonlight cutting through the fog, absolutely gorgeous and horror vibe perfect (I can’t wait to play this game on next-gen), with creep factor to max.

I love how this game turns on a dime to be something totally different, and excels at whatever that is.

Looking at the item shop now. Does anyone feel like they could of done a little more with the ghost buster set? The skins are okay imo. and the gear is good but I feel like they could of added the iconic music as a track. A slimer themed wrap or back bling, and maybe something more with the Proton pack back bling. Idk it feels a little underwhelming with how it was a bit hyped up.

So, played some Fortnitemares, and was just really fortunate to catch the foggiest one yet. It was literally like playing Silent Hill, no visibility past ten feet, and the lighting and moonlight cutting through the fog, absolutely gorgeous and horror vibe perfect (I can’t wait to play this game on next-gen), with creep factor to max.

I love how this game turns on a dime to be something totally different, and excels at whatever that is.
While your description is fairly detailed (and thank goodness I've played Silent Hill so I have an idea), a few screenshots would be a great addition.

Looking at the item shop now. Does anyone feel like they could of done a little more with the ghost buster set? The skins are okay imo. and the gear is good but I feel like they could of added the iconic music as a track. A slimer themed wrap or back bling, and maybe something more with the Proton pack back bling. Idk it feels a little underwhelming with how it was a bit hyped up.
I didn't get the impression that Epic had hyped up the Ghostbusters. Seems to me it was primarily hyped via the leaks (of course, Epic ultimately has control over what leaks).

Anyway, I snagged the Ghost Trap BB for now. I've always liked the damn thing as a kid when they were sold as toys so getting to lug one around on my preferred characters is a huge plus.

Proton Pack is an absolute unit of garagey engineering, high chance I'll end up getting it as well. The reactivity is definitely a little disappointing since it charges up to 4 elims and doesn't do anything else beyond that.

And yes, I'd thought they could have added Slimer as a BB similar to how Rocket Raccoon is this season...

A few things I noted while playing Fortnitemares these few days:

1. Shadows can become mostly invisible if they simply stay still.

2. The new emoticon (Ghosts of the past) looks to be an amalgated icon of both the Shadow and Ghost icons from before.
From left to right: Shadow, Ghost, Ghosts of the past
uzfStjL.jpg

3. Most anyone who has played Fortnitemares and uses emotes would have noticed, audio you produce gets distorted...
https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/jf9nva/emotes_get_distorted_as_a_shadow/
4. But that's not all! If you have voice chat on with someone and they've turned into a shadow, their voice gets put through the same distortion as well. In my case I was spectating a friend's game (sitting out) while in his party on voice chat. Weirdly enough, the game will always kick me out a few seconds after my friend becomes a shadow, however the saltiest utterances are also during those few seconds, so it's always a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom