• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Fortnite 2.4: Nexus War |OT| Now a licensed Marvel shovelware game!

Jul 3, 2019
I didn't get the impression that Epic had hyped up the Ghostbusters. Seems to me it was primarily hyped via the leaks (of course, Epic ultimately has control over what leaks).

Anyway, I snagged the Ghost Trap BB for now. I've always liked the damn thing as a kid when they were sold as toys so getting to lug one around on my preferred characters is a huge plus.

Proton Pack is an absolute unit of garagey engineering, high chance I'll end up getting it as well. The reactivity is definitely a little disappointing since it charges up to 4 elims and doesn't do anything else beyond that.

And yes, I'd thought they could have added Slimer as a BB similar to how Rocket Raccoon is this season...

Yeah I was watching tabor hills video of the Ghostbusters gear. Was kinda hoping after getting eliminations the Proton pack would light up with the beams just kinda spark off like in the movies. ghost trap could of opened after eliminating another player with that purple ghost portal opening up. its still cool set, but I don't really fault epic for the hype. mostly just some of the leakers who were posting stuff but its probably also due to how good epic has gotten at encrypting files for skins and cosmetics.

Hawks Eclipse

Nov 15, 2019
Yeah I was watching tabor hills video of the Ghostbusters gear. Was kinda hoping after getting eliminations the Proton pack would light up with the beams just kinda spark off like in the movies. ghost trap could of opened after eliminating another player with that purple ghost portal opening up. its still cool set, but I don't really fault epic for the hype. mostly just some of the leakers who were posting stuff but its probably also due to how good epic has gotten at encrypting files for skins and cosmetics.
Oh yea I checked out three different videos for the cosmetics...I quite liked Tabor Hill's for one major reason: he's on the PS4.

The PC users who demo cosmetics don't realize/remember that consoles can't turn off shadows and dial down effects, so what they're showing isn't always what we end up seeing.

I was thinking maybe the Proton Pack could do a discharge when you get a fifth elim and then start from zero again.

About Ghost Trap, there's definitely more that they could have done with it. I'm just really happy that it's a great rendition of the toy I've always had in mind. Would be nice if it opened up to suck in the souls of those you elim but that would probably make it cost 800 vbucks or more...

Oh and I meant it quite literally when I said Epic controls what cosmetics gets leaked: the level of encryption applied to the cosmetics is entirely up to Epic.

The stuff that gets leaked within an hour of the update being deployed is just Epic throwing a bone to budding dataminers. When Epic really wants/needs to keep particular skins under wraps, those take either a long time or never get decrypted before Epic releases them in the shop.

Edit: Wraps -> wraps

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Branded for life by her misdeeds
Aug 20, 2019
Looking at the item shop now. Does anyone feel like they could of done a little more with the ghost buster set? The skins are okay imo. and the gear is good but I feel like they could of added the iconic music as a track. A slimer themed wrap or back bling, and maybe something more with the Proton pack back bling. Idk it feels a little underwhelming with how it was a bit hyped up.
This. They’re really cool, but I just don’t know.

I feel like a key difference for me would have been if the Ghostbusters theme blared out on the glider while landing. 10/10, glider of the forever, etc. 😋

Maybe I’m spoiled by all the Marvel interactions this seasons, but having one of the coolest (visual design as well) devices ever in a movie here, while ghosts are literally running around... you kind of want to use it, you know?

Even if it concerns me from a game design perspective, for the purpose of crossovers, it’s a shame Fortnite doesn’t have ‘specials’ or something, where a character can do something else besides shoot a gun.

I felt similarly about the Star Wars skins. Once the lightsabers were gone, Rey running around with nothing but a gun, was just a little weird, lol.

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
The correct way to play Fortnite:

Use an early umbrella glider so that you can actually see, and one that doesn't make a sound because sounds in Fortnite are obnoxiously loud.

Use a black skin (BRUTE Gunner) so that you can hide best.

Backpacks are for children.

Contrails are for children.

Congratulations, you're now a sophisticated Fortnite player.

Jul 3, 2019
This. They’re really cool, but I just don’t know.

I feel like a key difference for me would have been if the Ghostbusters theme blared out on the glider while landing. 10/10, glider of the forever, etc. 😋

Maybe I’m spoiled by all the Marvel interactions this seasons, but having one of the coolest (visual design as well) devices ever in a movie here, while ghosts are literally running around... you kind of want to use it, you know?

Even if it concerns me from a game design perspective, for the purpose of crossovers, it’s a shame Fortnite doesn’t have ‘specials’ or something, where a character can do something else besides shoot a gun.

I felt similarly about the Star Wars skins. Once the lightsabers were gone, Rey running around with nothing but a gun, was just a little weird, lol.

Yeah I most certainly agree. the marvel crossover has spoiled me as well. gliders have been 10/10 for me along side some of the built in emotes for the BP skins. that was
Weird though about the star wars skins. It's like Darth Vader without a lightsaber, as Rey is without one. alot people have been asking if not wanting lightsaber Harvesting tool's. I guess the reason why during the time was to avoid confusion with the actual mythic in game versions with pickaxes. still its so weird seeing a Kyle ren skin popping it off with a burst assault rifle 😄

Reactions: -Arcadia-

MrS

Apr 6, 2014
North East, England
The correct way to play Fortnite:

Use an early umbrella glider so that you can actually see, and one that doesn't make a sound because sounds in Fortnite are obnoxiously loud.

Use a black skin (BRUTE Gunner) so that you can hide best.

Backpacks are for children.

Contrails are for children.

Congratulations, you're now a sophisticated Fortnite player.
If I can't wear my Rex skin, WITH BACKPACK, I don't want to play!

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: -Arcadia-

-Arcadia-

Branded for life by her misdeeds
Aug 20, 2019
I long ago was willing to trade VRs for aesthetics, back when the Dark Voyager was like a neon, person-is-here sign, hahaha.

Competiveness is important to me, but fun moreso. I lose a lot of matches because I weigh survival versus jumping into a 5 person melee (now with ghosts), lol, but it’s worth it.

Otherwise, I’d just be using Aura every match, for the least character occluded view.

• Fire
Reactions: Ailynn

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
I long ago was willing to trade VRs for aesthetics, back when the Dark Voyager was like a neon, person-is-here sign, hahaha.

Competiveness is important to me, but fun moreso. I lose a lot of matches because I weigh survival versus jumping into a 5 person melee (now with ghosts), lol, but it’s worth it.

Otherwise, I’d just be using Aura every match, for the least character occluded view.
I am a hypocrite. I am a coward.

I use male skins despite female skins providing superior vantage.

I'm sorry my fellow Fortnite brethren.

carlosrox

May 19, 2020
We drink and get reeeeeeally loud n silly when we play :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Our first time with the Ghosts, I didn't even know they were called Ghosts yet lol, I thought they were Zombies.

First or second time being a Ghost.

Last edited:

carlosrox

May 19, 2020
I still haven't been able to pay attention to how long a season lasts. When did this start and how long will it go on for?

Also, has anyone else had really bad party errors since the Halloween stuff? It's so bad. If you're watching your team and they turn into Ghosts it seems to kick you out all the time.