• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken now supports FSR3 Frame Gen (Update patch 1.22), free demo if you want to try it

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like Immortals will be getting FSR3 on consoles (soon-ish) too.

mm5bpwz88brb1.jpg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The moment I turn FSR Quality in the menu, I get these awful noisy artifacts in grass and on bodies of water.

It's nowhere near as bad in game though and frame generation FS3 seems to be working pretty well in this game. I didn't test it thoroughly and it's on a 4090+13900K so I'm unsure how it works in a lower frame rate environment. I went from 100fps to my fps cap of 165.

On a side note, this game looks fucking horrendous even maxed out on PC. That @rofif tries to tell us it looks good is nothing short of laughable. The graphics are ass.

Edit: Nah, never mind, the flickering is just as bad. When looking at water, it's unmissable and stings the eye.

Keep in mind he’s the same guy who thinks Lies of P graphics are bad. So bad it looks worse than dark souls 2 according to him.

The amount of pcp one has to smoke to see like that and still be alive to post on GAF is nothing short of a miracle.

SolidQ

Seems AFMF fits more with gamepad, then with mouse.
And there seems bug. you need enable, when you in the game, not within, to fix 1% and input lag

yamaci17

Seems AFMF fits more with gamepad, then with mouse.
And there seems bug. you need enable, when you in the game, not within, to fix 1% and input lag

yes it is super playable with gamepad. from 40 fps to 60 fps interpolation for example, works perfect on gamepad

with mouse? it looks... or plays very weirdly. a bit bummer though I don't care. I usually get low FPS in TPS high fidelity games so its an absolute win for me

Kamina

Golden Boy
Patch Notes

Graphic Updates:

・Updated the game to support AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3.
*FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 combines temporal upscaling and frame generation to deliver significantly higher performance.

*Frame generation is enabled separately from upscaling and is available when using AMD Radeon™ RX 5000 Series, NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 20 Series, and Intel® Arc™ 7 Series or newer GPUs. (Upscaling is still available to use on GPUs older than the products mentioned.)

winjer

Gold Member

[WCCFTECH] The game has been confirmed to support AMD FSR 3 on PC. If you're able to discuss it, I'd love to hear how long it took to implement and what level of performance you are seeing with it.

The implementation of FSR 3 was quite simple. It worked from the get-go. But the thing is that yes, we are using it and love it. Really. It's amazing. It's improving quality a lot and it's especially useful for that kind of city you just saw in the presentation with a lot of details, not in singular buildings but in the urban clutter. FSR is helping us bring those details and clarity to the to the surface.

Hold up, So Nvidia is holding frame generation at ransom with 40XX yet AMD out here with FSR 3 and their version of Frame generation and have made it compatible with the comp GPU's as well as 20XX and 30XX GPU's?

AMD out here doing a 'Hold my beer'

Zathalus

Hold up, So Nvidia is holding frame generation at ransom with 40XX yet AMD out here with FSR 3 and their version of Frame generation and have made it compatible with the comp GPU's as well as 20XX and 30XX GPU's?

As with DLSS vs FSR I'd hold off on saying FSR 3 frame generation is any sort of 'win' over DLSS3 frame generation. There has been little investigation of the image quality between the two.

Bojji

As with DLSS vs FSR I'd hold off on saying FSR 3 frame generation is any sort of 'win' over DLSS3 frame generation. There has been little investigation of the image quality between the two.

FSR3 even works ok on Pascal. Looks like "weak" asynchronous computing support doesn't really hurt FSR3 performance on this cards.

But the problem with FSR3 (right now) is lack of vrr/freesync/gsync support, dlls3 has no problem with it.

I had to do everything in forspoken to lock framerate to 120fps (with generation), otherwise it judders.

Top Bottom