• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken demo will be announced on December 9.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Oh yeah!!! I can't wait to play it

Oh No Reaction GIF by Laff

Let's see if a demo is enough to change public perception of this game, which isn't the best right now. I can't count the number of times I've heard the old "the world seems empty and there is nothing interesting on the map" and I have to agree. It does look good visually (just a little too busy on the particles effects section for my taste) but everything else is up for debate. I'm not much interested in the game, so the beta is a good way to try and persuade me into buying it if it's good enough :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Let's see if a demo is enough to change public perception of this game, which isn't the best right now. I can't count the number of times I've heard the old "the world seems empty and there is nothing interesting on the map" and I have to agree. It does look good visually (just a little too busy on the particles effects section for my taste) but everything else is up for debate. I'm not much interested in the game, so the beta is a good way to try and persuade me into buying it if it's good enough :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
It'll be mostly positive I think. Gameplay looks fine for a casual open world action game. Most gamers don't need a great story. People may not get it $70 but it will be a small cult hit.

After playing the demo, I lost all interesr
Gave it a try late at night yesterday and it has some cool features combat wise but it felt quite shallow and too flashy with little substance. They could've reduced particles effects a little. It'd be the type of game I play only for combat and ignore story. I liked the magical parkour at first but it is as much braindead as Assassin's Creed parkour.

It's not a bad game, but I'd get on a sale.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Trying the demo as we speak and combat seems flashy and snappy. I like it for what it tries to offer. Gameplay is interesting enough and feels fresh.

But graphic wise the game runs like shit.

Game doesn't feel that good looking to be honest (was surprised by it actually, because that was one of the key points the game always seemed to be aiming for). 4K mode at 30 fps feels so bad to play.

And performance mode, oh boy, one of the most worst looking performance modes I've ever played on PS5.

Last edited:

TheTurboFD

Trying the demo as we speak and combat seems flashy and snappy. I like it for what it tries to offer. Gameplay is interesting enough and feels fresh.

But graphic wise the game runs like shit.

Game doesn't feel that good looking to be honest (was surprised by it actually, because that was one of the key points the game always seemed to be aiming for). 4K mode at 30 fps feels so bad to play.

And performance mode, oh boy, one of the most worst looking performance modes I've ever played on PS5.
Agree with this 100%. I also find the world lackluster and boring. Not only that but the constant quips between the main character and the Jarvis sounding voice annoys the hell out of me.

I've had an interesting journey so far with this game. I was super excited a couple of months ago. Excited enough to pre-order....
Downloaded the demo yesterday and play for about 20 minutes(tutorial or so) and was NOT impressed. Decided to log into PSN and cancel my pre-order.
But before, I figured I'd at least give it another try before deciding to cancel, so read through this thread and some other places then tweaked a bunch of the in-game settings.
Played for about another hour and it seems like it has clicked gameplay wise. The tutorial was utterly trash in showing you what you can do. You're better skipping it. Also there are
several QOL changes you can make in the accessibility settings to make the game better. I switched to performance mode and dropped the HDR brightness along with the normal
brightness down. Much better. I've decided to keep my preorder. Hope the final build is even better.

I've had an interesting journey so far with this game. I was super excited a couple of months ago. Excited enough to pre-order....
Downloaded the demo yesterday and play for about 20 minutes(tutorial or so) and was NOT impressed. Decided to log into PSN and cancel my pre-order.
But before, I figured I'd at least give it another try before deciding to cancel, so read through this thread and some other places then tweaked a bunch of the in-game settings.
Played for about another hour and it seems like it has clicked gameplay wise. The tutorial was utterly trash in showing you what you can do. You're better skipping it. Also there are
several QOL changes you can make in the accessibility settings to make the game better. I switched to performance mode and dropped the HDR brightness along with the normal
brightness down. Much better. I've decided to keep my preorder. Hope the final build is even better.
Funny.

Yeah. At least they are trying their ass off the sell this game. But it has flop all over it.

Game was an instant turn off thanks to: only 1080p at 60 fps without any upscaling to make it appear higher res and the 4k/30 mode that has terrible input lag making it feel like shit to play.

If a game can't get ONE of those two things right than I'm OUT!

At least games like Dying Light 2 with its 1080p/60 mode (at launch) had a 4k/30 mode that was responsive. I hope Square isn't this incompetent with FF16.

Too bad the 1080p performance mode looks so soft and blurry.

Top Bottom