• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Naughty Dog dev reveals long-hidden Uncharted easter egg in The Last of Us

Kev Kev

200.gif

I mean..... it’s hardly recognizable lol of course no one noticed it.

Is it just me? Am I looking at it wrong?

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Is this some sort of joke? Zoomed in on pic in OP, can’t see shit

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
-Puts an easter egg.

-The easter egg is made so nobody can recognize the easter egg.

So genius.
I mean even knowing there's the easter egg in that picture I still can't really see it and if the plane wasn't red I wouldn't even know where to look.No shit it hasn't been uncovered.

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I've played Uncharted 1 several times and I would never notice that.

Kuranghi

I really hope inside the cockpit Sully and Nathan are there as screaming skeletons. They entered a portal and landed in TLOU-world and they listened to the radio for a bit to see what the world was like and then decided it was better to starve to death in the plane.

Kev Kev

I've played Uncharted 1 several times and I would never notice that.
lol nobody would... in fact no one did, and never would have if it wasnt for this guy saying "hey look what i did!" lol

easter eggs are cool and all, but people have to actually to find them for them to have the proper effect

Reusing assets counts as an Easter egg now?
Easter eggs are hidden items. Uncharted and The Last of Us aren't connected, so yes, this would be an easter egg.

The Uncharted games also had "Strange Relics" that were the precursor orbs from Jak & Daxter.

Last edited:

False

Easter eggs are hidden items. Uncharted and The Last of Us aren't connected, so yes, this would be an easter egg.

The Uncharted games also had "Strange Relics" that were the precursor orbs from Jak & Daxter.
It’s the same studio, using 3D model assets within their catalogue. The games are connected by a setting called “real life” where sea planes exist in each. You can’t even see the emblem on the side of the plane or anything that makes it really unique.

Far from placing an object that actually has no place in the world of the game like a precursor orb in Uncharted. THAT is an Easter egg, yes.

Edit to add: Basically I view this as a neat behind the scenes factoid of development. Not an Easter egg, even if he thinks it is.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Game maker does easter egg hoping to get attention

Nobody notices. Game maker feels like shit

Gamer maker reveals 8 years later an easter egg no gamers noticed

Gamers say that's cool

Gamer maker now feels better. Ego saved

regawdless

Banned
I like Easter eggs a lot, in general. Not this one though. This "reveal" sucks, so boooooooring.

Still nice that he's put in the effort and tried to do something interesting.

Top Bottom