• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten Gem Alert: Gladius

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I figure to use my old age in experience to highlight some older games that younger gamers may not have heard of. Gladius is first up.

Gladius was released for the GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 back in 2003. It was developed by LucasArts who were a good developer at the time. The game is a turned based RPG that takes place in Roman times. You play as a gladiator named Valens. I do not want to give away story elements but the story involves : murder, betrayal, revenge, victory and defeat.

I played it on the GameCube and had a blast. It stands out from the usual turned based RPG. Unique gameplay and a good story.

Aion002

Cool game. I think that I still have the ps2 disc.

Good Times Drink GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

KiteGr

I love how Konami has a series of games way before this, and they where able to keep the name Gladius because Konami wrote theirs in Engrishu!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I prefered a gladiator game on PSP where you had real time action combat and it kinda felt a bit like Monster Hunter in a very different way as you grind battles to upgrade your gladiator gear and skills. I don't remember what it was called though. Edit: found it:

Last edited:

bobone

Fantastic game, highly recommended . Also played on Gamecube when it launched. Lucas Arts really had some hits back then.

Top Bottom