• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget thrustmaster/fanatec, get an AXSIM instead (if you're not a casual)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...rs-chest-crushing-realism-in-your-living-room

It’s quite literally a breathtaking experience to feel the simulated compression in the cockpit. Combined with the feedback from the wheels, pedals and sim suspension, it’s the closest you’ll get to racing at Spa, short of strapping yourself into a single-seater at the circuit.

That’s the experience that Cranfield Simulations is trying to perfect with its bespoke racing sims, which can be installed in any well-sized spare room. The AXSIM rigs have been developed from its years of experience working with the armed forces on cutting-edge fighter jet simulations, as well as Formula 1 teams’ own in-house simulators, although the firm won’t reveal who.

The sense of driving a racing car at speed is a step up from a high-end home sim set-up, let alone playing GT Sport with a Thrustmaster wheel.

Designed predominantly with Assetto Corsa in mind though fully capable of running any modern sim racing game, the experience can be tuned to preference with your favourite title in mind.

Despite the increasing discomfort from the aggressive airbags, I would have happily driven all day, and I could, given a decent-sized spare room and a little more in my bank account. AXSIM models start at £16,400 but you’ll need just under £90,000 for the full motion and G-force GT car simulator. The top-end F1 model, with moulded cockpit is an extra £10,000, and there’s a 2022 version in development. Included is a fitting so the race seat is moulded to fit perfectly.

axsim.jpg

dont-care-how-i-want-it-now-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Nah. I'm fine with Thrustmaster.

Imagine having that kind of rig, and putting it in front of a single TV. Plebs. 😂

Last edited:

Rac3r

I just upgraded to a Fanatec CSL DD from a Thrustmaster T300. Fanatec direct drive (or podium if you are willing to shell out) are all anyone needs imo. Amazing piece of hardware. Skip logitech and thrustmaster belt-driven wheels if you play racing games frequently.

Klik

After trying VR i can definitely say its the future. Not even triple 65" monitors come close to VR. The immersion it offers is just a gamechanger

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
After trying VR i can definitely say its the future. Not even triple 65" monitors come close to VR. The immersion it offers is just a gamechanger
What headset did you use? I tried with my OG Vive and the screen door effect was way too limiting for middle and long distance.

Looks pretty cool as piece of hardware, but I'd rather have something with big screens right in front of my face to maximize dat FOV

Top Bottom