• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida mom posts 15 minute video ranting about Islam being taught in World History

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostjoke

Banned
Who would have thought a religion almost a millennium and a half years old would have such a major and far reaching impact on the world?

cvXLB4z.jpg

Coke nail?

rpmurphy

Sounds like the class of people who would believe it if someone told them it's un-American and un-patriotic to get a college education... which I feel would one of these days be a right-wing talking point..

Beartruck

Never knew modern numbers were Arabic. Guess the FBI should raid college trig courses, they're clearly secret Muslim training grounds.

ReAxion

Sounds like the class of people who would believe it if someone told them it's un-American and un-patriotic to get a college education... which I feel would one of these days be a right-wing talking point..

That's kind of already a thing. "Intellectuals" is a bad word.

Sadly, it doesn't look like she is accepting the facts she learned about Islam and Muslim culture while making this video.

She'd rather continue to believe the lies that FoxNews feeds her bigoted face and hold on to her prejudices.

cdyhybrid

She doesn't want students learning about the civilization that basically invented the foundation of modern math.

Okay.

StoneFox

This is sad. In my AP world history class we had a speaker come in to give us a nice Islamic lecture, including the numbers and the historical significance of Islam on world culture. People need to be more open-minded.

Aselith

This is sad. In my AP world history class we had a speaker come in to give us a nice Islamic lecture, including the numbers and the historical significance of Islam on world culture. People need to be more open-minded.

Openmindedness lets the devil in.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Speaking of Arabic numerals, I saw this on FB recently and it did blow my mind

7mG3W2l.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah pretty sure that's complete nonsense.
Someone shared it on FB so it must be a fact

It all falls apart on 7 and 9.
The post says the modern form of the letters has devolved.

Edit: found this on wiki

As in many numbering systems, the numbers 1, 2, and 3 represent simple tally marks

So it's probably sort of true for the first few numbers.. Though it's not all that insightful. Chinese numbers are the same.

Never heard anyone say "Ay-rab" in a non-facetious manner.

I'd also never spit water out of my mouth while drinking until I started watching this video.

Generalizing everyone who say's "y'all" is just as ignorant as this dumb broad.
As a person who says y'all and folks more than anyone I've met on my travels, I'd say not "Just as" anything. It's silly, but just as? It's official..folks on here are hilarious.

Trouble

Banned
Someone shared it on FB so it must be a fact

The post says the modern form of the letters has devolved.

Edit: found this on wiki

As in many numbering systems, the numbers 1, 2, and 3 represent simple tally marks

So it's probably sort of true for the first few numbers.. Though it's not all that insightful. Chinese numbers are the same.

Pretty good summary here on why the angle origin is bullshit here:

http://www.jefflewis.net/blog/2009/10/origin_of_arabic_numerals_was_1.html

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Are those her tits or knee caps?
Sort of looks like this
s23We9n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom