• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Linkark07

Banned
Finally started playing this after picking up the Special Edition at launch. At chapter 13 in Birthright on hard/classic with only one death thus far (Hinata RIP).

Seems like I'm getting close to being able to have a bunch of children. Is there a general consensus for good parent combos?

Or, simply, what should I avoid to make sure I don't have mediocre ones? Just match up similar classes and I'm good? For example, I'm thinking Hinoka/Silas and Corrin (M/physical)/Hana? Also what would a good candidate for Azura be given her class is fairly unique?

It is usually accepted Midori is a great child for Azura. While Kaze/Azura don't get a superb pairup, Midori really benefits from Azura.

If memory serves me well, either Hinoka or Hana are good for Selkie. I also understand Hinoka is a good mother for Caeldori. As for Not Tharja, Orochi is also good.

Don't remember any other good Birthright combos though. I usually marry my Corrin with Silas for Sophie.

I also maryr Ryouma with Rinkah. But since I hardly use Shirou, don't know if it is good.

Volotaire

Finally finished Birthright lunatic classic after 100 hours. Jesus. It was my first time playing it (and my first FE since the GBA games) and it took time to adjust to the new mechanics that have developed in the series since and the mechanics introduced in this game.

RIP Sazio who died in chapter 27.

I hear lunatic Conquest is insane... I'll try and start on lunatic and see how it goes but I doubt I will get very far.

Marz

I'm just getting around to beating Revelations, after I'm going to run through awakening, birthright, conquest, and revelations all on lunatic. Any tips?

I'm just getting around to beating Revelations, after I'm going to run through awakening, birthright, conquest, and revelations all on lunatic. Any tips?
Awakening: do +speed - luck Robin, try to get them as many levels in the first few chapters as you can (this is the hardest part because the first few chapters are rough), let Robin become absurd and reclass to Peg Knight when you get a Second Seal, then stomp maps and promote to Dark Flyer. If Robin can't solo a map because she takes too much damage, reclass her to Sorceress and Nosferatu tank. Maybe get Lucina or Chrom some levels to help with Grima.

Birthright: have Saizo or Kaze kill everything until you get Ryoma, then have Ryoma kill everything. Use other characters if you want to.

Conquest: I'm not an expert but I think the best Corrin build is a girl +Mag -Luck with a Cavalier option and paired with Jakob, who you reclass early to Great Knight. Reclass Corrin to a Paladin with your second Heart Seal and give them the Levin Sword. Camilla and Xander are really good, give Xander all of your speedwings and pair him with Charlotte. Ask other people who are better at this than me for other details.

Revelation: uh have Corrin solo stuff for a while and then use the really good characters (Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Camilla). Most of the characters in this are trash.

Awakening: do +speed - luck Robin, try to get them as many levels in the first few chapters as you can (this is the hardest part because the first few chapters are rough), let Robin become absurd and reclass to Peg Knight when you get a Second Seal, then stomp maps and promote to Dark Flyer. If Robin can't solo a map because she takes too much damage, reclass her to Sorceress and Nosferatu tank. Maybe get Lucina or Chrom some levels to help with Grima.

Birthright: have Saizo or Kaze kill everything until you get Ryoma, then have Ryoma kill everything. Use other characters if you want to.

Conquest: I'm not an expert but I think the best Corrin build is a girl +Mag -Luck with a Cavalier option and paired with Jakob, who you reclass early to Great Knight. Reclass Corrin to a Paladin with your second Heart Seal and give them the Levin Sword. Camilla and Xander are really good, give Xander all of your speedwings and pair him with Charlotte. Ask other people who are better at this than me for other details.

Revelation: uh have Corrin solo stuff for a while and then use the really good characters (Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Camilla). Most of the characters in this are trash.

Look at this outdated pre-English release meta (although I don't think GK Jakob was ever a thing vs Paladin) :p

+magic/-luck Malig Knight Corrin is stupidly powerful, it also means you can pass wyvern to Jakob, and yes, Elbow Room+Defender+Strength +2+Trample that early is as OP as it sounds.

Look at this outdated pre-English release meta (although I don't think GK Jakob was ever a thing vs Paladin) :p

+magic/-luck Malig Knight Corrin is stupidly powerful, it also means you can pass wyvern to Jakob, and yes, Elbow Room+Defender+Strength +2+Trample that early is as OP as it sounds.
I mean I'm the one who just wants to push Bow Knight Corrin because it's my favorite class, I'm just bad lol

I thought GK was better than Paladin because it was better pair up bonuses but I guess I was wrong, I wonder where I got that from.

I mean I'm the one who just wants to push Bow Knight Corrin because it's my favorite class, I'm just bad lol

I thought GK was better than Paladin because it was better pair up bonuses but I guess I was wrong, I wonder where I got that from.

Jakob doesn't really sit in the back with Corrin much after hitting S support actually (until possibly the last few chapters, but by then you have plenty of Heart Seals).

Marz

So I want to go female Malig Knight for Corrin and reclass Jakob to a Wyvern Lord asap?

Volotaire

I'm on Chapter 8 Conquest on lunatic. I need some advice on the overall difficulty of Conquest.

I'm trying to save the villages by rushing them to get the reward (had a look at what the reward is and it's 10K gold). I'm having no luck, and the furthest I can reach is getting the 3 villages. However, my units subsequently die because of the mix of either magic or strength units being a weakness to my pair up, and the sheer number of enemies.

For a first time Conquest player, and given how hard this game will probably get, would you advise proceeding with Chapter 8 without the reward or lowering the difficulty given how crucial the reward is due to limited grinding.

EDIT: On reflection I'm going to drop it to hard. I kind of want to get through the game in a reasonable time and not tear my hair out haha.

Shinypogs

I'm on Chapter 8 Conquest on lunatic. I need some advice on the overall difficulty of Conquest.

I'm trying to save the villages by rushing them to get the reward (had a look at what the reward is and it's 10K gold). I'm having no luck, and the furthest I can reach is getting the 3 villages. However, my units subsequently die because of the mix of either magic or strength units being a weakness to my pair up, and the sheer number of enemies.

For a first time Conquest player, and given how hard this game will probably get, would you advise proceeding with Chapter 8 without the reward or lowering the difficulty given how crucial the reward is due to limited grinding.

EDIT: On reflection I'm going to drop it to hard. I kind of want to get through the game in a reasonable time and not tear my hair out haha.

Only 3 villages is all you need to get the best reward.

Marz

It was hard to get all the villages on hard for me, have no idea how I would do it on lunatic.

Erheller

You can do it by completely ignoring the top and top-right portions of the map. The villages you should visit are the bottom-right one and the two on the left.

You can use a Freeze staff to prevent the lancers/spearmen/whatever they're called from moving. This is actually one of the few times in the game where attack stance is helpful - the immense number of enemies from the villages make it difficult to kill them all without using attack stance.

Cerium

Does Revelations have a better story than the other routes?

I kinda want to play more Fire Emblem, but at the same time Conquest was literally painful to work through.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I kinda want to play more Fire Emblem, but at the same time Conquest was literally painful to work through.

I just finished the first two Revelations missions, they were great! I finished Conquest in Hard/Casual and loved it, it was my GOTY. Doing Rev at Hard/Classic and it's fantastic.

But I'm literally mashing Start/skip in every cutscene. Don't play the game for the story.

The story of Revelations is sorta a mixed bag. It explains and answers some questions that were unresolved in the other two paths but it still has some pretty bad writing and characterization. It's better than Conquest at the very least, but that's not exactly saying much.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
^ wrong thread lol

I think I'm more stuck on Lunatic Conquest 17 than I was on that infamous defense chapter.

Each ninja taking 20% of my max hp and each master ninja taking 40% of it is something I can't just keep soaking up. On top of that, the NPC you're given is just constantly suiciding themselves. Regardless of difficulty, I'm not sure which developer thought any of this was fun.

^ wrong thread lol

I think I'm more stuck on Lunatic Conquest 17 than I was on that infamous defense chapter.

Each ninja taking 20% of my max hp and each master ninja taking 40% of it is something I can't just keep soaking up. On top of that, the NPC you're given is just constantly suiciding themselves. Regardless of difficulty, I'm not sure which developer thought any of this was fun.

You can just 2 turn the map or trap Saizo so he doesn't run off.

Now chapter 19, that's not fun.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

I'd rather not cheese the map during my first run.

I actually tried to think about ways of trapping him. I think I need 7 units to do so. Can I get away with less? Not sure what the average level for your units should be, but mine average out at about 17-18.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I don't remember 17 and 19, what was their gimmick?

Hell, ALL of Conquest was real hard. I can't fathom the people who played on Classic and kept everyone alive. I feel like Conquest had you with an understanding that people ARE GOING TO DIE DEAL WITH IT K, or have fun replaying these long maps for 45 minutes.

Once I switched Conquest down to Cas, I LOVED it. The whole thing was fun and no map ever felt frustrating in Casual. The game felt meant to be played without the fear of perma death, because death is everywhere. I would only recommend Classic Conquest after you cleared the game once and have a firm understanding what units you need to invest in and know what you need to do on each map. Or else Conquest is some real tedious dungeon crawling micro improvement on each run.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

Hell, ALL of Conquest was real hard. I can't fathom the people who played on Classic and kept everyone alive. I feel like Conquest had you with an understanding that people ARE GOING TO DIE DEAL WITH IT K, or have fun replaying these long maps for 45 minutes.

Once I switched Conquest down to Cas, I LOVED it. The game felt meant to be played without the fear of perma death, because death is everywhere. I would only recommend Classic Conquest after you cleared the game once and have a firm understanding what units you need to invest in and know what you need to do on each map. Or else Conquest is some real tedious dungeon crawling micro improvement on each run.
17 is the ninja funhouse. A healthy amount of ninjas + a few master swordsmasters to screw your axe tanks.

I've been doing ok on classic. I find the challenge fun. Some chapters can take me weeks of on and off attempts to beat and it's like a puzzle in that way.

What's nice is that it can be as hard or easy as I'd like it. For that defense chapter, I could've made it easier if I didn't get all 4 houses, but I thought that was a fun challenge. I did draw the line at trying to kill Takumi though, I don't think I could've made that happen. Even in this chapter, I could just let Saizo die and that would make my defense a bit easier, but I'm not 100% ready to ditch the bastard yet.

neoemonk

I need to get back to Birthright and then Revelations. I did Conquest first last year and took a break after finishing, but all this Fire Emblem flying around has given me the itch.

Erheller

Finished Conquest. Gameplay was fine, but the nerfs to hand axes and javelins felt really weird, considering that you can just go to daggers/shurikens and magic weapons if you wanted a 1-2 range double attack without any maluses. It feels like Fates tried to nerf some of the broken stuff from previous games (hand axes, javelins), but added some even more broken stuff. That aside, the gameplay was generally fine. Reclassing is fun. The attack stance/defense stance is unfortunately unbalanced towards defense, but I still used a bit of attack stance throughout the game. Map design for the most part was actually pretty legit.

The story was actually really bad. I don't know why I even bothered reading it before and after every battle. The story kept
killing off all the characters I don't give a shit about. Why am I supposed to care if fish dragon lady died? I've criticized games (Trails of Cold Steel 2) for not portraying war lightly, but Conquest manages to take the worst of taking war lightly and making war edgy and grimdark. Corrin takes over a fort, stabbing everyone with the Yato. Yet somehow all of the soldiers are only wounded, no one got killed. And then Conquest goes and kills a bunch of characters. You're supposed to feel sad when dragon fish lady and Ryouma die, it's hard to feel that way. I actually forgot dragon fish lady existed. And you're fighting a war against Ryouma, for crying out loud. Why am I supposed to feel sad when he dies?

Fire Emblem games have never had amazing plots. But at least they made sense and made you feel like the lords were actually fighting a war with stakes.

I didn't really like most of the characters and support conversations. Maybe I missed some support conversations where they gave the side characters some context. Fire Emblem games used to use characters as a way to flesh out the world. You get villagers and merchants and nobles. You get foreign mercenaries and allied princes and princesses. Your units gave context to the world. Fiora talks about being a mercenary for Ilia, Dart's whole story is how he and Wil left their village to make it big as knights. I've seen nothing like this in Fates - the support conversations are just characters bouncing off each other (which is fine, that happened in the old FE games too, but that's the only type of support convo in Fates). I don't know anything about Fates' world other than there's Nohr, there's Hoshido, and there's a few tribes scattered around. I don't even know what the borders of Nohr and Hoshido are.

Oh, and the implementation of children is fucking dumb. I haven't played Awakening, so I can't comment on that. But Fates' children are fucking awful. Magical portals yeah sure why not

Once I switched Conquest down to Cas, I LOVED it. The whole thing was fun and no map ever felt frustrating in Casual. The game felt meant to be played without the fear of perma death, because death is everywhere. I would only recommend Classic Conquest after you cleared the game once and have a firm understanding what units you need to invest in and know what you need to do on each map. Or else Conquest is some real tedious dungeon crawling micro improvement on each run.

I don't think Conquest was designed for Casual mode. It's great that you enjoyed it more on Casual mode, but I played it on Hard/Classic mostly blind and I had no issues (I do think Conquest Hard is more difficult than FE7 Eliwood hard, FE8 hard, and FE9 hard). Playing on Classic means that you can't use sacrifice tactics and that you have to play more conservatively. It's a different experience from Casual. In Classic, you're punished heavily for mistakes; in Casual, not so much.. That's always what Fire Emblem Classic modes have been about, and Conquest Classic definitely continues that. So I don't think Conquest was made specifically to be played in Casual mode - IS made it so that Conquest could be enjoyed on either setting.

FWIW I think Casual mode is a great (optional) addition to the series.
I think Phoenix mode is utter trash, but hey, as long as Classic mode is there, whatever floats your boat

NeonZ

I didn't really like most of the characters and support conversations. Maybe I missed some support conversations where they gave the side characters some context. Fire Emblem games used to use characters as a way to flesh out the world. You get villagers and merchants and nobles. You get foreign mercenaries and allied princes and princesses. Your units gave context to the world. Fiora talks about being a mercenary for Ilia, Dart's whole story is how he and Wil left their village to make it big as knights. I've seen nothing like this in Fates - the support conversations are just characters bouncing off each other (which is fine, that happened in the old FE games too, but that's the only type of support convo in Fates). I don't know anything about Fates' world other than there's Nohr, there's Hoshido, and there's a few tribes scattered around. I don't even know what the borders of Nohr and Hoshido are.

Oh, and the implementation of children is fucking dumb. I haven't played Awakening, so I can't comment on that. But Fates' children are fucking awful. Magical portals yeah sure why not[/SPOILER]

Conquest actually has quite a few supports that go into backstory, although that's among many that are just characters playing off with each other. If you support the retainers with each other or with their lords generally there's some backstory, aside from Elise. There are also surprising pairs too like
Arthur/Azura, Camila/Niles, Xander/Charlotte
. There's also the issue that basically every support with the avatar, aside from the characters that can only support the avatar and a couple of others are all just focused on showing the unit's personality, rather than any real development or information about the setting or their past.

That said, even if you count those supports, the world building is weak. Each location you visit generally has an unique characteristic, but they're only introduced when you're getting there and there's very little connecting everything together. The supports do give a more general view of Nohr, like how most peasant or former peasant characters talk about living in poor conditions, but it mostly fails to connect with the main conflict. One of the most interesting bits of backstory
how aside from Xander, who was the son of Garon and the Queen, all the Nohr royals are only half-brothers and sisters, children of concubines who fought against each other through court intrigue
is mentioned in a couple of supports but is completely irrelevant to the main story too.

Jintor

so i'm just casually playing through baby tier fates birthright while waiting for zelda. I started last year and got to level 22 or whatever and just... stopped because, man, FE was great when I had free time and now that I don't eh i'll probably drop it to casual when i play revalations... if i play revelations...

anyway, my real question: are kids inherently more powerful than parents, or should i have been more careful about skill inheretance and shit? Like, i've got okay kids, but if they're not gonna be better than their folks i may as well just use my fave units instead.

Linkark07

Banned
anyway, my real question: are kids inherently more powerful than parents, or should i have been more careful about skill inheretance and shit? Like, i've got okay kids, but if they're not gonna be better than their folks i may as well just use my fave units instead.

That seriously depends on who is the mother of the child, some give them great growth in the areas they excel, other hampers them. For example, Elise is mostly a magic user, you wouldn't want her as mother for Soleil since she really doesn't excel in that area. Or Effie as Ophelia mother. Giving them the right mother though, like Elise Ophelia, she is one of the most powerful units in the game. While inherited skills aren't that important like in Awakening (looking at male children with Galeforce), they are a nice bonus. }

Birthright children, the only ones I remember that are good are Orochi Not Tharja, Azura Midori (I know there is a way to have miracle always proc so she is basically immortal), Sophie and Shiro are great too. Selkie is a mixed bag for me; I usually have Hinoka as her mother but she is above average. Dunno if there are better mothers for her.

Of course, there are parents that are too good, like Ryouma or Xander or Camilla. Units like these should always stick in your team. Remember to find good partners for increase their stats.

Voror

I should really get back on this game. Got crippled with indecision and confusion regarding the leveling system. Wonder if I can just make myself not care.

PK Gaming

so i'm just casually playing through baby tier fates birthright while waiting for zelda. I started last year and got to level 22 or whatever and just... stopped because, man, FE was great when I had free time and now that I don't eh i'll probably drop it to casual when i play revalations... if i play revelations...

It depends on the kid, but most of the time, no.

Try to wait until at least chapter 18 before recruiting them, since they come with an item that instantly promotes them.

WolfeTone

I'm playing Birthright on Hard right now. Previously got burned out on Conquest at around Chapter 20. Feeling similar fatigue with Birthright now at Chapter 19. Just took some time to tackle a few of the paralogues (Shiro, Dwyer, Kiragi, Caeldori, Sophie) and returning to the main quest all my mains are so overpowered. I think the children in this game really make it feel too bloated and mess with the pacing.

Buckle

Still playing Awakening but looking forward to starting Conquest (and eventually Birthright and Revelation).

The story concept sounds strong, being torn between two families, feeling like shit no matter who you choose, emotional turmoil, etc.

Difficulty also sounds appealing. Love Awakening but I wish there was some sweet spot between Hard and Lunatic. Pair up just completely starts to overpower the opposition after awhile with Robin and Chrom becoming demigods. So good to hear from the sound of things that its been debuffed abit in this.

Semajer

Still playing Awakening but looking forward to starting Conquest (and eventually Birthright and Revelation).

The story concept sounds strong, being torn between two families, feeling like shit no matter who you choose, emotional turmoil, etc.

Difficulty also sounds appealing. Love Awakening but I wish there was some sweet spot between Hard and Lunatic. Pair up just completely starts to overpower the opposition after awhile with Robin and Chrom becoming demigods. So good to hear from the sound of things that its been debuffed abit in this.

Prepare for disappointment.

Golnei

It definitely sounded promising. You'll be in awe as to how comprehensively they squandered every facet of its potential.

Shinypogs

I can usually keep Saizo alive even on lunatic just by healing him and not clearing the traps so he wastes turns doing that. It's worth the staff uses and following him around to get those speedwings for keeping him alive. On the other hand "I'm better as a pair of boots" might as well not exist in most of my runs.

Volotaire

I feel like an idiot. I have just found special edition bonus items by selecting the glass ball in my playthrough. Boots and a promotion item amongst other items.

I don't think I looked at the Streetpass functionality after my first time trying the game.

kids generally aren't better than their parents, the only notable kid for maingame purposes is Percy

Shinypogs

kids generally aren't better than their parents, the only notable kid for maingame purposes is Percy
Ophelia beats Odin as a magic user. Haven't tried her as a samurai with Levin sword but she might win there too over him as primarily physical samurai.
Velouria is better or tied with Keaton depending on her mother.
Midori might be better than Kaze if only because she can't get as strength fucked.

I'd agree that they aren't really necessary though. The only exception might be Ophelia if you want an early dark mage with both good magic and an actual hit rate ( nyx pls).

All that said the kids can completely break the game if you do wanna play some serious eugenics games and they just get more hilarious if you partner or friendship seal them for even more skills.

Also if you haven't married your Avatar off yet do note that their children inherit the wyrm slayer weakness. Children of the kitsune and wolfskin fathers inherit the beast weakness which they keep even if they aren't in the beast class.

Ophelia beats Odin as a magic user. Haven't tried her as a samurai with Levin sword but she might win there too over him as primarily physical samurai.
Midori might be better than Kaze if only because she can't get as strength fucked.

Velouria is better than Keaton but is still far from notable, same goes for Ophelia (and Odin is arguably better if you've actually invested in him anyway, he has a lot more bulk), Midori just sucks outside of PVP.

and Elise!Ophelia's hit is almost as bad as Nyx's so I dunno what that's about

PK Gaming

I'd agree that they aren't really necessary though. The only exception might be Ophelia if you want an early dark mage with both good magic and an actual hit rate ( nyx pls).

All that said the kids can completely break the game if you do wanna play some serious eugenics games and they just get more hilarious if you partner or friendship seal them for even more skills.

Also if you haven't married your Avatar off yet do note that their children inherit the wyrm slayer weakness. Children of the kitsune and wolfskin fathers inherit the beast weakness which they keep even if they aren't in the beast class.

Even with heavy duty eugenics, none of the kids come even remotely close to matching what characters like Corrin, Jakob, Camilla, Xander, etc bring to the table.

NeonZ

Even with heavy duty eugenics, none of the kids come even remotely close to matching what characters like Corrin, Jakob, Camilla, Xander, etc bring to the table.

Corrin and Xander, yes, since there's really nothing the children can get to make up for the exclusive weapons, but I'm not sure why you throw Camilla and Jakob there.

Corrin and Xander, yes, since there's really nothing the children can get to make up for the exclusive weapons, but I'm not sure why you throw Camilla and Jakob there.

Because they don't need exclusive weapons to wreck shit (in fact, both Camilla and Jakob contribute more than Xander), nor does Corrin even use the Yato much until endgame.

NeonZ

Because they don't need exclusive weapons to wreck shit (in fact, both Camilla and Jakob contribute more than Xander), nor does Corrin even use the Yato much until endgame.

That... sounds really wrong from my experience. Unless, you're just going "the unit is available earlier, so it's useful for longer", which seems like an odd way of measuring a unit's overall usefulness.

The issue is that a child unit can surpass Camila's stats, and she doesn't really have an unique skill or weapon to make up for that. I guess I can see why you'd rate Jakob higher though, but after some frustrating experiences I pretty much disregarded the avoid stat in Conquest.

That... sounds really wrong from my experience. Unless, you're just going "the unit is available earlier, so it's useful for longer", which seems like an odd way of measuring a unit's overall usefulness.
It's not the only metric but it's an important one, otherwise Sety would be the best FE character of all time.

maybe you have a point

emag

I'm playing Birthright on Hard right now. Previously got burned out on Conquest at around Chapter 20. Feeling similar fatigue with Birthright now at Chapter 19. Just took some time to tackle a few of the paralogues (Shiro, Dwyer, Kiragi, Caeldori, Sophie) and returning to the main quest all my mains are so overpowered. I think the children in this game really make it feel too bloated and mess with the pacing.

I had to force myself to finish Birthright on hard. Ryoma and Takumi could probably clear most maps by themselves (or with a little help from Corrin, Oboro/Shiro, and a decent mage), but the game throws so many enemies (and reinforcements) at you later in the later levels that it's an excruciating chore to clear maps.

What happened to the reasonably-sized maps of the GBA games? I'd rather have Fire Emblem Heroes' 4 heroes vs 3-6 enemies than Birthright's 16+ heroes on 40+ enemies.

I also hated the dual attacks in Fates (the results are too difficult to predict). And Birthright's story and characters are beyond disappointing, of course. Why are children even present? Is this a mandatory part of all FE games post-Awakening, no matter how shoe-horned a fit?

That... sounds really wrong from my experience. Unless, you're just going "the unit is available earlier, so it's useful for longer", which seems like an odd way of measuring a unit's overall usefulness. The issue is that a child unit can surpass Camila's stats, and she doesn't really have an unique skill or weapon to make up for that.

I guess I can see why you'd rate Jakob higher though, but after some frustrating experiences I pretty much disregarded the avoid stat in Conquest.

No kid passes Camilla's stats (or exceeds her mobility, only Percy ties here), seeing as she has a 5 level lead on them at all times, and picks up Trample to further boost her damage at a point where you'd expect kids to finally catch up.

Jakob is even more ridiculous skillwise, have him marry wyvern Corrin and he'll have Elbow Room/Defender/Strength +2/Trample by midgame.

NeonZ

No kid passes Camilla's stats (or exceeds her mobility, only Percy ties here), seeing as she has a 5 level lead on them at all times, and picks up Trample to further boost her damage at a point where you'd expect kids to finally catch up.

Why would she have a 5 level lead when you should be investing in superior units for the harder chapters ahead? Conquest doesn't have a reverse level curve - aside from some of those midpoint chapters, so there's no advantage in focusing on her just because she's there earlier.

Jakob is even more ridiculous skillwise, have him marry wyvern Corrin and he'll have Elbow Room/Defender/Strength +2/Trample by midgame.

Ok, I didn't try to go with a Malig Knight Jakob, since I never choose Wyvern Knight for Corrin in the first place, but the amount of investment you're talking about there could give a wide skill selection to quite a few other units. There's nothing special about Jakob in that sense.

Top Bottom