• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Engage Announced | Nintendo Direct

Man this is tonally all over the place

Name sounds like a moba game

so does hanging out with the ghosts of other fire emblem characters that you like

3 houses had great characters but these characters look dumb AF with that red/blue hair gtfo

total clown town

Guess I gotta buy it anyway cuz it's fire emblem

If nintendo's plan was to lower my expectations so I'm pleasantly surprised, mission accomplished for the first part

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Shadows of Valentia is still the current best Fire Emblem it seems. I'd love it if they made a Fire Emblem that stood on it's own merits and didn't success coast past entries characters into the mix.

The main character looks like a Toothpaste brand. What a circus clown of a design. Character will probably have a personality.

Shit design = Great Personality

Great design = No Personality

It's a pass for me.

NanaMiku

I absolutely hate the art styles of modern Fire Emblem games. Looks trashy and lots of same-face going on.
I feel modern Fire Emblem's art style is in line with the current anime, trashy and same face lol. The series always have the same art style as the anime art style in the period they were released.

The character designer is Mika Pikazo

She designed for some Vtuber:
Hakos_Baelz_Portrait.png

Kaguya_Luna_Official_Portrait_(Cropped).png

Pinky_Pop_Hepburn_Official_Portrait.jpg

Also for FGO

S276_Stage1.webp

I guess her trademark design is the multi color hair

ranmafan

I was thinking yesterday that it would be so nice to see a new fire emblem at the direct, but thought it was too soon after the release of the musou game. Then Nintendo comes and shows it first on the direct and gives it a January date and I’m like, I don’t care about what else they show this is the best already.

Already got the special edition preordered. The great Japanese srpg season continues!

NanaMiku

I still have 1 more catalogue ticket in the Japanese eShop. You can redeem it for Fire Emblem Engage (PO available). Now I'm torn, redeem it for FE Engage or Zelda TotK. Still no PO for Zelda though.

Ferdimage

FE3H characters were more striking , made buy a Switch and play a FE game for the first time.
Female Byleth and Edelgard caught my eye.

Engage looks like Ryza characters, which I dont like :(

Camreezie

Im going to guess theyre gonna follow this up with a third Fire Emblem Warriors game too as theyre putting out a Nintendo x Warriors game annualy atm

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Same I personally really like the art style and animation also vastly improved compare to Three Houses.
It looks improved. I'm not that into the character designs but the animations look a lot better. I've always liked FE games so I'm sure I'll get it. But I do wish they'd move back towards more realism, and less of the Persona vibe. Seems like they're going further into the anime influences, but I do like the vibrant colors at least.

Kataploom

Gold Member
It looks improved. I'm not that into the character designs but the animations look a lot better. I've always liked FE games so I'm sure I'll get it. But I do wish they'd move back towards more realism, and less of the Persona vibe. Seems like they're going further into the anime influences, but I do like the vibrant colors at least.
They've never not been not influenced by anime, it's just the anime is just too broad of a term... Anime can be as Monster or as Konosuba as you want

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
To me Fire Emblem was always high fantasy and "anime" compare to other SRPGs.

For example: original Fire Emblem
SdhJNSdP1OBIqpnG3ERP.jpg

Compare to Tactics Ogre.
tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together-japan.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom