• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

ubercheez

So I've just started scratching the surface of the Realm Reborn endgame, and I'm currently working through the quest to unlock the Crystal Tower. Will I be able to find a group to go through it? Does the Gaf FC ever do old content or learning nights?

I just bought Heavensward, but I'd still like to experience everything from the original game at least once.

Wilsongt

So I've just started scratching the surface of the Realm Reborn endgame, and I'm currently working through the quest to unlock the Crystal Tower. Will I be able to find a group to go through it? Does the Gaf FC ever do old content or learning nights?

I just bought Heavensward, but I'd still like to experience everything from the original game at least once.

Prepare to sit in DF for hours unless you adverise a poetics bonus via PF.

Unfortunately the ffxiv team struggles to make old content relevant and on par with their new ones so no you will have trouble finding a group.

good thing you are on a primal server because on reddit they occasionally hold crystal tower raids activity every friday, saturday, or sunday evening.

Squishy3

You can entice people with the poetics bonus in the FC and party finder and should be able to get a full party. And another option is like others said, you could queue on a sunday as the XIV subreddit organizes attempts to fill up the CT raids via duty finder.

Squishy3

Best minion.
I'm looking forward to the 2% drop rate from the trial, assuming there's a trial in it like there was for 2.2 Hildibrand, since the shot of Vivi's in the Hildibrand part of the article. Maybe the Waltzes are the new Hildibrand antagonists? :p

Valor

I don't even understand how people could not like the Midas stuff >_> Like I get people who don't like the weird steampunk wannabe armor of Gordias, but there's nothing remotely offensive about the Midas gear so far.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And it only took them what... 13 years?

On another note, found something to shoot for while waiting for patch to drop. I'm going to finish other beast tribe quests for that Sable Death Mask. It's going to look so sick with my armored monk glamour set I'm working on.

Yeah, I've become THAT kind of player now.
Glamour is the only REAL endgame.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't even understand how people could not like the Midas stuff >_> Like I get people who don't like the weird steampunk wannabe armor of Gordias, but there's nothing remotely offensive about the Midas gear so far.
The caster gear is incredibly boring to me. Like some rags I might pick up from a dungeon. Not all of it looks bad (Aiming gear looks great), but it doesn't look that great for the gear I think they should put the most amount of work into (which is probably a backwards way of thinking).

aceface

I'm looking forward to the 2% drop rate from the trial, assuming there's a trial in it like there was for 2.2 Hildibrand, since the shot of Vivi's in the Hildibrand part of the article. Maybe the Waltzes are the new Hildibrand antagonists? :p

But Hildebrand trials have always had 100% drop rates for minions in the past.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Midan gear looks amazing. Can't wait to get my bow mage set.

Redx508

Zse52Qi.png

Man. I'm bummed. I used to play this on PC all the time, but health problems (arthritis and other joint problems due to repetitive stress injuries) made me give up on the mouse & keyboard lifestyle. I wanted to try out the PS4 version after Diablo III went so well for me, and when I saw that "Buy Heavansward, get free Base Game code" on offer through Amazon, I jumped at it.

And now I can't play due to a registration error on the A Realm Reborn (base game) code. Bummer. I'm already in the process of resolving this through S-E's support staff, but I was set on playing it today. I was really looking forward to spending a ton of hours setting up a comfortable button configuration.

Maybe this is the universe trying to tell me not to get sucked back into an MMO.

Ken

Man. I'm bummed. I used to play this on PC all the time, but health problems (arthritis and other joint problems due to repetitive stress injuries) made me give up on the mouse & keyboard lifestyle. I wanted to try out the PS4 version after Diablo III went so well for me, and when I saw that "Buy Heavansward, get free Base Game code" on offer through Amazon, I jumped at it.

And now I can't play due to a registration error on the A Realm Reborn (base game) code. Bummer. I'm already in the process of resolving this through S-E's support staff, but I was set on playing it today. I was really looking forward to spending a ton of hours setting up a comfortable button configuration.

Maybe this is the universe trying to tell me not to get sucked back into an MMO.

Maybe, but controller support is really good if you do get into the game.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Healer gear looks like the Shiva model. Maybe the press release mislabeled it and both casters get Shiva, just one gets the darker one?

Can't make out the machinist in the dungeon video but that leaves Ramuh of course.
Edit: NEVERMIND Aiming is Leviathan.

Ken

Is the primal fending set just MNK Ifrit set with a skirt? Lol.

Midas 4 boss looks pretty cool, and the small sample music was promising.

Top Bottom