• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Dammit, game. I wanted to be Shiva!

I will accept Ramuh or Mog though, I guess. Although there's no way they're topping the current Mog gun.

We could still be Shiva, Angary. Remember that one time casters and rangers inexplicably shared the gear design?

GAF, I know most of you on A4 are done or almost done with it but would anyone be interested in some extra practice? My static only runs twice a week and I really want to see more of the fight (WHM).

IvorB

Yeah that's BLM/SMN according to the site. They also had ninja

finalfantasyxiv_22_cs1w1_400x.jpg

This outfit is a disgrace.

Well I didn't expect Dragoon to be Garuda or caster to be Shiva, but there they are

Right now
MNK Ifrit
DRG Garuda
BLM/SMN Shiva
NIN Leviathan

We have
PLD/WAR
WHM/SCH/AST
BRD/MCH

And
Ramuh
Mog King
TITAN

Left if we're only considering ARR primals (not including Ultima and Bahamut).

What if BRD/MCH is Ramuh? Healers are going to be Mog! lol

I think we all know that tanks and healers are going to be wearing High Allagan or crafted High Allagan.

iammeiam

On a positive note, that Midas gear is so fucking on point.

You are the reason our LB is trash, you are the reason our gear is ugly, your bow glamour is somehow the ugliest harpbow in this game's entire collection of ugly harpbows. When will you stop trying to ruin aiming for the rest of us?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You are the reason our LB is trash, you are the reason our gear is ugly, your bow glamour is somehow the ugliest harpbow in this game's entire collection of ugly harpbows. When will you stop trying to ruin aiming for the rest of us?

e4c0b70c1bd49a6d30b63efef9df305d.jpg

I personally kinda warmed up to Midas gear. It's low-key but so was the original Allagan.

iammeiam

Because Galen.

I personally kinda warmed up to Midas gear. It's low-key but so was the original Allagan.

Not a fan of the visors in this game in general or the original Allagan aiming set; it's basically the second tier of meh raid gear in a row to me. Gordian stuff looks way better dyed which may also be the case here, but so far it's a weird combination of bland and busy. And will probably scale terribly down to Lalafell.

Which is (hopefully) what the tome set is for. Or I'll just spend next tier glamoured into Tacky Gold Lightning. I dunno.

dramatis

I forgot about this, but I assume they're going to have dungeon armor drops too? Unless they're moving the set from the current dungeons up and slotting Law gear in.

MogCakes

Oh good. Everyone will look like ass in their shiny new outfits while I get to rock some glams that aren't so prevalent now that the fashion fad has moved on.

Damn, that Shiva set is actually very beautiful. I may consider leaving that on my black mage because I know my Elezen will look nice in it. Dragoon one is absolutely terrible. Just curious but are lore sets going to be class exclusive? I wonder what the AST one will look like.

Oh wait if Shiva is for BLM and SMN then that rules class exclusive out.

The Gnath mount looks better every time I see it, it's perfection.

Meanwhile in FFXI they're adding crab mounts, disgusting.

And it only took them what... 13 years?

On another note, found something to shoot for while waiting for patch to drop. I'm going to finish other beast tribe quests for that Sable Death Mask. It's going to look so sick with my armored monk glamour set I'm working on.

Yeah, I've become THAT kind of player now.

Valor

Embrace the moogle you will become
I blame you specifically for this, just so you know.
I actually changed my bow to the Garuda bow so shush.

Midas gear looks great, but I wouldn't expect a Face-tattoo'd-marshmallow-hatted-metallic-purple-clad rotten potato to understand anything about what looks good!

Squishy3

I think the Dragoon armor looks fine aside from the helmet. At least you don't need to glamour to hide helmets!

It's giving me soldiery helmet flashbacks.

3d380940d7f5afc47e5fc320519beb2823bb1555.jpg

JSoup

Banned
It's pretty fun that I have the same problem in Ff14 that I do in WoW.
Namely, dumb looking head pieces for casters.
In WoW, it's collars popped to the sky.
In FF14, it's brims stretching across three counties.

I decided to test out the benchmark to see how my system handles the game. Almost got to the end before it crashed resulting in me having to restart the system since my mouse would only show up on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

Looks like there is an issue if you have a card from the R9 290-380 series of cards where the game will randomly crash like that. The issue was found on both NVIDIA and AMD cards around release of Heavensward followed by NVIDIA fixing it quickly.

While AMD has done nothing during all that time.

I guess I should have done more research before plopping down $30. At least I didn't pay full price though, so there's that.

EDIT: APparently DX9 results in no crashes. I try that out and see what happens.

Top Bottom