• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

B.K.

Yeah. Sounds like they're going to take R/E/M weapons to 125 or whatever level Aeonic weapons end up being.

Glad to see everyone so enthusiastic about Aeonic weapons! I'd like to share some more exciting news.

To coincide with the implementation of Aeonic weapons, we will also be doing something for Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons. We’ve kept you all waiting for a bit, but we will once again be making these weapons that hold a special place in your heart have an active role in battles. We’ll be announcing more details via topics and the forum soon.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...Aeonic-Weapons?p=564526&viewfull=1#post564526

I wish they would offer up a way to get an Echad Ring now. Sad I missed it :(.

Hey good news.

Characters active on a PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI subscription via a SQUARE ENIX account active for at least one day during the period of Tuesday, September 1, 2015, to Saturday, October 31, 2015, are eligible.

All characters eligible as per the above will receive a Mog Pell (Red) delivered to them by mail.

Mog Pell (Red) can be traded to any "Festive Moogle" for any of the following items.

-- buncha garbage --

12 Wailing Stones +1
12 Snowslit Stones +1 / 12 Leafslit Stones +1 / 12 Duskslit Stones +1 /
12 Snowtip Stones +1 / 12 Leaftip Stones +1 / 12 Dusktip Stones +1 /
12 Snowdim Stones +1 / 12 Leafdim Stones +1 / 12 Duskdim Stones +1 /
12 Snoworb Stones +1 / 12 Leaforb Stones +1 / 12 Duskorb Stones +1 /
6 Pulchridopt Wings / 6 Lebondobt Wings / 6 Mellidopt Wings

Echad Ring / Trizek Ring

-- buncha trusts of questionable value --

Green Pells going out too for old login point cosmetics.

ZetaEpyon

It is probably worth emphasizing that the red mog pells are given out per character, not per account.

Do with that what you will, but do it fast, since this only applies to characters active for at least one day before the end of October.

So I heard you wanted double exp? Well how about TRIPLE EXP?!?!?!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14261/detail.html

The problem with these new campaigns is that they're too good! I don't know if there are enough hours in the day to take advantage of all of them. Really excited for that Voidwatch campaign though, to be able to get KIs and drops without worrying about procing.

From Friday, November 9 at 11:00 p.m. (PST) to Monday, November 20 at 6:59 a.m. (PST)

lolwut

ApharmdX

Banned
I wonder if the short duration of this campaign will coincide with the launch of the final major FFXI patch? I'm guessing that a lot of the grind requirements for REM weapons will be reduced or drop rates improved, and a lot of other fundamental changes (permanent CP boost).

So I heard you wanted double exp? Well how about TRIPLE EXP?!?!?!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14261/detail.html

The problem with these new campaigns is that they're too good! I don't know if there are enough hours in the day to take advantage of all of them. Really excited for that Voidwatch campaign though, to be able to get KIs and drops without worrying about procing.

Yeah, I haven't had the time in-game to really take advantage of these campaigns, sadly. I'm hoping to cap cooking and subcrafts with the upcoming crafting campaign this time.

The actual time spent crafting is dwarfed by the time spent getting materials, and now that it's announced the current stockpiles have been hoarded. Such is the life. I'm probably 2-3 such campaigns away from even bothering getting any crafts up to a serious level.

B.K.

I wonder if the short duration of this campaign will coincide with the launch of the final major FFXI patch?

Probably. The last update will probably be on November 11. 11/11 is the perfect date for the end of Final Fantasy XI's story.

I see that there are going to be a lot of HP Bayld drops during the events. I hope this isn't a sign that it's going to take 20-30k HP Bayld to get Aeonic Weapons.

I'm shocked that anybody can move H-P Bayld at the 30k I see in everybody's bazaar. I have hundreds of those goddamn things stockpiled and nothing to spend it on.

Parshias7

I'm shocked that anybody can move H-P Bayld at the 30k I see in everybody's bazaar. I have hundreds of those goddamn things stockpiled and nothing to spend it on.

Well you need almost 14 thousand of them to make an Ergon weapon, so I assume everyone's buying them up for those.

ApharmdX

Banned

Idris is the best single item in the game, for the best job in the game. Better than any mythic, better than any empyrean weapon, better than any 119 HQ abjuration armor.

Every serious linkshell pretty much needs at least one. So yeah, they sell at 30k.

ApharmdX

Banned
That's nice, I guess. Really the only somewhat hard thing to solo in Dynamis are the hard mode bosses, so I guess those won't be so bad anymore.

Yeah, it doesn't change much for the top Dyna jobs. Thief still needs dancer sub to get procs. Dancer still needs thief sub for TH3/4. The biggest change is no longer having to have so much Dual Wield.

theDeeDubs

Just hit 75 on GEO. Are there any merits I should pick up now or should I just focus on getting to 99? As this will be my first 75+ job, I'm clueless about merits (in general not just job specific ones).

Just hit 75 on GEO. Are there any merits I should pick up now or should I just focus on getting to 99? As this will be my first 75+ job, I'm clueless about merits (in general not just job specific ones).

Get to 99. Merits are an order of magnitude easier to cap on adoulin/escha mobs than the ones you can kill at 75.

tmtyf

how easy would it be to get back into it to cap job levels and finish the story expansions? I stopped playing shortly after abyssea expansions came out and kinda wanna finish before they kill the 360 version next year. So much has changed so i dont even know where i would even start.

Parshias7

how easy would it be to get back into it to cap job levels and finish the story expansions? I stopped playing shortly after abyssea expansions came out and kinda wanna finish before they kill the 360 version next year. So much has changed so i dont even know where i would even start.

Getting to 99 is super easy, it can take like a week to go 1-99 if the exp campaign is on. (which it will be, starting Tuesday)

Get to 99 and get the basic ilvl117 gear from the sparks vendor and you'll be able to solo all story content through Seeker of Adoulin. Depending on your job, you might be able to solo that last one as well. Or come to Sylph and someone in the LS will probably help you out.

B.K.

Are there any good places in the Gates to solo CP now? They ruined all the Gates when they put Apex mobs everywhere.

ApharmdX

Banned
New login campaign means that my wife and I will have another 20 savory shanks to burn trying to get her Defending Ring. Sigh...

My 12 year old son is starting FFXI since the last major content is coming out tonight. It feels so weird explaining to him that there's nothing but endgame! I'm a little nostalgic for the old days of LFG, or even Abyssea parties.

New login campaign means that my wife and I will have another 20 savory shanks to burn trying to get her Defending Ring. Sigh...

My 12 year old son is starting FFXI since the last major content is coming out tonight. It feels so weird explaining to him that there's nothing but endgame! I'm a little nostalgic for the old days of LFG, or even Abyssea parties.

I remember groups forming full alliances to get through Promyvion zones. Or LB3. Or people trying gimmick alliances (18 MNK, 18 BLM) for the Ark Angels fight.

I now see the value in the hexed gear. But then I look at what I need to kill for the abjuration and my hopes wane. The life of a casual :V

I also couldn't get a Caliber Ring before the version update and I'm sad. Needing to get actual exp chains to get the exp bonus is kind of painful, I always, always always got better exp/hour killing EP-DC mobs.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So hoping that Wyrm event is like the behemoth one from awhile back, being able to spam ws endlessly was the bomb for breaking latents.

Seriously looking forwards to the update, although I must admit to feeling somewhat concerned over what the changes to BST are going to be. The range reduction last time didn't really work as nerf, but was extremely irritating and damaging to the fun of playing the job.

Loona

If he's just starting the game, there's a lot to do in it that barely touches endgame, although a high-level job will help a lot with it.

Getting city and AF quests alone, not to mentions the mission lines, can already take quite a bit of time.

I wonder if there's any in-game event (in the final RoV missions?) that justifies the look of that new Shantotto II Trust... I like to say that she's the final boss of the FF multiverse since they never really let her lose at anything directly, even in crossovers (when anything happens, it's to some puppet), but damn...

I haven't done A Shantotto Ascension, and I had just assumed the new Shantotto Trust is based off the final boss fight for that. Is it really an all-new model for her? Would be weird if she was a Rhapsodies boss and her trust was a login points reward.

MechaX

I picked up this game recently while I was on a break from XIV, and I swear most of my time has been spent trying to properly run this game.

Like, I would really like to play it, but the fact that it chugs to like 10 fps when literally nothing is going on really worries me. And I have spent hours on various forums trying to figure out good settings, to figure out why my laptop's GPU completely ignores the game no matter what, etc.

I don't mind the fact that I bought it on Steam for $40, because I can just chalk that up as a learning experience and a loss. What does bother me is that a lot of possible solutions either tend to be rolling back drivers (which is not helpful for the 960m series I have, and lol Integrated Graphics), or flat out installing old versions of Windows. I get that the game is 10 years old. But all I am is a new player trying to give an interesting piece of MMO history a chance, and it is just not working with modern technology for me so far.

Top Bottom