• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

Loona

I haven't even spent my points from the current campaign, I have really no idea - everything that would be interesting to upgrade my current gear would also require additional stuff like dynamis currency, which can't be obtained with points, and I've recently spent all my gil on scrolls, and my inventory farming the other scrolls (I really wish a future upgrade would let us use more AH slots so I could clear my inventory faster...).

Maybe I'll spend campaign 27's points on devious dice and liminal residue, and 28's on the prerequisite coins of glory for the sword WS...

theDeeDubs

I've been on the search for an Austere/Penance Hat for a lockstyle set. Can anyone craft this or have one laying around they would sell? AH is dead.

Anyone around this weekend for some high level mission battlefields? I need at least one Normal clear so that Oboro will sell me something, and I just spent the last of my merit points buying up every possible KI entry item. I'm thinking either Garuda or Celestial Nexus on the off chance that a dagger drop (which it won't but I gotta start somewhere).

B.K.

Final update announced.

14225.jpg

A new, content-packed version update is set to land early this November!

Along with the concluding chapter to Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, the November version update will conclude the Seekers of Adoulin "Vegetable Vegetable Revolution" quest series.

That's not all! Fearsome notorious monsters await in Geas Fete, Wanted battles, and Domain Invasion, each guarding a horde of resplendent spoils. Rank 7 monster rearing will also be introduced along with a hefty expansion to job points and gifts -- a veritable cornucopia of improvements and additions!

B.K.

The new area was announced. It's in the Far East, finally:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48909

attachment.php

It's unclear whether there will be an Escha version. The image shown is a green area, so if it's post-Emptiness, which I imagine that it will be, we might actually get two areas.

I doubt there will be an Escha
Risenjima.
Square Enix has said all along that there would only be three new zones added with Rhapsodies.

Isn't Rasenjima supposed to be the only uncorrupted piece of land remaining in that parallel timeline, anyway? It won't get an Escha version unless the boss fights are some kind of 'push back the siege' where the battlefield gets all Escha'd up for the duration of the fight. From the looks of the screenshots that doesn't appear to happen though.

Also, still looking for help to clear a Normal HLBF. My solo+trusts attempt didn't go well :(

Parshias7

As a surprise to only those who can't follow patterns, we get to raise Spyro baby Wyrms for the final level of monster rearing. How high will the CP bonus go? Probably 10%.

ApharmdX

Banned
Yeah, the new shots today make it clear- the area is not Escha'ed. It must be present-day Reisenjima.

Jack, will you be around tonight EST? What's your character name? We can do Tenzen Normal, or maybe do a Difficult HTBF (I could use 109 chapters, going to 119 my summoner AF3... 9/10 SMN AF1/2 119, would like to be 15/15 SMN AF1/2/3 119).

Pan, get your ass back in FFXI!

Yeah, the new shots today make it clear- the area is not Escha'ed. It must be present-day Reisenjima.

Jack, will you be around tonight EST? What's your character name? We can do Tenzen Normal, or maybe do a Difficult HTBF (I could use 109 chapters, going to 119 my summoner AF3... 9/10 SMN AF1/2 119, would like to be 15/15 SMN AF1/2/3 119).

Pan, get your ass back in FFXI!

I know D: I ordered new pc parts today.

Mmm I tend to get home after 10pm eastern time most weeknights. If you're still around my THF Agrestic would love the help. I'm seriously hurting for better weapons at this point, I do most of my playtime solo and I'm starting to run into walls because of my damage output.

rybrad

After starting back in May I am finally almost done with the entirety of the story (which has been pretty good)! I made it to the last chapter in SOA but I am having issues with the boss fights now, more specifically with keeping the NPCs alive. Is this possible to solo (with trusts obviously) if I focus on getting some better gear or am I out of luck here?

After starting back in May I am finally almost done with the entirety of the story (which has been pretty good)! I made it to the last chapter in SOA but I am having issues with the boss fights now, more specifically with keeping the NPCs alive. Is this possible to solo (with trusts obviously) if I focus on getting some better gear or am I out of luck here?
will depend on your own job and trusts, I think they are all soloable with varying degrees of difficulty, with some being really hard to solo.

Which are you on now?

rybrad

will depend on your own job and trusts, I think they are all soloable with varying degrees of difficulty, with some being really hard to solo.

Which are you on now?
I am on the Xol Triumvirate guys right now. I tried Dhokmak (Cirdas Caverns lizard with 3 adds) last night and Darrcuiln was dead when the boss was around 80%. My only 99's are BLU and THF with BLU being the better geared with Taeon (mediocre augments) and the Alluvion Skirmish sword. For trusts, I have gotten all the ones I can but don't have any of the ones that require group content like August.

I definitely got help (a healer at minimum) for both of those fights, Trusts generally aren't smart enough to prioritize healing vs. status removal, particularly for the Dhokmak fight.

You're definitely at the stage of Adoulin missions where you need a party's help to complete the battlefields, I don't really think they're soloable unless you're very very well geared.

rybrad

I definitely got help (a healer at minimum) for both of those fights, Trusts generally aren't smart enough to prioritize healing vs. status removal, particularly for the Dhokmak fight.

You're definitely at the stage of Adoulin missions where you need a party's help to complete the battlefields, I don't really think they're soloable unless you're very very well geared.
That is what I was afraid of, thanks for the info. Hopefully the next Rhapsody stuff unlocks all the cutscenes so I don't need to try to find them on Youtube.

If memory serves I think we low-manned the Yggdrasil Beckons fights. Had a WHM both times to remove status effects and 2 (3?) DD with nobody really tanking. The mobs don't have a ton of health but the intensity of the debuffs and AOE going out are beyond a Trust's ability to heal through it.

As an aside I've been recording all the Adoulin cutscenes with the intention of putting them up on YouTube (unlisted, anyway). They're not great quality recordings as my Nvidia card slows to a crawl with both FFXI and Fraps running, but they're better than nothing. :X

Loona

There's a FF14 event celebrating the end of FFXI on 11/11:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...pdate-Thread?p=3389643&viewfull=1#post3389643

So that's probably when the update will be hitting.

n the FXI subreddit someone mentioned a possible connection to references the RoV story might have made to FFXIV, but it's nothing I've caught while playing through it.
I've played some XIV, but stopped before finishing its mainline story, so I'm not sure what exactly the reference might be - can someone who caught/understood the reference mention it here, even if spoiled?

I do recall when XIV 1.0 was in its final days there were some Atomos spewing demonic critters, so I'm not sure if that's the concept they're referencing or something else...

BTW, the next update it also tweaking PUP and BST, as well as bumping merit and job point options: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48963

ApharmdX

Banned
It's pretty awesome that the 2100 point gift will give a "Master of" title. That's a lot of work for a title but, in 2015, if you've gotten that title you've likely earned it :D

You can probably shout for help with these fights. People who have already done them get bayld rewards for helping, 20k I think?

You need a healer for the poison damage fight for sure. The last two fights might be solo-able on certain jobs but you would need to be extremely well-geared, like Jack said. The final two fights my wife and I duo'ed as RUN and DNC. The trusts ran out of MP by 50% on the final fight. Still, I think I could have maybe solo'ed it on SMN or PUP. Maybe.

Parshias7

Going over the dev tracker on BG forums, a couple of changes I didn't see put into the official update announcements:

-F8 is going back to normal. Praise the Lord.
-They will add a new key item in Escha that lets you spawn as many NMs as you want for an hour following its purchase, in place of using a Tribulens and needing to buy replacements. Bought with silt from the regular NPCs.

Both of these will show up in the November update. Get hype!!!

ApharmdX

Banned
Going over the dev tracker on BG forums, a couple of changes I didn't see put into the official update announcements:

-F8 is going back to normal. Praise the Lord.
-They will add a new key item in Escha that lets you spawn as many NMs as you want for an hour following its purchase, in place of using a Tribulens and needing to buy replacements. Bought with silt from the regular NPCs.

Both of these will show up in the November update. Get hype!!!

Nice. I'll finally get my Rawhide pieces, with this and the three-person requirement being removed.

B.K.

We're getting one final set of super weapons.

A new class of armaments, aeonic weapons, will be added via a new quest.
Aeonic weapons are of the same caliber as relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons, and possess an aftermath effect that enables the activation of new skillchains that surpass light and darkness.
* Completion of the aeonic weapons requires completion of a quest to be added in a subsequent update.

14251.jpg

rybrad

We're getting one final set of super weapons.

A new class of armaments, aeonic weapons, will be added via a new quest.
Aeonic weapons are of the same caliber as relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons, and possess an aftermath effect that enables the activation of new skillchains that surpass light and darkness.
* Completion of the aeonic weapons requires completion of a quest to be added in a subsequent update.

14251.jpg
That makes it sounds like there is going to be more updates after November? I thought November was going to be the last update besides bug fixes.

ZetaEpyon

That makes it sounds like there is going to be more updates after November? I thought November was going to be the last update besides bug fixes.

It's meant to be the last major content update. There will still be balancing, bug fixes, QoL updates, and likely other minor stuff.

creid

Presumably these new weapons are a long grind like relic weapons, which must mean they're planning on keeping the game running for a long time to come. Good to hear.

Top Bottom