• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Over 100 GB

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So is Midgar gonna be open world-ish and will the game have loads of uncompressed cutscenes?

Two Blu rays? What the fuck Square. Where's the third one? You're cheaping out. I demand this game be put on THREE discs just like the original Final Fantasy VII.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Oh ok I get it now. SE puts no compression what so ever so if they lose the source code which they will eventually, they can just get the retail version.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What a bunch of bullshit.

Netflix uses up 7GB an HOUR for 4k content.
Yet this game is 100GB plus?

I guess devs really fucking hate compression.
Cause will all know ofc.. higher number = better

Can't wait for the spam to reach neogaf.
Ff7 remake will take 200+ hours to 100%

Last edited:

Wasn't the newest Call of Duty around 100gb and that's just some linear shooter (well maybe that includes the mp maps but still)?

magnumpy

good 100GB is a start but file sizes will need to drastically increase if graphics are ever going to be taken to the next level. or we can just play nitando switch game for the rest of time, that's ok too :(

Mista

Banned
I’m pretty sure thats the required HDD space and not the game size. Its a joke if ONE episode is actually 100GB

Just like RDR2 it required space like this one but the game ended up less. Its still a joke..

Hostile_18

Banned
Makes you wonder about next gen hard drives rumoured to be 1tb SSD... that's like what 9 games at any one time.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
To be fair if it is high quality cinematics what other choice do they have. A lower bit rate than what the gameplay is would terrible.

Terenty

I very much doubt this game will have the same amount of content, animations, textures, models etc etc as Rdr 2.

So yeah, cgi cinematics most likely

xrnzaaas

They should make high quality cinematics an optional download. I'm currently playing Erica and I wouldn't mind a version with lower quality vids so it wouldn't weigh over 40GB.

Birdo

Banned
Lets party like it's last gen.

AVcIG52.jpg

diffusionx

Gold Member
That makes me wonder. 15 was a full open world game, full of side quests and so on, so, what did they add in this first part that makes it be almost as big as 15 in filesize? As far as we know, it's only midgar, wich isnt a huge part of the original, this also makes me wonder how much "filler" they put in this first part to make it seem like a full final fantasy on it's own.

Do we know it's only Midgar? That is what people have been assuming, because it's a natural stopping point in the original's story. However, this game is making massive changes up and down, and they've already shown off non-Midgar portions. Square also hasn't talked about future episodes at all.

ExpandKong

Banned
Do we know it's only Midgar? That is what people have been assuming, because it's a natural stopping point in the original's story. However, this game is making massive changes up and down, and they've already shown off non-Midgar portions. Square also hasn't talked about future episodes at all.

Confirmed by Kitase several times.

"At that point, we decided we're going to focus this game on Midgar and what happened in Midgar. And unfortunately, we can't say anything more about the future games after that, because we don't know ourselves, really. We really are still fleshing out that process and fleshing out what we're going to do for the second game in the project, and what kind of story is going to be in that, so we really can't tell you."

Hostile_18

Banned
Unsurprising.

Aparently they are voicing every random interactive dialogue in the game, crazy stuff.

Most modern RPGs have full voice acting now TBF.

Seems weird needing to do this in multiple parts because "it's too big a game" only to exponentially increase a 6 hour segment to a game in its own right.

It has to be about the money. SE has never been about telling a complete story in one game/medium for many, many years now due to how much they can get out of their fanbase.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Most modern RPGs have full voice acting now TBF.

Seems weird needing to do this in multiple parts because "it's too big a game" only to exponentially increase a 6 hour segment to a game in its own right.

It has to be about the money. SE has never been about telling a complete story in one game/medium for many, many years now due to how much they can get out of their fanbase.
Fingers crossed the story blows our mind anyway

neotokyo360

Ultra HD Blu-ray Movie 4K
2 HOUR use 50-100GB

Last edited:

killatopak

Could be different audio languages for the games and the FMV. I remember FFXIII had inflated file size on PC because of different videos for each langauge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom